closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling internationally on Chrono24

Craftsman

Selling internationally on Chrono24

Hi all,

I've had an offer on a watch that I'm selling on Chrono24, however the buyer is based in Portugal. I've heard some horror stories of people selling high value goods abroad on another popular auction site, but at least there you can review buyer feedback. Does anyone know of a way of doing this on Chrono24? I'm also always very wary if international shipping on items like this

It would be interesting to hear of any stories that people may have (good or bad) that have been in the same situation as me.

Thanks

Craftsman
    I sold a few watches, mostly internationally. (also via Chrono24)
    I have to say I never had any issues. What helps is if you choose a decent shipper with track and trace codes that work from door2door.
    (local postal services tend not to have this)

Also make sure your communication is on point (and confirm the same is coming from the buyer)
    Just like you 'buy the seller' I would say you also 'buy the buyer' in this case.
    Having good communication prevents issues later in the process.

I also have a watch for sale on Chrono24. Received an offer yesterday from Romania, new user, short sentences “I buy watch” and one question “is item new”.

The last question raised double alarms as the watch is listed as pre-owned so reading the ad would have shown this. Also calling a watch an item is a bit weird.

Too many alarm bells for me. Still can’t find many scams from buyers on Chrono2 if I google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    I also have a watch for sale on Chrono24. Received an offer yesterday from Romania, new user, short sentences “I buy watch” and one question “is item new”.

The last question raised double alarms as the watch is listed as pre-owned so reading the ad would have shown this. Also calling a watch an item is a bit weird.

Too many alarm bells for me. Still can’t find many scams from buyers on Chrono2 if I google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't find many scams either. But there was a well known one, particularly with camera lenses on Ebay, where the buyer would return the item saying that it wasn't as described. This would be done via a tracked service so they could prove to Ebay that they had returned the goods (or supposedly so). In actual fact they had sent the original box back with a low value item of similar weight in the box so as not to arouse suspicion. Of course the seller opens the box to realise they do not have their lens back and Ebay side with the buyer.

This sort of thing has made me sceptical selling abroad.

Master
    I have bought and sold on chrono24.
    All times though I really did my homework in the buyer/seller. Checked out social media, did Skype call, reference on occasion etc
    So far so good but never say never for being caught out. If you are not comfortable with the other party do not do the deal.