• Sonic Titanium + Black interior

4 19.05%
  • Azure Blue + Black interior

5 23.81%
  • F Sport White + Red interior

5 23.81%
  • F Sport White + Black interior

2 9.52%

Thread: Lexus ES 300h F Sport colour and interior choices???

Lexus ES 300h F Sport colour and interior choices???

Well, it's that time again.
    3 years will have passed in May since I got my last company car so it's time to confirm a replacement.

Due to BIK considerations I have opted for a petrol hybrid in the form of a Lexus ES 300h F Sport.

So my colour choices have been whittled down to:-

Sonic Titanium with Rose Red leatherinterior https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure and https://www.fish-bros.co.uk/kia/used...id-7883872648/

or

Sonic Titanium with Black leather interior https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure

or

Azure Blue with Black leather interior https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/e...explore-colour and https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/04/...s-350-es-300h/

(I don't think blue with red interior is an option unless I want the Superman look!)

or

F Sport White with Rose Red leather interior https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure and https://www.inchcape.co.uk/cars/used...capeId=3399407

or

F Sport White with Black leather interior https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure https://www.inchcape.co.uk/cars/used...capeId=3393756

So....I'm on the fence.

Which combo is best?
    It's a company car but I don't think any of the combo's are too much for business use...do you?

I like the white/Red combo but is it trying too hard?

The blue is nice but I've been in a blue car for 3 years so.....but then again it's not the same blue?

The Sonic titanium is very nice but is it too....well boring? and even if not is it too much with the red interior?

Should I go for the most striking combo or keep it conservative (boring?)

I know it's my choice in the end and colours are a very personal thing but I would value your own opinions and if possible reasoning?

After all, I have to live with it for 3 years.

Thanks
    Neil.
    Last edited by Orange Peel; 1st April 2019 at 08:02.

Have you test driven one? I want to like Lexus, the build quality and engineering level is peerless but the CVT gearbox is just an abomination and a complete deal killer for me personally. If they put the 8 speed ZF gearbox in it I'd happily buy one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Have you test driven one? I want to like Lexus, the build quality and engineering level is peerless but the CVT gearbox is just an abomination and a complete deal killer for me personally. If they put the 8 speed ZF gearbox in it I'd happily buy one.
    We have a Toyota Auris hybrid that uses a CVT box. While the noise is annoying at high revs, I do like the way that it takes off as soon as you press the accelerator, no box lag at all.

Blog Entries
    My fav combo; dark metallic Grey with Red leather - looks class IMHO and lifts even a plain interior .

Add: my last and favourite car with that combo

Last edited by vagabond; 29th March 2019 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    My fav combo; dark metallic Grey with Red leather - looks class IMHO and lifts even a plain interior .

I voted for this combo as well

Master
    White with red for me.

It's not a nice grey - it's a soulless half-silver shade that doesn't work with the red in my opinion. BMW do grey and red much better - the grey is darker and the red is brighter. And the blue is similarly "meh".

Edit: the mercury grey on their configurator works better with the red I think. I'd maybe choose that over white.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Yes, my V8 GS430 is coming up to 65K miles which is where I change it, although there is nothing wrong with it, and I have had communication with the CEO of Toyota UK to no avail. I wanted an ES350 which is about right with a proper gearbox - even I can compromise to a 6 cylinder from a V8 in the spirit of CO2 reduction - but his replies give me no hope. There is a gaping hole in their range at this level. They will not bring the ES350 to the UK eventhough it is available in Europe and the US.

I don't like it having had six Lexus cars from new but I am being forced to consider the 3 pointed star E400 coupe (with a proper gearbox)

B

Hmmm, the votes seem to be in favour of the Sonic titanium with red interior.

That is the combo I have on order (perhaps should have mentioned that!) but I am having doubts and only have until the end of the month if I want to change it.

To be honest chaps I am not considering changing my choice of car and having test driven the ES twice I have no issues with the gearbox or lack of.
    It was a very nice drive and frankly nicer to drive than my current Mercedes C300h AMG Line.

I know there is a darker mercury grey option but it just seems to be another grey colour whereas the Sonic Titanium is a little different?
    All a matter of opinion of course and I appreciate all opinions, I mean I did ask didn't I?

I am sort of wavering between the white/red and Sonic/black as I am also not quiet sure about the red with the sonic?

Keep the opinions coming as I need knocking off the fence before the window of opportunity to change my order closes at the end of the month.

But please, the choice of car is not up for grabs as pure diesel will kill me on BIK and I simply don't like the other hybrid options, at least not those in budget.

