closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To go fluted or not, was the question?

Craftsman
    Fluted on the ladies watches IMO and non fluted on gents. All day long.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Glad the OP started this debate. On the verge of buying a DJ 41, just deciding on dials, the fluted bezel adds £1600 onto the price as its WG. So non fluted for me, however the fluted bezel would disguise scratches.

I like the dial below. But do the Roman numerals ‘glow’ ?

I would think seriously about fluted, I have the DD 41 WG with a fluted bezel and it looks stunning plus as somebody said it will disguise any scratches you may pick up. Agreed £1600 is not to be sneezed at but to me it makes the watch.

Master
    Plain bezel for me and 36mm. Prefer the Oyster Perpetual to the Datejust, not fond of the cyclops.

Craftsman
    This thread just goes to show, that no matter which you go for, the Datejust is a stunning watch.

A real all rounder

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    And that is why it has been the most successful model for many years; And you can actually buy one...although some versions mean a wait.
    The bulk of buyers have never even heard of a Daytona, and they don’t want an obvious ‘sports’ watch either, ( fortunately!).
    Rolex churn out some four hundred versions of the DJ, because it’s their breadwinner. That’s especially true among women. Who buy a lot of watches.
    Last edited by paskinner; 3rd April 2019 at 10:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    And that is why it has been the most successful model for many years; And you can actually buy one...although some versions mean a wait.
    The bulk of buyers have never even heard of a Daytona, and they don’t want an obvious ‘sports’ watch either.
    Rolex churn out some four hundred versions of the DJ, because it’s their breadwinner. That’s especially true among women. Who buy a lot of watches.
    Indeed the essence of Rolex. My first Rolex was a TT DJ with polar dial and Roman numerals. Loved it but thay was in my pre multi watch days and traded it against another.
    And fluted for me all the way.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk