closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay Sale Fulfilled By Amazon

Journeyman

eBay Sale Fulfilled By Amazon

I've just experienced this and I can't see how it could work well enough to make it worthwhile for the seller.

I bought a new book on eBay for £5 including postage. Next day it turned up as an Amazon delivery with a note inside showing the eBay seller's name.

The seller obviously has a Prime account, purchased the book from Amazon and had them send it to me.

Thing is, the book is £6 on Amazon! So, after eBay and PayPal fees, the buyer is, presumably, down a couple of quid.

Anyone come across this or can explain how it works?

Master
    Yes, that happened to me the last time I bought something from E-Bay. I got emails from Both E-Bay and Amazon with slightly conflicting delivery details but it got there earlier than E-Bay had advised.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Yes, that happened to me the last time I bought something from E-Bay. I got emails from Both E-Bay and Amazon with slightly conflicting delivery details but it got there earlier than E-Bay had advised.
    That was certainly a positive. I received the book a day earlier than eBay had forecast.

Back in the day when I started an eBay business account we drop shipped DVDs from Amazon to build selling history and power seller status on eBay.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Back in the day when I started an eBay business account we drop shipped DVDs from Amazon to build selling history and power seller status on eBay.
    I see. Did you make, break even or see it as a loss leader?

At £6 there will still be a profit, maybe bought for £3. ‘Remaindered’ books can be bought for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by GWFH View Post
    I see. Did you make, break even or see it as a loss leader?
    We got very lucky with one particular title, The Inbetweeners box set. We sold about 3,000 and made a fiver on each, so it wasn’t bad money. Also sold others, but The Inbetweeners was the main source of sales.

That’s before everyone else cottoned on to drop shipping between Amazon and ebay though. Not sure how lucrative it’d be today.

We got through seller reviews and the period where they hold your cash on PayPal with ease. Got top rated seller and power seller status then pivoted to another niche entirely. Those were the days!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    At £6 there will still be a profit, maybe bought for £3. ‘Remaindered’ books can be bought for peanuts.
    Does the seller have access to a lower price I can't see? If the book is on sale from Amazon at £6 how has the seller managed to buy it from them for £3 and have them send it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by GWFH View Post
    Does the seller have access to a lower price I can't see? If the book is on sale from Amazon at £6 how has the seller managed to buy it from them for £3 and have them send it to me?
    Sorry, misunderstood what’s going on here, please ignore!

Master
    Moral is: Always check Amazon price before buying off ebay.
    When it first happened to me a few years ago I was annoyed that I paid more for the item than if I had bought direct from Amazon. I left negative feedback and outed the seller as an Amazon Re-seller. Ebay removed the feedback with no explanation. They like to protect their big sellers more than buyers. Same situation with so-called UK based sellers who are really based in Far East. I've reported a few of them but ebay don't even reply. There is a way to check and I always do.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    When it first happened to me a few years ago I was annoyed that I paid more for the item than if I had bought direct from Amazon. I left negative feedback and outed the seller as an Amazon Re-seller. Ebay removed the feedback with no explanation. They like to protect their big sellers more than buyers. Same situation with so-called UK based sellers who are really based in Far East. I've reported a few of them but ebay don't even reply. There is a way to check and I always do.
    Sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I've never understood why people don't check at least both of these two before buying. I search as many platforms as I can!

I didn't think people still used ebay.

Master
    This happened to me recently too... I bought something for my lad off eBay on Sunday and it turned up Monday morning in an Amazon box. I was more than a bit confused at the delivery time more than anything!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    What did the seller do that was worthy of negative feedback? They offered an item for sale at a price you agreed to, and delivered it in a timely fashion??

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    What did the seller do that was worthy of negative feedback? They offered an item for sale at a price you agreed to, and delivered it in a timely fashion??
    This puzzled me too. Seller puts item up for sale, buyer doesn't check if it's cheaper elsewhere, buyer has a hissy. No wonder ebay removed the spurious negative feedback.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    This puzzled me too. Seller puts item up for sale, buyer doesn't check if it's cheaper elsewhere, buyer has a hissy. No wonder ebay removed the spurious negative feedback.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Quite.

Master
    You may all be right but it was about 7 or 8 years ago and it annoyed me at the time and I got a proper snot on. These days I do check for all the aforementioned hence don't get 'stung'. However, as I said, it is best to check the seller's feedback and location.