Master
    I've voted white / red - because... why not. I expect you are going to have to spend a lot of time sat in the thing and an all black interior can get pretty boring after a while. I used to have a British racing green Peugeot 406 coupe with red interior which looked amazing and I'd love another red interior. My only misgiving is that dyed interiors seem to wear a bit quicker than black ones, just be careful when wearing riveted jeans or belts and give the leather some TLC every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    and give the leather some TLC every few months.
    Oh dear, that simply will never happen! A quick wipe over when I take it to be cleaned and perhaps the odd wipe over with a leather wet wipe thingy but otherwise...sadly not.

I'm not concerned about jeans dye transfer with the red but I wasn't aware that the colour could wear off?

My choice? White and red.

I do like something that is not safe and boring TBH and that combo is the most outlaw.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I do like something that is not safe and boring TBH and that combo is the most outlaw.
    It does look pretty stunning doesn't it?

White in of itself is not a daring or bold choice but put red leather into it and it becomes sporty and a bit oooh!

I suppose the Sonic Titanium with red was like edging your bets a little, a more business like conservative colour on the outside with a bit more pazaz on the inside?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

White = outlaw?

White is for:

Transits
    Fridges
    Pikeys
    District sales managers/auctioneers/recruiters with shiny suits, tan slip-ons and Armani watches.

Blog Entries
    ‘Sonic’ and red for me.

Furthermore: I agree with th comment re. the
    CVT box. Too noisy. Like a slipping clutch. That sensation doesn’t match with the outstanding look-and-feel of Lexus.

I’d personally go for blue with either a cream or red interior, don’t think cream is an option? So red

Blog Entries
    If i was forced to select this vehicle and i like Lexus i would go red with black

The gearbox would make this a non-starter for me, regardless of colour options.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    If i was forced to select this vehicle and i like Lexus i would go red with black
    You mean this https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Peel View Post
    Well red with black but IMO it is an ugly car but it’s not my bread.

Sonic and black leather for me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Any chance you can spec it with the Sonic Red from the RC? I had one in Sonic Red/ Dark Rose and it looked great especially in the sunshine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

White and red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UsefulG View Post
    Any chance you can spec it with the Sonic Red from the RC? I had one in Sonic Red/ Dark Rose and it looked great especially in the sunshine.

Seems not, the ES red is called 'Mesa Red' https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...223d/configure it looks very similar to 'Sonic Red' https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/...44cf/configure on the configurator but not exactly the same I think.

The Mesa Red would be a serious contender if they did a cream leather as an option but they don't on the F Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Well red with black but IMO it is an ugly car but it’s not my bread.
    Each to their own Mart, just like watches I suppose but I don't see how this car can ever be described as 'ugly' from any angle?
    Sure it may not be someone's cup of tea but it's far from ugly IMO.
    As I say, each to their own.

To be honest whilst I do like this car, my choice of car is mainly driven by the desire to drive something fairly premium whilst keeping my BIK % as low as possible.
    If all was equal with company car tax then I'd likely be awaiting the arrival of a diesel, either a VW Arteon or Audi A5 Sportback.
    Going for the Lexus saves me over £150 per month compared to fully diesel alternatives if I factor fully expensed fuel into the equation....no brainer mate

Sure there are other hybrids but other than BMW, Volvo & Audi I don't like any of them and the aforementioned are currently unrealistically priced and thus way over budget.
    Last edited by Orange Peel; 30th March 2019 at 11:02.

Craftsman
    Why not go for a quality German car rather than this fake quality rubbish ?

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    Recommended reading
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Each to their own Mart, just like watches I suppose but I don't see how this car can ever be described as 'ugly' from any angle?
    Sure it may not be someone's cup of tea but it's far from ugly IMO.
    As I say, each to their own.

To be honest whilst I do like this car, my choice of car is mainly driven by the desire to drive something fairly premium whilst keeping my BIK % as low as possible.
    If all was equal with company car tax then I'd likely be awaiting the arrival of a diesel, either a VW Arteon or Audi A5 Sportback.
    Going for the Lexus saves me over £150 per month compared to fully diesel alternatives if I factor fully expensed fuel into the equation....no brainer mate

Sure there are other hybrids but other than BMW, Volvo & Audi I don't like any of them and the aforementioned are currently unrealistically priced and thus way over budget.
    Just because it does not rock my boat is of no consequence to you as i said i reckon the red with black interior ( always liked black it looks cleaner) but whatever you decide on just enjoy and if you can save a few bob well then go for it.
    Happy motoring

I believe I have answered that question in my previous posts?
    Perhaps if you qualify your comment a little, bearing in mind I already drive Mercedes which is very German and if anything is of inferior build quality than the Lexus and I've driven both.
    Its all a matter of taste though.

I can't really say 'it's not about the choice of car, only the colour' in any other way or language.

I had six Lexus’s, not one of them missed a beat, I bought a BMW for a change, the first one spent 4 months in the dealer and had 14 attempts to fix various faults, eventually it went legal, they replaced the car and the replacement car also has faults the dealer can’t fix.

