closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

SOTC

Been a while since I've done one of these and I just posted in the "collection in a single shot" thread so I thought I'd expand on it a little

First up is my first "proper" watch. Doesn't get hardly any wrist time these days but I can't bear the thought of being without it
    Purchased 1999. Omega seamaster 2541.80.00

In no particular order.
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.5000 manual wind and heslite. Sold this on as part of a part ex deal to allow me to buy the next watch but got it back within 5 months I think. I'm definitely not a flipper.

Next up is a Speedmaster 145.22.71 from 1974 with correct 1171/633 bracelet and end pieces purchased off here with extract from Omega. This is something I've been after for a long time. Now on a hirsch strap

Rolex submariner 116610 purchased new in 2014.

Tag Monaco calibre 12. I bought this a little after my speedmaster. I kept holding off and by the time I got round to getting it the price had gone up £600!

Hamilton 6BB from 1975 issued to the RAF in relatively small numbers. My birth year watch

Now it my granddad's (dad's side) Marvin. Said to have been liberated from a dead German soldier. Not sure to be honest but I can say it's one of two watches I'll never part with.

LIP Super Nautic-Ski. Purchased off here. This is a mark 2, I was concerned after a recent compressors thread that I had the wrong dial in it given it is a mark 3. I contacted LIP and they said it was a "rare watch with correct dial". I wonder if there was a run of mark two cases that had mark 3 dials fitted at manufacture?

The second watch I'll never part with. Recently given to me by my mum, this was her dad's. Sekonda 17 jewel I know absolutely nothing about it and some research is required.

Now my work watch. G-shock GW-5000 on composite bracelet. Another purchased from off here. I travel abroad to some fairly dodgy places so this works well for me. I'd love a negative display of these.

And last up (phew) a G-shock DW-5600 negative display signed by Kikuo Ibe. Again acquired off here. I've not worn this at all and it stays locked up. If I'm honest it's the only watch I've ever got where I thought "I may make a bit of money off that". Not sure how as there seems to be a shed load out there.

And there we go, all finished, well done if you got this far. It wasn't until I did this I realised how many watches I now have. Where to go from here? I'm not sure. I feel I've got all bases covered but I've recently been hankering after a bit of two tone and keep going back to a rolex gmt 16753 but that's a long way off.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    Some lovely watches there.

That’s a very nice collection
    The 74 speedy is lovely. Really like the faded bezel
    The 6bb Hamilton is nice as well, one of the best dials I have seen.

Lovely collection 👍

Lovely, thanks for sharing.

Your Sekonda should be from the period when the brand was used for selling Russian watches to the west.

The 17 Jewel manual was a staple movement and was probably a rebadged Poljot or Raketa.

That Hamilton is a lovely looking piece.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    Lovely, thanks for sharing.

Your Sekonda should be from the period when the brand was used for selling Russian watches to the west.

The 17 Jewel manual was a staple movement and was probably a rebadged Poljot or Raketa.
    Thanks for the information and the comments everyone

Journeyman
    Good looking collection. The more i see them the more a Monaco looks appealing. Does it wear big?

Nice collection. Love the Seamaster and the Monaco. Always been put off by the strap on the Monaco... one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does t wear big on me but I've a fairly flat 7.5 inch wrist. Personally I find the strap OK but would love to have it on a blue rallye.

Craftsman

Quality

The sea master is a thing of beauty there

Nice collection and good job getting the watch back in such a short time