closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seeking the impossible strap

Seeking the impossible strap

I suspect G&D is about as good a place as any to post...

An elderly lady (94) needs a new strap on her 14mm watch. She has expressed a wish (plainly after seeing the relevant Bond film...) for a nylon strap. Probably not a nato type but a single thickness thread-through 14mm.

However... she would really like the strap to have the regimental stripes of her late husband's regiment : the Grenadier Guards. So far as I can see this is navy & maroon. You'd think that might be a standard, but can I find such a strap? Can I *uggery.

Any pointers? Mr Google is being very reluctant to assist.

Craftsman
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GH42Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Far from perfect being nato and the colours arent quite the same but theyre pretty close.

The ebay link is probably a better option but the red maybe be a bit too red

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-14mm-1...373267119?var=
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 28th September 2019 at 16:34.

^^ Thanks - there's something wrong with my Amazon cookies - my search didn't show up anything like that. Colour-wise I think it's just right.

Reminds me of a job I did on an old soldiers (neighbour) fly fishing rod.
    I re-whipped the rings and then did the area above the reel seat in his medal colours
    I’m sure your friend will appreciate the effort

Craftsman
    Lovely thing to do and and old lady requesting a nylon strap, well that's just all kinds of cool!

the straps are here but 18mm...
    https://www.regimentalshop.com/colle...enadier-guards

i wonder if anyone could trim 2mm either side and seal? it wouldn't have the same balance obviously but the colours would be right.
    the strap could be holed to accept the spring bars giving it a bit of an 18mm bund look if you know what i mean? find the spot for the ladies wrist, mark the strap/lug hole point, punch 4x elongated holes, seal them, feed spring bars through and fit watch.
    another option could be to buy one of the ties, or handkerchiefs and have a strap maker use it to make a strap.

There are one or two forum members that make up woven 'paracord' wrist bands and key rings, maybe one of those in the correct colours and width.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.