closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay seller

Craftsman

eBay seller

In a nut shell.Won a watch for a good price paid up.Get message from seller saying really sorry can’t find watch anywhere.Gives Me a swift refund.What would You do? Accept it? Leave sh1t feedback for them? Watch like a hawk for it being relisted and call them out on it?They do have good feedback incidentally

Master
    Yea - leave neg feedback. Say he's Chris Essery.

Master
    I'd leave it unless they've gone out of their way to piss you off

Probably just leave it - if it comes up for sale again maybe consider leaving neg feedback?

eBay seller

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    In a nut shell.Won a watch for a good price paid up.Get message from seller saying really sorry can’t find watch anywhere.Gives Me a swift refund.What would You do? Accept it? Leave sh1t feedback for them? Watch like a hawk for it being relisted and call them out on it?They do have good feedback incidentally
    That’s happened to me a couple of times. Heard everything from “- oh my house just got robbed sorry” - to “no longer for sale”

On all occasions the watches were relisted within a week. And we’ are not talking about very expensive pieces where the prices can fluctuate a lot. Usually under £500 mark

Leave appropriate feedback and move on, some people just aren’t worth the hassle

Master
    Let it go. It’s just a watch, and a minor inconvenience.

Craftsman
    Annoying as it is-the money is back in your account. I wouldn’t leave feedback even though your gut says they will relist. Any half decent person would honour the sale even if the watch didn’t get the expected price. There will be another watch out there

Master
    I’d leave it. The seller did refund you immediately so you haven’t lost anything.

You’ll probably notice if they do relist it, if they do I would then leave negative feedback. If not, just put it down to experience and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget about it .. life's too short

Leave it a couple of weeks and leave negative if it gets relisted. No point complaining to ebay as he will just say he "found" it after all.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Likely an auction I suppose?

Many a times I bit the bullet too, till I learnt my lesson that if it not a particularly popular model, it will sell for pennies on eBay. I had a case when I was considering to do the same, not so much because of the price which was about 1/2 what I had expected to get for it, but because the highest bidder/winner was in Ghana!
    Well, I did a bit of KYC, as he had used his work address, which was a hospital, he was a doctor, and it turned out to be a very pleasant deal, the guy even messaged me for Christmas some months after to thank me again for "agreeing" to send him the watch and he was chuffed to bits with it.

In your case, assuming it is a UK-UK deal, the tw@t does not have much to stand on other than sellers remorse and he shouldn't be listing it really. You should leave negative feedback, not in x weeks but now, because likely he will turn around and do exactly that again causing others grief. I was on the receiving end of this type of shtick myself, just once on eBay but multiple times on a Japanese bidding platform, where such behavior is rife! At least on eBay the buyer is GOD while the seller is treated like rubbish by eBay themselves, but the Japanese platform I'm talking about, they don't even bother to tell you why and of course if you have no knowledge of Japanese, forget about trying to complain to anybody.

I'd leave negative feedback.

You're not out of pocket but still a bad experience and a warning to others he can't be trusted (if you don't believe his story anyway).

Maybe post a link on here, and it if it gets relisted we can all place outrageous bids that will never be honoured

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Maybe post a link on here, and it if it gets relisted we can all place outrageous bids that will never be honoured
    Yes please, that would be fun, give the "poor" bloke the excitement of a lifetime.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Leave it,not worth getting in a tizz over.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Leave appropriate feedback and move on.

Master
    I did respond to a WTB for a camera on this forum. I described it and agreed a price, then couldn’t find it anywhere. Initially thought I must have sold it and forgotten so had to go back and apologise - no money had exchanged. Now approx 2 years later it has turned up again. Just saying, it can happen.

Craftsman
    Cheers Guys. I’m more disappointed than pissed with the seller.They have 100% good feedback and I don’t feel right giving bad reviews as they were apologetic and refund was quick.If I see it relisted I will ask them to honour the deal with Me and for now leave no feedback.All part and parcel of ebaying I guess

Is that not Chris essery on the thread about HH in Australia selling the fake ,I may be wrong I’ll go check.

Craftsman
    I'd leave it alone but keep an eye if it comes up for sale again soon. If it does then I'd leave Neg feedback.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Is that not Chris essery on the thread about HH in Australia selling the fake ,I may be wrong I’ll go check.

I think that’s why it was suggested as negative feedback (claiming that the eBay seller was Chris Essery)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    I did respond to a WTB for a camera on this forum. I described it and agreed a price, then couldn’t find it anywhere. Initially thought I must have sold it and forgotten so had to go back and apologise - no money had exchanged. Now approx 2 years later it has turned up again. Just saying, it can happen.
    It does happen. Last year I sold a pair of Edwardian silver spoons on ebay. Went to pack them up, couldn't find them. They weren't where I thought they were, and after searching everywhere I thought they might be I contacted the buyer,told them what had happened and cancelled the sale. To cut a long story short her refund was delayed because she hadn't used paypal, and because of that I ended up with a negative feedback. Of course, as sod's law would have it, I found the bloody things the day after she received her refund, and two days after she left the feedback. To add insult to injury they were in the drawer where I thought I'd put them all along - a small piece of the lining had become loose at the back and covered them perfectly, and I simply hadn't noticed.

I wouldn’t leave neg feedback at this point as he’s got 100% pos feedback so is obviously usually a reliable seller, apologised and refunded. Seems daft that you could lose a watch you’ve just listed on eBay, but shouldn’t just assume he’s pulling a fast one as it may be a genuine balls up on his part.

I’m not even sure if you can leave feedback unless a sale has been completed?

However I would message him back and say if you find it can you get in touch and offer it to me at the agreed price, fair’s fair and all that. If you then see him re-list it without contacting you, you’ll know he’s not been straight with you and he’ll be deserving of neg feedback.

Alternatively just forget about it, write it off as one of the many pitfalls of buying & selling on eBay and stick a WTB up on here for the watch.

It’s the Joys of EBay.. Walk away get on with your life.. it’s only a watch...

apart from polishing up on your pushing poo through letterbox skills - do nothing - maybe neutral feedback if it gets relisted... ? a kind of 'meh' at the situation