closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 58 - Alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    The strap colour really complements the watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The strap colour really complements the watch.
    Yes, it does work really well.

I already have a similar strap without all the Nato hardware on + a Tudor deployment clasp like the one on the BB58 leather strap.
    I think they would all look good together on the 58 - just need to work out the best way of removing the bracelet now!

Master
    Bracelet removed (using a spring bar tool & a lot of care) - Vintage Bond fitted.

The bond colours definitely work, though I haven’t plucked up the courage to go near mine with a spring bar tool yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bracelet removed (using a spring bar tool & a lot of care) - Vintage Bond fitted.

Now that looks cracking. Great combination.
    J

Tried one on recently, it's a great size.

Master
    Missed mine, so picked up another on bracelet and got the leather strap and eployment for it also.

Apprentice
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but what is the general consensus re availability in the UK (on bracelet)?

I get the sense that supply is increasing somewhat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardine32 View Post
    Now that looks cracking. Great combination.
    J
    Been playing around with some other straps that I have & can't make my mind up.
    Think they all work & each one gives the watch a different feel!

Bonetto Cinturini 295 for a proper vintage diver look (excuse the tape on the lugs!).

Hand made Italian leather - very deep green/teal (almost black) with black stitching.

Been playing around with some other straps that I have & can't make my mind up.
    Think they all work & each one gives the watch a different feel!

Bonetto Cinturini 295 for a proper vintage diver look (excuse the tape on the lugs!).

Hand made Italian leather - very deep green/teal (almost black) with black stitching.
    The black leather definitely works for me, would also be interesting to see how some coloured stitching looks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    The black leather definitely works for me, would also be interesting to see how some coloured stitching looks.
    It's actually very dark green in colour - looks black in lower light / deep green in daylight.
    It's quite a thick strap, but looks good on the watch - thinking about getting another made in black leather with butterscotch stitching (to match the face/bezel).

Apprentice
    It's actually very dark green in colour - looks black in lower light / deep green in daylight.
    It's quite a thick strap, but looks good on the watch - thinking about getting another made in black leather with butterscotch stitching (to match the face/bezel).
    Definitely think the butterscotch option would work - plus maybe a dark red? Though that might be a tad too much.

Different watch (but close enough) but I like a very dark brown alligator strap on my Kingston!

DSCF0371 by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Master
    The bond colours definitely work, though I haven’t plucked up the courage to go near mine with a spring bar tool yet.

did you get yours from Manchester?
    I'm going on Saturday to see whats what in Fraser Hart, David Robinson and the rest and was wondering which AD is the best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by RPM821 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but what is the general consensus re availability in the UK (on bracelet)?

I get the sense that supply is increasing somewhat.
    Regardles of the quoted waiting list, with a couple of emails/calls following up it doesn't seem too difficult to get one?

Master
    Paid a 20% deposit on a 58 yesterday in David Robinson's, Manchester with an expected 4 or 5 months wait.
    While we were in we were given 3 flutes of Champagne each and i ended up getting a 1926 for Mrs RD200 too.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Regardles of the quoted waiting list, with a couple of emails/calls following up it doesn't seem too difficult to get one?
    Agree, seems a mixed bag. I put my name on a list a few weeks back (no deposit) and am going to see it this week.

Craftsman
    Not sure if there are alternatives but the BB58 is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vekslak View Post
    Not sure if there are alternatives but the BB58 is awesome

Looks fantastic, really good photos there.

I’m still babying mine, absolutely love it.

Craftsman

One of the very few watches that look much better on any other strap but the bracelet. I have considered selling mine because my sub itch hasn't been scratched :(
    Last edited by ollipekka; 7th August 2019 at 18:27.

For me personally no strap beats it on its bracelet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ollipekka View Post

One of the very few watches that look much better on any other strap but the bracelet. I have considered selling mine because my sub itch hasn't been scratched :(
    I have to agree that strap is a great combination with the BB, I have a BB GMT on nato style strap and personally prefer it to either the bracelet or supplied leather strap

Quote Originally Posted by ollipekka View Post

You know the only thing that could scratch the itch for a sub is, don’t you?

Craftsman
    You know the only thing that could scratch the itch for a sub is, don’t you?
    I guess I have to wait out a bit and administer another shot of medicine 14060m as my funds allow it.

Craftsman
    The faux rivet bracelet is not everyone's cup of tea. In this case I don't drink tea at all.

Master
    I have tried my watch on NATO, leather & rubber straps (primarily because I usually wear these kind) - they all looked great.
    But I keep thinking I should put the bracelet back on, even though I never generally wear bracelets!
    I think the size & taper of the bracelet really match the watch style & the fake rivets don't really bother me.

Tudor Black Bay 58 - Alternatives?

I have tried my watch on NATO, leather & rubber straps (primarily because I usually wear these kind) - they all looked great.
    But I keep thinking I should put the bracelet back on, even though I never generally wear bracelets!
    I think the size & taper of the bracelet really match the watch style & the fake rivets don't really bother me.
    I think the rivets suit the look of the watch. It’s a vintage inspired watch after all. I like them.

Agreed. The rivets are fine and extremely subtle. Hardly noticeable in general wear.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Agreed. The rivets are fine and extremely subtle. Hardly noticeable in general wear.
    You only notice the rivets in photos online, on the wrist they are not really noticeable to anyone other than WIS.

I have GMT and BBN but could have a 58 just because it looks and wears so different to the BB range.

Journeyman
    I had to go and get my warranty card a few weeks back, the sales assistant commented in the 7 months since I got mine they'd only had 1 more come into stock. Still not trickling through very fast in my neck of the woods...

Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    I had to go and get my warranty card a few weeks back, the sales assistant commented in the 7 months since I got mine they'd only had 1 more come into stock. Still not trickling through very fast in my neck of the woods...
    Did you forget your warranty card or did they keep it back like they do for some Rolex?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    I had an update from an AD the other day - telling me that I was No.16 on their waiting list, that is apparently quite short!
    Glad I was lucky enough to get a BB58 a couple of weeks ago!

Master
    I had an update from an AD the other day - telling me that I was No.16 on their waiting list, that is apparently quite short!
    16 is short, howmany months does that equate to?
    I was told there were 6 in front of me.

Craftsman
    Fraser Hart in Colchester had 2 on the list for a BB58 and 2 on for a GMT as of last week.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All these shortages make it look like they are moving Tudor into the Rolex space whilst Rolex is shifted up market.

Journeyman
    Did you forget your warranty card or did they keep it back like they do for some Rolex?
    They held it back, even with me questioning if that was a thing for tudor. I think they thought I was just going to flip it.

Journeyman
    At the quoted rate from the salesman where I got mine, of about 1-2 every 6 months thats a lengthy wait.......

Journeyman
    While I was in there, I tried on the new tudor bronze on the leather which looks amazing, but directly swapping from the bb58 on the wrist to put the bronze on made it look way to big.
    Surprisingly (to me anyway) there was a decent sized list of takers for the P01, after the negative reaction to it at basel world I was genuinely shocked there was any demand at all.

Craftsman
    guys, anyone knows the price for a standalone bracelet? I got mine without it and Im considering to get it (just to have this option anyway..)

thanks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by vekslak View Post
    guys, anyone knows the price for a standalone bracelet? I got mine without it and Im considering to get it (just to have this option anyway..)

thanks ;)
    £600 from Rolex.

Craftsman
    great, thanks ;)