closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shoe refurb - recommendations required!

Craftsman

Shoe refurb - recommendations required!

Hi All,

Was hoping to get some recommendations on where to get shoes refurbed / resoled?

I have various grensons / Barkers / Churches etc. For some brands such as churchs its easy as i can send them back for a full refurb / resole. However for my grensons they only resole not refurb, therefore any recommendations of any online friendly places i can get a pair refurbed and resoled?

Quote Originally Posted by xanx View Post
    Hi All,

Was hoping to get some recommendations on where to get shoes refurbed / resoled?

I have various grensons / Barkers / Churches etc. For some brands such as churchs its easy as i can send them back for a full refurb / resole. However for my grensons they only resole not refurb, therefore any recommendations of any online friendly places i can get a pair refurbed and resoled?
    https://shoehealer.co.uk/pages/repairs
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Have you used these lately,not sure what it’s like now the partners have split up.
    Not sure the new shop does refurbs though,but yes the shoehealer was spot on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoehealer was always very good. I’ve also used the Ilkeley Shoe Company for plenty of resoling etc- their work is pretty good.

Journeyman
    The trouble is not sending back to the original manufacturer without the original last. I know loake will repair up to 5 times but not if done elsewhere.

I have mostly Barker shoes, and for haste I had them done elsewhere - regretted it within a week.
    Whilst initially looking good, the heel angle was a little off, no replacement leather insole, and overall shape is a bit wrong.
    Barker every time now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    I have mostly Barker shoes, and for haste I had them done elsewhere - regretted it within a week.
    Whilst initially looking good, the heel angle was a little off, no replacement leather insole, and overall shape is a bit wrong.
    Barker every time now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    And i would agree that everytime choosing manufacturer is best. But my issue like i said is that grenson only do resoling - and i need a small area of leather potentially refurbed / polished. Therefore original manufacturer is not an option this time.
    Last edited by xanx; 28th July 2019 at 16:00.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Shoehealer was always very good. I’ve also used the Ilkeley Shoe Company for plenty of resoling etc- their work is pretty good.
    I'd second the shoe healer. Not tried Ilkley shoe co. but would consider trying them