closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Run of bad luck

Craftsman

Run of bad luck

I think I'm on a run of bad luck (watches only I hope)

I was lucky enough to get the call the day the 126710blnr was released. I've had the watch and enjoyed it until a couple of months ago when I noticed it sounded as if something came loose in the case (guessing a part of the movement) off to the AD and then Rolex it went. I got the call this week to say it was back at the AD and all was well. Roughly 5-6 week turnaround which was great.

On to the next issue, the day after I get the call from the AD regarding the blnr, I am getting ready to switch out from wearing my submariner date to my aquanaut. I notice that the date on the aquanaut once set has not fully transitioned and looks a little off. I unscrew the crown, a slight tweak and it's all good. I didn't think much of it. I notice the following day the same issue. Needless to say I contact the AD (Same as the rolex) and discuss things. So now it's looking like a case of 1 in 1 out at the AD this weekend.

I'm mechanically sympathetic and do look after my watches. Surely it's just a bit of bad luck and not something I have done to cause these issues.

My trusty submariner date has been going strong since 2016 so its either a tank of a watch or as i say I'm on a bad run of it at the moment.

Has anyone had similar issues with either their 126710blnr or aquanaut?

Sorry to hear that. I have the same movements (BLRO, 5167 and 5711), all bought in the past 2.5 years, and have had no issues. As you say, just bad luck I think that you got two bad eggs - I doubt it's anything to do with your dealer.

Master
    I also have the BLRO and 5167 and no issues here at all. Concerning the 5167, I dont even baby it and go travelling, hiking and generally acts like my "luxe" beater. So far so good since 2017. My BLRO is ok but the accuracy is just about acceptable which is a first for me since most of my rolexes tend to be bang on.

My Pam590 is about to go back to Panerai for the third time.

First visit, magnetised. I think I left on my mobile phone so my fault.

Second visit, losing time after being fully wound. Full service and new hands. Under warranty.

Soon to be third visit, after a full wind the watch stops after 4.5 days. It’s an eight day movement.

Even though I’ve had all these problems I absolutely love the watch.

I’ve never had any issues with any of my other watches, either past or present.

My 590 must be the equivalent of a Friday afternoon British Leyland motor. It somehow adds to the charm which is a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Good to know that these issues don't seem to be widespread.

I guess the bad luck will lift with the next watch purchase :-)

Craftsman
    The bad luck continues.

Collected my blnr from the AD. Got home to notice the watch has some minor scratches on the clasp and some scuff/marking on the case back. The watch went in as good as new as its rarely worn and still had some stickers on. Returned without stickers, no report of the issue, no documentation and the noise within the movement that it went in for still remains.

This is my first experience with the AD/Rolex warranty. Surely this can't be right. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Master
    Buy a cheap quartz. Such things almost never happen with those!

Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    The bad luck continues.

This is my first experience with the AD/Rolex warranty. Surely this can't be right. Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Unfortunately yes. When my BLNR went in for a bracellet reajustment it came back with very minor hairlines (only visible under harsh sunlight) to the case and bracellet. I was not amused but I chose to ignore it. The bracellet was resized on a Sunday when the salesman I usually deal with was away. I'll never make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    The bad luck continues.

Collected my blnr from the AD. Got home to notice the watch has some minor scratches on the clasp and some scuff/marking on the case back. The watch went in as good as new as its rarely worn and still had some stickers on. Returned without stickers, no report of the issue, no documentation and the noise within the movement that it went in for still remains.

This isn't "bad luck". This is incompetence. This is truly, madly, deeply bad customer service.

People should not be tolerating this BS! At the very least Name & Shame the AD, so no other poor sod suffers this.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    This isn't "bad luck". This is incompetence. This is truly, madly, deeply bad customer service.

People should not be tolerating this BS! At the very least Name & Shame the AD, so no other poor sod suffers this.
    I will give the AD one last try at this. They currently have my aquanaut which I am a bit nervous about. Hopefully they send it to patek and don't try fiddling with it.

The blnr will be dropped back in at them in a few weeks and all going well it goes to Rolex, they fix it and that's that. My thoughts currently are that it was never sent to Rolex. Is there any way to check and confirm with Rolex that they worked on the watch?

not good form & understand your concern, don't were you are but search for a service centre there are not that many and call? or ask your AD were they send them
    https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...=unitedkingdom

Craftsman
    A quick call to the rolex service centre who confirmed that they worked on the watch and are happy with their work.

I am surprised by this as the watch has picked up a number of marks and I am not convinced the original issue has been rectified.

They assured me that should any issue arise within the warranty period relating to why it originally went in or something else then the warranty will cover it.

Not an ideal situation but I am happy that the AD done everything right at their end and it's the service centre that in my opinion hasn't done the best job.

hi HEKTOR
    well at least that's a good out come from the Ad standpoint and think you can be happy how they are dealing with the aquanaut.
    re the Rolex, I see two ways send it back again to rsc with a list of the issues , or find a Rolex accredited watchmaker ( independent) get them to do a condition report ( it will have to be paid for) then you can hopefully be satisfied its as good as RSC say if I comes back with a clean bill of health , or if it has issues present this report to Rolex and request issues be fixed and request reimbursement of your outlay for the report/ inspection ( no guarantees they will) .
    or you live with it ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    hi HEKTOR
    well at least that's a good out come from the Ad standpoint and think you can be happy how they are dealing with the aquanaut.
    re the Rolex, I see two ways send it back again to rsc with a list of the issues , or find a Rolex accredited watchmaker ( independent) get them to do a condition report ( it will have to be paid for) then you can hopefully be satisfied its as good as RSC say if I comes back with a clean bill of health , or if it has issues present this report to Rolex and request issues be fixed and request reimbursement of your outlay for the report/ inspection ( no guarantees they will) .
    or you live with it ?
    Thanks for the excellent advice Mitch.

The plan is to discuss things with the AD further. They have a watchmaker on site which I should be able to chat with. If we all agree it's not right then it will go back to the service centre. If the watchmaker thinks it's ok then I think I will live with it. Should the issue (what I deem to be the issue) persists/becomes worse then the warranty should be there to fall back on.