closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch for my 50th arrived :-) shocked no ones posted one here yet !!

Craftsman

New watch for my 50th arrived :-) shocked no ones posted one here yet !!

So it's was my 50th way back in August and I had a bit of money from every one over crap presents :-)

So I waited and was going to order the 50th moon landing as I still don't own a speedy, but I really hated the design and did not want a picture of the 2nd man on the moons arse !!
    a very odd design imo.

So the short list was:

Omega Speedy
    Tag 40th Monaco the 1000 ltd ed one.
    Rolex standard Explorer

But then Omega launced this !!!! so I waited and waited and none arrived in shops till a few days ago. I was getting hassle from all the family, "have you bought a watch yet"

Now my head says buy the Rolex buy the Rolex, but when I saw this watch in real life some time you just have to buy with the heart, forget the overs investments and just buy a watch you really want to wear. esp as Rolex are going up 7.5 again in Jan.

now every one says this, but really the pictures don't do this watch any favors imo, but in real life it's totally stunning.
    Under the loup it's also flawless and the quality is much much higher than my other Rolex models, and the clasp is the best thing I have seen to date, the adjustment is perfect.
    Now when the black one came out I was meh, I have a black Omega SMP any way, so to buy another seems mental. But I am a Omega man and I could not help it to buy another.

it's not fitted yet and no daylight shots but here you go.
    But even the Box is well made.

I know you get the Sub vs the Omega time and time again, but really imo the new SMP is a better watch and I have 2 Rolex but imo they are over rated.
    I will have to do a collecting shot one day as a few have come and go but this being a 50th present off every one I know it is a true keeper.

Journeyman
    Very nice indeed...Could easily retire most watches. For money they do everything so well.

Craftsman
    with the new clasp, the upped build, the new movement, it must be the best watch on the market at this price point now.

I have the BLNR and this new Omega looks and feels the better unit again imo.

Might be too bling bling for some, but I love a white dial.

Master
    That looks brilliant, congratulations. I only wish it came in a slightly smaller size! What are the two Rolex already in your collection?

Journeyman
    i really like that!

Craftsman
    Congratulations. This does look absolutely brilliant and in my opinion by far the best colour variant I have seen in this reincarnation of the SMP.
    I do agree with the post above that it has now become a little too big for me though. Enjoy.

Lovely watch, and agree with you on the quality. They are superb.

What size is that, the 42 or 43.5?

I totally agree on the quality.

I'm still trying to decide on colour!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Congrats, a very lovely watch

Excellent choice, Omega have done a great job on the upgrades.

Craftsman
    Congratulations lovely watch and so many dial colour variants.
    I purchased a white dial Speedmaster racing for my 60th this year, so now had a white dialled watch.
    Your watch had been under my radar but catching site of in Omega boutique I decided to sell one of my collection and purchase this watch.
    I too like yourself had a deposit on the Apollo moonwatch but when it came it was too dainty for me and declined.
    In the end I put a deposit on the blue dialled variant but then switched to the black dialled Omega 007 and purchased that.

I do like this one. I'm a bit on the fence about the Omega waves, but the colour is lovely.

Why it took Omega so long to produce an adjustable clasp is beyond me.

Congratulations

Very nice indeed, and good choice. I'd take one of those over a Rolex any day.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Congratulations lovely watch and so many dial colour variants.
    I purchased a white dial Speedmaster racing for my 60th this year, so now had a white dialled watch.
    Your watch had been under my radar but catching site of in Omega boutique I decided to sell one of my collection and purchase this watch.
    I too like yourself had a deposit on the Apollo moonwatch but when it came it was too dainty for me and declined.
    In the end I put a deposit on the blue dialled variant but then switched to the black dialled Omega 007 and purchased that.
    Is your Speedmaster the 44.25mm version?

If so, what are your impressions; does it wear big?

Very nice belated present, enjoy!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Is your Speedmaster the 44.25mm version?

If so, what are your impressions; does it wear big?
    Yep it is the 44.25 ....and it wears smaller than its size for sure....even though it may not appear so in below picture.....

Love this variant, the white dial looks stunning! Congrats on the big 5 0 and on the brilliant acquisition.

Lovely watch! always thought white dial Omegas are lovely:)

Grand Master
    For me, the old Spedmaster Reduced was the perfect size, at around 39mm. Everything new just seems way too big thesedays. The Tudor BB58 is an exception, at around 39mm it has some appeal.

That white-dialled Speedmaster looks nice, but the size is bound to put some buyers off, I’d look like a clown if I wore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Yep it is the 44.25 ....and it wears smaller than its size for sure....even though it may not appear so in below picture.....

