closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heathrow Rolex

Journeyman

Heathrow Rolex

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has been through Heathrow and T5 mainly over the last few months. I am after an OP in White and was wondering what my chances were!

Thanks

While T5 holds the Rolex Boutique I've found the WoS store in T3 had quite a range of Rolexes available and both outlets can be called by telephone to enquire about availability.

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 10th August 2019 at 06:19.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Was there last Thursday. Not many watches. Mainly Cellini, a couple of TT mens datejusts and a slightly wider selection of ladies'. No ss models.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    I travelled through Heathrow T2 recently and prior to going enquired about a RG yatchmaster on oysterflex and was told that this was a wait list item which I was surprised at. Was then told pretty much every SS and TT sports model and most SS DJ41mm are wait list items which need prior in person registration before your name can get on the list, so the days of walking in on the day and getting these are rare. Having said that although I couldn’t get the RG yatchmaster I was able to get a Tudor GMT on bracelet tax free, so you can still get lucky.

Mike

Craftsman
    I travelled via terminal 2 Heathrow about 4 months ago and sat in the display was a 114060 sub. I enquired and was told it had been there for 15 minutes. The purchase was completed before the mrs had finished in boots. Travelling to Turkey so vat free as well. The guys in store were decent and said they were surprised it had lasted 15 minutes. Miracles can happen.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I went through T4 3 weeks ago and there was nothing except a few blingy DJs in various sizes and load and I mean loads of ladies DJs.

Asked about any SS sports models but was told they had nothing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdivedaz View Post
    I travelled via terminal 2 Heathrow about 4 months ago and sat in the display was a 114060 sub. I enquired and was told it had been there for 15 minutes. The purchase was completed before the mrs had finished in boots. Travelling to Turkey so vat free as well. The guys in store were decent and said they were surprised it had lasted 15 minutes. Miracles can happen.

Lucky you! All I ever got offered at Heathrow was an OP not on display...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has been through Heathrow and T5 mainly over the last few months. I am after an OP in White and was wondering what my chances were!

Thanks
    If you know your travel dates you can place an order in advance for non-sports models to collect on the way out. Let them know the exact model you are after.

Whilst on shopping at airports I was fortunate enough to pick up a white face 116520 that was on display at list at the newly opened HKIA Rolex boutique in August 2013.
    Last edited by emmm; 10th August 2019 at 12:22.

I travelled through LHR T5 every week over 2010 and 2011 for work, and during a period when SS Rolex where generally more easy to come by. Even the I only ever saw one no date sub and one deep sea.

So, any SS sports models where never easy to come by at the airport even in the halcyon days. I figure you’ve got no chance now, especially as even stuff like DJs will be snapped up as they will be bought by overseas tourists tax free, and the UK market is one of the cheapest in the world.

Last time I passed through they had just had a delivery, so almost all DJ and OP variants (I almost bought a blue dial DJ41).
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman

Craftsman
    Just passed via Heathrow and not a single professional available. Staff were slightly vague but just shrugged shoulders when asked if any stock was due.

Pretty sure it's a world wide situation. I went though Schipol a couple of weeks back - always a good stop for Rolex but .... nada!

Journeyman
    Going through the dam next week, how nada are we talking haha

Heathrow Rolex

Next post

Going through the dam next week, how nada are we talking haha
    Everyone of your 88 posts, bar none is about some Rolex buying sh1t at Heathrow, Dubai, Schipol or other random sh1t airport location.

You sir are a fecking bore of the highest order.

I think my fish sticks are ready, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Next post
    I feel awful, you really should start charging me rent to be in your head 24/7. It would appear you’re quite rattled, glad to give you a glimmer of excitement in your life.

Enjoy your weekend, your fish sticks and whatever you and your mum get up to, I don’t think I’ll want to know the details

Thanks x

I feel awful, you really should start charging me rent to be in your head 24/7. It would appear you’re quite rattled, glad to give you a glimmer of excitement in your life.

Enjoy your weekend, your fish sticks and whatever you and your mum get up to, I don’t think I’ll want to know the details

Thanks x
    Book a connecting flight through Kabul for maximum Rolex airport availability.

In the mean time fcuk off with your shallow monotonous Rolex wannabe shIte.

Bye.

Journeyman
    Book a connecting flight through Kabul for maximum Rolex airport availability.

In the mean time fcuk off with your shallow monotonous Rolex wannabe shIte.

Bye.
    Hahaha okay mate, I was actually going to suggest you pop over to Zurich. Nibbling on fish sticks and posts that you’re not interested in on a Friday night doesn’t scream hectic schedules….

Maybe best to just scroll by next time instead of giving the Bertie big nuts hiding your naughty words. Not sure why you need to fill your evenings getting shirty online? Just let it all out, are you okay?

In short, get a life mate and I’ll focus on the 6 I have in my collection already lol….rent free

Grand Master

In short, get a life mate and I’ll focus on the 6 I have in my collection already lol….rent free
    What do you want, a Scooby Snack? Read your post back and see how childish you sound with your stupid lol .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    What do you want, a Scooby Snack? Read your post back and see how childish you sound with your stupid lol .
    It’s commonly known in the underworld as satire, in reference to the unfortunate chaps previous unwarranted messages if you care to look back.

