closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer F1 Advice

Tag Heuer F1 Advice

I have been offered virtually new Tag Heuer F1 with just under 50% off it’s RRP. I am thinking it could make an ideal beater for holiday etc.

Appreciate there is not much love for Tag’s on here but if anyone who owns one or has owned can maybe give me there thoughts on quality, reliability of the quartz movement etc.

I did have an aqua racer for a while so assume they are very similar and I found that to be very good quality.

https://www.chronext.co.uk/tag-heuer...2-ba0875/S4232
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 8th May 2019 at 19:00.

Master
    I’m wearing mine today funnily enough, (CAU116). It was my first ‘expensive’ watch about 5 maybe 6 years ago now, had 1 battery change in that time and it’s been faultless.
    They don’t seem to get much love but I like it! It’s solid enough, well built and the hands spin round really fast 🤪 what’s not to like!

Journeyman
    Mines well made fuss free and decent looking. People who aren’t into watches recognise the brand and it has a bit of kudos in that respect. It’s when you get into watches that you realise the brand is not respected by watch enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Great quality, comfortable bracelets. Lovely case and dial too. I've had one for years and it still runs well and keeps good time. Just be aware that the ETA quartz inside is worth about £30. To that end... Buy used or heavily discounted and they're great.

Master
    If you like the model and getting a hefty discount then go for it.

I had an f1 grand date quartz for a while. Quality felt excellent. I did only pay £300 for it used so it wasn't competing with the big boys but nevertheless 'twas impressive.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I use my tag F1 for holidays and the like. Tends to be my weekend beater if I'm messing about under cars etc.

As you say, not much love from certain areas but it's very well built and I've never had an issue with mine.

Craftsman
    I have a vintage (early 1990s) F1 Quartz and it still feels solid and of good quality.
    Jubilee style bracelet is very comfortable.

Craftsman
    I have a quartz Aquaracer Grande date that my wife bought me in 2011. I wore it right up until the end of 2017 when I got a Speedmaster ‘57 for my 60th. Only had one battery (£20 in my local jewellers) in that time and kept near perfect time. Has sat unused in my drawer since then. I also have a Seamaster now plus a G-Shock for work and a slimline dress watch so I'll probably never wear it again. I think it might be time to get it serviced/resealed/water tested, plus a fresh battery and pass it down to my son.

Journeyman
    As others have said quality on my 15yr old F1 has been great. There will always be other forum favourites at every price point but as long as you like the watch then go for it...

I have an F1 quartz from 1995 and it still works great, only had one movement change and a new pusher in all that time. Bracelet superb quality too. Great beater. Can't speak to modern pieces except handling in boutiques but still looked and felt good. As others have said, no kudos from WIS but even most of us would grudgingly admit that they are well-made pieces, even if the original Heuer brand has been diluted by decades of artificially high pricing and overpaid celebrity sponsorship.

At over 50% discount, sounds like fair value to me.

Mine must be 12 years old. The rubber bits (crown guard etc.) have all perished, and according to TAG, are not replaceable, but the rest of it is solid. Also the most comfortable bracelet I've ever had on a watch.