Thanks for that. Looks great BTW.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Great watch and happy 50th for earlier in the year! Great watch to mark it with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    So it's was my 50th way back in August and I had a bit of money from every one over crap presents :-)

So I waited and was going to order the 50th moon landing as I still don't own a speedy, but I really hated the design and did not want a picture of the 2nd man on the moons arse !!
    a very odd design imo.

So the short list was:

Omega Speedy
    Tag 40th Monaco the 1000 ltd ed one.
    Rolex standard Explorer

But then Omega launced this !!!! so I waited and waited and none arrived in shops till a few days ago. I was getting hassle from all the family, "have you bought a watch yet"

Now my head says buy the Rolex buy the Rolex, but when I saw this watch in real life some time you just have to buy with the heart, forget the overs investments and just buy a watch you really want to wear. esp as Rolex are going up 7.5 again in Jan.

now every one says this, but really the pictures don't do this watch any favors imo, but in real life it's totally stunning.
    Under the loup it's also flawless and the quality is much much higher than my other Rolex models, and the clasp is the best thing I have seen to date, the adjustment is perfect.
    Now when the black one came out I was meh, I have a black Omega SMP any way, so to buy another seems mental. But I am a Omega man and I could not help it to buy another.

it's not fitted yet and no daylight shots but here you go.
    But even the Box is well made.

I know you get the Sub vs the Omega time and time again, but really imo the new SMP is a better watch and I have 2 Rolex but imo they are over rated.
    I will have to do a collecting shot one day as a few have come and go but this being a 50th present off every one I know it is a true keeper.

Great looking watch, definitely one to look for.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    That's lovely. I need one of those.

Master
    I was a having a close look at this in an AD last week having been impressed when I first saw it on the Omega website. It will be my first purchase of 2020 for sure.

I love these but thought they were too big for my tiny wrists. However, I tried one on recently and it didn’t completely overwhelm me. I can see one taking a slot in the watch box eventually.

Congrats on the watch and the big 5-0!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Superb looking piece - haven't seen that variant before! Refreshing. And many happy returns on the 50th. A great celebration.

Martyn

Master
    I was at an Omega dealer yesterday he showed me that same watch. Your pictures really don't show the white as it really shows in person it's really quite white don't know how to explain it . The hands look solid not skeletonized looking downward on them in person with the dial being so white. The indices are larger on the new models as well very similar to the Seiko style indices.

Superb, congratulations

Craftsman
    Cheers for the kind remarks.

what's good about the 42mm Omega is the lug to lug size, it's smaller than my 40mm Rolex GMT, yep that's quite amazing to see for real.

I have sold IWC in 41mm as they wear massive on my wrist. As did Tudor examples I had but sold on very quick. (I really dislike Tudor as a brand now, they do feel cheap and over priced to me)

So while the watch is wider and gives the wow factor on the wrist, you can wear it on a small wrist due to the lug to lug length.
    I am 6.75" wrist and it does not over hang or look daft, it looks big without wearing big. A 40MM Rolex GMT wears big as it is longer !

My best fitting watch is the older Rolex before the lug changes, I was lucky enough to get a Kermit early doors, and that looks and fits perfect but my example is NOS so a nice tight bracket.
    Due to costs I don't wear it now being NOS or as close to NOS as you can get, the value put's you off use :-(

I would like to add a 14060M 2 line no date Rolex next or that new 39mm explorer. But the former needs to be min wear and those have shot up in price now to £7k from £4k in 2 years, and the explorer will be circa £400 price increase in Jan !

Why do we after 2 days already look at the next buy :-( drugs must be cheaper than this hobby.

Tried one of these on today. Agree that the finish is as good if not better than a Sub

Wow, that is beautiful. Congratulations OP and belated happy 50th!

Master
    That looks awesome! I have the blue version of this watch, and completely echo all your comments with regards to the quality.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    I really dislike Tudor as a brand now, they do feel cheap and over priced to me
    In house movements, 70 hour power reserves, ceramic bearings on the clasps, excellent deployants, mostly in the £2.5-3k bracket - half the (all but impossible to obtain) RRP of their Rolex cousins. Afraid I can’t agree with you on this and I think the BB range represents better bang for buck than the Omega SMPs, as brilliant as they are.

SM300 is a notch above the Tudor IMHO and I've owned both.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Bought this for my 50th a couple of years back. Defo a keeper.
    Your new one is a stunner. Maybe my next watch. Love the black bezel and white dial.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This has been my daily wearer for the last 20 years and has been absolutely bomb proof. It was great value for money and felt high quality at the time (1998). In fact as my first proper watch I thought it was the best value watch out there.

i then went down the Rolex route and really enjoyed them. As Omega prices continued to rise i just didn't go back for another. However I was lured back to try Omega by this

I have to say the quality is definitely right back up there and actually IMHO the Omega feels far more robust and better made than the Rolex.