With regards to your childish comment, I think I would be more concerned about the clown just digging out other members masquerading as some sort of Forum Police. However, I suppose it gives him a purpose so I’m glad to be of service

Apprentice
    Blimey!

Journeyman
    Lots of people want to post about Rolex, there are whole forums dedicated to them and posts about them get lots of views. This place is for watch nerds and why get cross and downright rude to someone who happens to really like Rolex and talking about them. I bet we all look in the windows of Rolex ADs just in case they have one!

I went through T5 last week, the Rolex boutique is WoS so unless you're on the stores waiting list.....

Master
    Apologies if this is common knowledge etc.

Went through Heathrow Terminal 3 yesterday afternoon. Poked my nose into WoS store and was disappointed to be told they no longer sell Rolex in there anymore. Only available in T2 and T5

I suppose it wasn’t viable to display stock you don’t have available for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I was in T3 last week and the Rolex concession was still there but all exhibition watches. The large watch store has gone though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I was in T3 last week and the Rolex concession was still there but all exhibition watches. The large watch store has gone though.
    That’s interesting. I went in the WoS store close to Spuntino’s. Last year they had Rolex. When I asked the SA yesterday she said only in T2 and T5. I didn’t ask when that changed tbf.

Where Rolex used to be in the shop was Panerai and Zenith.

Where was the Rolex concession? Is it a little like the T2 offering?

Master
    It is now only in T2 and T5.

Not sure how Joe saw it in T3?

You guys and your exotic long haul holidays. I'm usually stuck with Tissot, Swatch and G-Shock in Luton.

Master
    We are spoilt for Sekondas at Bristol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You guys and your exotic long haul holidays. I'm usually stuck with Tissot, Swatch and G-Shock in Luton.
    Can just see you with a Tissot alongside that AP Wiley

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    It is now only in T2 and T5.

Not sure how Joe saw it in T3?
    Apologies, I just checked my ticket, I flew out of T2 and into Copenhagen T3.

https://www.watchpro.com/2017/03/wat...x-heathrow.jpg

Stock photo, but still looks like this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    That’s interesting. I went in the WoS store close to Spuntino’s. Last year they had Rolex. When I asked the SA yesterday she said only in T2 and T5. I didn’t ask when that changed tbf.

Where Rolex used to be in the shop was Panerai and Zenith.

Where was the Rolex concession? Is it a little like the T2 offering?

Apologies, I flew out of T2 on Wednesday and saw the Rolex shop.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Nothing as exotic as that the last time I was in East Midlands. Armani only there.

Can just see you with a Tissot alongside that AP Wiley

I text the AD last week asking for another PRX but I wanted them to price match an Ernest Jones offer and I don't think they could be bothered. They were £450 in Luton last sept and RRP is now £610. If I see one next time I’ll grab it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Luton and CDG are there as my 2 worst airports, there are many others but these are the worst.

JFK always surprises me at how awful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Luton and CDG are there as my 2 worst airports, there are many others but these are the worst.

Luton Airport, what a thing to come home to. 9/10 times to Bodrum it’s that or Gatwick so I cave in. The smell walking out of Luton is like anal smelling salts. Unbelievable.

Haven’t been to CDG but JFK is pretty rough and the taxi ride makes me nearly vomit.

Apologies if this is common knowledge etc.

Went through Heathrow Terminal 3 yesterday afternoon. Poked my nose into WoS store and was disappointed to be told they no longer sell Rolex in there anymore. Only available in T2 and T5

I suppose it wasn’t viable to display stock you don’t have available for sale.

Nothing to buy anyway, so no loss even if there are no stores anywhere in LHR.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Lucky bugger, we’ve got meal deals in the shop at Exeter and that’s about it :-)

Master
    Nothing to buy anyway, so no loss even if there are no stores anywhere in LHR.
    Was very tempted by Longines Spirit Zulu Time

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Flew out of LTN once a few years back and it was really crap. I would go out of my way to avoid flying via CDG nowadays. Whenever I’ve flown through there the terminal I arrive at seems to be the furthest away from where I’m flying out of with an inadequate transfer time

LHR T5 had a Tudor BB54 yesterday

Meal deal? Luxury. If you go to Bournemouth and ask nicely you can top up your water bottle.

Amazed no one thas mentioned LAX, definitely the worst airport at a major city I've ever encountered.

Certainly no watch shops!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Amazed no one thas mentioned LAX, definitely the worst airport at a major city I've ever encountered.

Certainly no watch shops!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I had forgotten about that. Landed there two days ago ironically. Fortunately we mostly fly back from John Wayne Airport via DFW, SFO, SEA or SLC depending on airline we use. Never checked any for watch shops due to short layovers.

Irony at LAX is the illuminated Rolex clock on the approach to arrivals / immigration. But you’re right - no actual watch shops