closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aluminium Windows in Wiltshire

Master

Aluminium Windows in Wiltshire

Hi All,

A bit of a long shot but does anyone have any recommendations of a window provider in the Swindon/Chippenham/Wiltshire area?

I am looking to get new windows and doors but there are hundreds of local companies and it seems impossible to figure out who is good and who is going to rip me off (plus I have just watched White Gold and it’s put me off a bit!!). It is an notorious business and all I want a good product/service at a reasonable price. I have had a look at Checkatrade and various other online review places but that seems hard to get to the truth of things and I never know if they are real or not. All a bit of a minefield really......

Any recommendations gratefully received!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Go on Fensa website (window governing body) and check for a Fensa registered company. They are vetted and will be able to self certify your Installation to make sure it's building regs compliant, also if there's an issue you have a direct line of complaint with Fensa.
    Last edited by Itizme; 1st April 2019 at 18:25.

Colonnade based in Royal Wootton Bassett are a great trustworthy bunch of blokes.
    Most people in the town use these guys. Couple of local lads set the business up a good few years ago now. I've used them in several houses, in laws, friends etc all used them.

http://www.colonnadeconservatories.co.uk/

White gold......brilliant btw!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    Go on Fensa website (window governing body) and check for a Fensa registered company. They are vetted and will be able to self certify your Installation to make sure it's building regs compliant, also if there's an issue you have a direct line of complaint with Fensa.
    Had a good look on there, doesn't really tell me that much other than they are a member. You are right though, wouldn't pick one that wasn't certified.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Colonnade based in Royal Wootton Bassett are a great trustworthy bunch of blokes.
    Most people in the town use these guys. Couple of local lads set the business up a good few years ago now. I've used them in several houses, in laws, friends etc all used them.

http://www.colonnadeconservatories.co.uk/

White gold......brilliant btw!!
    Sound good, thanks for the recommendation and they are just down the road from mw. I hope there service is better than their website, right old mess it is! I cant see if they do aluminium windows though so will give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers!

I've messaged him on FB and yes he does aluminium windows. Speak to Ade or Colin.
    Decent chaps who'll look after you.....no affiliation btw!!

Blog Entries
    Nothing to add other than good luck with your hunt…

However, this has to win the award for the most specific thread in the George and Dragon- i tip my hat

Teraccota figurines in Penzance anyone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I've messaged him on FB and yes he does aluminium windows. Speak to Ade or Colin.
    Decent chaps who'll look after you.....no affiliation btw!!
    Thanks, I will drop them a line tomorrow. Appreciate the help!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Nothing to add other than good luck with your hunt…

However, this has to win the award for the most specific thread in the George and Dragon- i tip my hat

Teraccota figurines in Penzance anyone?
    Didn’t think I would get a response but you never know your luck! Look how well it turned out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Didn’t think I would get a response but you never know your luck! Look how well it turned out!

The knowledge of the forum and the support is off the scale…!!!! Good innit?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    The knowledge of the forum and the support is off the scale…!!!! Good innit?
    Indeed it is

Master
    Father in law is Sales Dir for Alan Joy Windows.

Afraid I don’t know if they do aluminium, but they are a very well regarded business doing top quality work; we’ve used them twice, as have our friends - this was them travelling to Berkshire _ still competitive for us all.

They’re based in Semmington/Melksham

www.alanjoywindows.co.uk

Wife just checked & yes they do aluminium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They might be a bit fair away, but Salisbury Glass did our Aluminum Windows and because we didn't want White or Brown, they provided them with a Faux Walnut Finish. Not cheap, but they look great.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Afraid I don’t know if they do aluminium, but they are a very well regarded business doing top quality work; we’ve used them twice, as have our friends - this was them travelling to Berkshire _ still competitive for us all.

www.alanjoywindows.co.uk

I have heard of these guys, will check them out tomorrow. Thanks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    They might be a bit fair away, but Salisbury Glass did our Aluminum Windows and because we didn't want White or Brown, they provided them with a Faux Walnut Finish. Not cheap, but they look great.
    Might be too far but I will check the out tomorrow also. Thanks !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

www.alanjoywindows.co.uk

I didn’t realise but I actually already had an appointment booked today with these guys! Just met your father in law, seems like a nice guy and a good company. Let’s just hope their pricing stacks up! Thanks for the recommendation!

Master
    Another vote for Colonnade.....great guys, and good aftersales service (had an issue with a new composite door warping in direct sunlight). It was replaced in a matter of days. Keen prices too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    Another vote for Colonnade.....great guys, and good aftersales service (had an issue with a new composite door warping in direct sunlight). It was replaced in a matter of days. Keen prices too.
    Thanks, I have these guys coming over tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I didn’t realise but I actually already had an appointment booked today with these guys! Just met your father in law, seems like a nice guy and a good company. Let’s just hope their pricing stacks up! Thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah he’s a good bloke, hope the prices work for you.

I got aluminium ral7016 windows for my house, and even though the driver for selection was the large 6m sliding window, I got about a dozen quotes from all over the UK and even Poland.

Eventually went with slide and fold who are based down south but deliver anywhere. They were the cheapest by a good margin, for a like for like system (Smart if iirc) and they were helpful throughout and even when I had an issue with gaskets on one window.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app