Please define quality German car.

Lexus have an infinitely better reliability record than any German brand, and I've not owned a Lexus and have had all German cars for the last 20 years, the level of engineering on Lexus is bordering on obsessive.

Least reliable German car I've owned was a brand new Porsche 997 2S

Master
    Oh dear, that simply will never happen! A quick wipe over when I take it to be cleaned and perhaps the odd wipe over with a leather wet wipe thingy but otherwise...sadly not.

I'm not concerned about jeans dye transfer with the red but I wasn't aware that the colour could wear off?
    Coloured leather seems to wear faster if, for example, you have a penchant for riveted jeans - I did with my Peugeot and it wore through the bolster in 6 months from new. However 1) I am plus sized so would always scrape the bolster with the rivets and 2) it was a Peugeot with all the quality that implies. I'm sure that the leather Lexus use is more robust than the tissue paper in my old pug.

Also I've had 2 Lexus which have given zero issues beyond normal service / wear items and waft(ed) me about in comfort. I've had an audi A6 which blew it's engine up after a month and was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat in.
    Last edited by julian2002; 1st April 2019 at 09:35.

Grand Master
    White looks OK on fridges, washing machines and brides........but never on cars. Can’t stand white cars, I’ve owned two and I’d never have another.

Dark metallic blue or dark metallic red is my colour of choice for cars.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    White looks OK on fridges, washing machines and brides........but never on cars. Can’t stand white cars, I’ve owned two and I’d never have another.

Dark metallic blue or dark metallic red is my colour of choice for cars.
    Just goes to show that we all have vastly different tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Just goes to show that we all have vastly different tastes
    I saw one in black today with the red interior....it didn't really do it for me.
    I then called in and saw one in F Sport (Pearlescent) white, with red interior and....wow! It really popped and it's so much more than just a flat white.

Sorry Paul but when have I ever taken your advice mate?

Then again I'm viewing a Sonic Titanium with red interior tomorrow so......

Saw and drove the Sonic Titanium today.
    Hasn't helped really as it also looked lovely.
    I’m genuinely torn between that and F Sport white, both with rose red interior.
    It seems I favour the one I’m looking at.... but I’ll never get to see both side by side so it’s decision time.
    Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggg

So I need to tell them today.

Is it Sonic Titanium/Red interior or F Sport White/red interior?

So I need to tell them today.

Is it Sonic Titanium/Red interior or F Sport White/red interior?
    so if I say get the Red one............................................wil l you?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    so if I say get the Red one............................................wil l you?
    No, it's between the Sonic Titanium and F Sport White.
    Both look great and work with the Rose red leather interior.

My only 'head' decision is regarding what is 'suitable' as a company car.
    The head says get the Sonic Titanium with black interior to play it safe.
    Heart says red interior although the head tries to have some influence with Sonic Titanium exterior.
    If the heart had its way completely it would likely go for F Sport White with red interior.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that I throw a curve ball and go for Azure Blue exterior with black interior (with red interior is a bit 'Superman' for me although it does look good.)

I have an extension over the weekend to decide.

Blue with red.

As an owner of a white car with red interior (that I adore) I do think titanium with red is a great combination

Still can't decide but they're bringing a white (black interior) to show me tomorrow.

Question, is the red interior a bit 'pimp my ride' for a company car?

Journeyman
    Still can't decide but they're bringing a white (black interior) to show me tomorrow.

Question, is the red interior a bit 'pimp my ride' for a company car?
    I think the adjective I used myself for the Sonic red / Rose interior was ‘pimping’ but all the clients who saw it loved the combination so I’d say go for it.

Aaaand the winner is.....for anyone still interested)........

Sonic Titanium with rose interior.

Was hoping it would be blue with a red interior

Nah, the blue is nice but was never a contender as it's too similar to my current car colour and I wanted a change.

I'm currently awaiting to see if I can swap over from the Sonic Titanium to the F Sport White with red interior as on reflection the Sonic looks a little dull in the usual dull UK light?
    Probably too late as mine is on a boat somewhere so unless they can swap with another dealer it's the Sonic titanium and that's that.

I can't even decide if I'm indecisive or not

Master
    I thought the white/red looked best, judging by the photos on the linked dealers’ sites.
    The silver wasn’t bad in all fairness, but the white just looked nicer.
    Fingers crossed you can change to the white F-Sport model.

I appreciate that this thread is probably dead but there was a delay in the car delivery so they offered to let me change the colour and gave me a free upgrade to the 'Takumi' pack which on top of what I already had gives me the larger 12" screen, HUD, power boot with foot gesture control, 360 deg area view camera and powered rear window sunblind.

So I went for F Sport White with dark rose leather interior