closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Share trading newbie question

Share trading newbie question

Morning all

I'm looking at starting up an account but everything if find seems to be based around CFD's and in all honesty i don't know what they are at all.
    What i'd like is an account where i can simply buy shares in companies directly.
    Are such things available, or am i missing something here.
    I have no clue about such things so don't want to pretend i know what i'm talking about and walk into the wrong thing.
    Any recommendations?

Master
    There are loads. Fidelity, Interactive Investor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
    Morning all

I'm looking at starting up an account but everything if find seems to be based around CFD's and in all honesty i don't know what they are at all.
    What i'd like is an account where i can simply buy shares in companies directly.
    Are such things available, or am i missing something here.
    I have no clue about such things so don't want to pretend i know what i'm talking about and walk into the wrong thing.
    Any recommendations?
    Usually UK trading platforms that offer CFD's and spreadbetting (leveraged trading) would also offer sharedealing products as well. As mentioned there are loads of platforms available; IG, Trading 212, etc. I would look at their platform features, range of shares available and also fees. You may also want to consider trading using your ISA allowance if you're not using your ISA already.

You might also want to look at apps like Freetrade where they have really simplified the whole process to enable trading on your phone. They used to charge a £1 for all trades at market price but that might be free now. They also allow you to trade within ISA (with a subscription fee of £3 per month). Recently they've also been talking about allowing fractional shares i.e. buying a fraction of a share instead of a whole one.

All the best!

I use IG, very good and straight forward, you can set up a demo account if you don't want to invest money to start with, actually if I send you a recommendation then I get £100 for introducing you which I split with the person I recommend, as far as fees go they are £8 a trade each way, once you have done 3 trades plus then it drops to £3 a trade each way..

Let me know if you need any advice as I have been trading with them the last month and done okay so far.
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 24th April 2020 at 09:03.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I use IG, very good and straight forward, you can set up a demo account if you don't want to invest money to start with, actually if I send you a recommendation then I get £100 for introducing you which I split with the person I recommend.
    +1 Also would recommend trying out a demo account with providers like IG. They have guides for new investors too.

Master
    Save yo money, man