closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: French parking ticket?

French parking ticket?

Last Friday we parked in a huge car park attached to the E'Leclerc supermarket, but far too big for the size of shop so we guessed some must be public parking. It was the only place left in the town as there was a festival on. We returned four hours later and got on our way.

Forward to yesterday and we parked in the same place for about two hours but on returning found this

There's so little info and it's a little scrap of card. Is it genuine? I looked for signs but nothing and there were cars all round us. I even went to the supermarket and bought some stuff.

It says I can expect info in the post but it just looks so unofficial, like a local resident making a point or something?

Any ideas what I can expect?

Yep, genuine. Traffic wardens (pervenches) no longer write out tickets they just scan your number plate and, if you are lucky, leave that little note. Sometimes you don't even get the note, just the fine in the post.

When you receive the parking ticket, you'll see what you did wrong, although I can't see how parking in a private, commercial car park is an infraction.

Or, someone left it for a laugh.
    Last edited by SimonK; 30th August 2019 at 08:59.

Thanks Simon. We're going back today so I'll have another look for signs. All I do know is that one car park we used was closed on Thursdays because of the market, but this one was teeming full.

I was within white lines and not sticking out and I didn't see any other cars with tickets? An English special ticket maybe?

Let us know if you receive something. I never speed in France but usually show a certain nonchalance when it comes to paying at a parking meter.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Take pics.

I went to the tourist office and asked about it but they seemed a bit perplexed as the car park is a free public car park.

She suggested it was someone playing a 'joke', so putting their notice on my car. She also suggested I could go to the local police station and see if they had a pic of my car, but as it's the last day I'd rather not waste in a municipal office.

Time will tell if it was a joke or not.

As for speeding, I've been ultra careful and sat nav has given me speed limits.

Craftsman
    I am ASSUMING you live in the UK, if the PCN is official what can they do?

Appologies if I have missed any details.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the locals having a laugh at the rosbif.

Journeyman
    Looks like a joke...sometimes the French have a weird sense of humor...once my Italian friend got that kind of paper placed on her car (with Italian number plate),but she’s actually living in that town and didn’t do anything wrong...