closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Boeing 737 Max ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    Love the tweet from the FAA 'after the crew reported a pressurization issue.' Understatement of the year....

I was on a flight back from Miami to Portland (different type of plane) on Friday in seat 26A and missus in 26B - the seats where the door came off. Makes me shudder wondering what would have happened if someone (us) had been sitting there. I know the flight was fairly quiet, but it amazes me no one was in those seats - i know they are desirable seats due to the extra legroom, and every flight I have taken recently they have all been taken early on, however I've also noticed Alaska charging extra now to be seated there, so I wonder if that will continue.

Just checked my flight for tomorrow back to Florida - 737 Max - seat 17A (exit row ) Guess i'll have to wait and see what plane they swap us over to, given they've all been grounded. Better pack a sweater for the flight too...
    I don’t think the flight was quiet as there were 177 passengers on it.
    You may well still be on a Max tomorrow as it is only a specific variant that has been grounded. As an example all Ryan Airs are flying.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I don’t think the flight was quiet as there were 177 passengers on it.
    You may well still be on a Max tomorrow as it is only a specific variant that has been grounded. As an example all Ryan Airs are flying.
    And Alaska Airlines have put some back into service, according to Wiki...link.

There’s also the FAA extension that Boeing have asked for 737 Max, relating to operation of the engine anti-ice. Max 5 minutes operation in dry conditions, or it could overheat and cause a carbon fibre cover to break off with potential primary control damage and loss of control of the aircraft. The aircrew have to remember to operate in accordance with those conditions and they apparently are not happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    There’s also the FAA extension that Boeing have asked for 737 Max, relating to operation of the engine anti-ice. Max 5 minutes operation in dry conditions, or it could overheat and cause a carbon fibre cover to break off with potential primary control damage and loss of control of the aircraft. The aircrew have to remember to operate in accordance with those conditions and they apparently are not happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Boeing wants FAA to exempt MAX 7:

Little noticed, the Federal Aviation Administration in December published a Boeing request for an exemption from key safety standards on the 737 MAX 7 — the still-uncertified smallest member of Boeing’s newest jet family.

Since August, earlier models of the MAX currently flying passengers in the U.S. have had to limit use of the jet’s engine anti-ice system after Boeing discovered a defect in the system with potentially catastrophic consequences.

The flaw could cause the inlet at the front end of the pod surrounding the engine — known as a nacelle — to break and fall off.

In an August Airworthiness Directive, the FAA stated that debris from such a breakup could penetrate the fuselage, putting passengers seated at windows behind the wings in danger, and could damage the wing or tail of the plane, “which could result in loss of control of the airplane.”...

See also...Petition for Exemption.

[QUOTE=PickleB;6333442][B]
    Little noticed, the Federal Aviation Administration in December published a Boeing request for an exemption from key safety standards on the 737 MAX 7 — the still-uncertified smallest member of Boeing’s newest jet family.

How is that even possible ?
    I had no idea such a thing could be "requested" given it's an airliner with safety being the buzz word.

My Lord !!!

I have read somewhere (or seen a documentary) about the might Boeing putting profit before safety previously so why am I surprised (rolls eyes)

Remind me to stick with Airbus....

Master
    It gets worse- United Airlines has found at least 5 plug doors with loose bolts during the inspection of a Boeing 737 Max 9 plane

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1744...UjSfk3wNKk_-Zg

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    It gets worse- United Airlines has found at least 5 plug doors with loose bolts during the inspection of a Boeing 737 Max 9 plane

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1744...UjSfk3wNKk_-Zg
    See also the BBC for...United Airlines finds loose bolts:

Bolts in need of "additional tightening" have been found during inspections of Boeing 737 Max 9s, United Airlines has said.

Inspections began after a section of the fuselage fell from an Alaska Airlines plane of the same type on Friday.

United Airlines said "installation issues" relating to door plugs would be "remedied" before the aircraft type would return to service.

Some 171 planes of the same type remain grounded by the US regulator...

iPhone endorsement...Twitter link?

Matt always delivers.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Grand Master
    "When one door closes
    another one opens"

- Max Boeing
    RIAC

Ex-Boeing employees have warned against flying on 737 Max. Bolts missing...

• Former Boeing employees, including a senior manager, express reservations about flying on the 737 Max, citing safety concerns stemming from alleged production pressures and compromised quality control.

• Boeing's production practices face heightened scrutiny following the recent grounding of 171 Max 9 jets by the FAA after an incident involving Alaska Airlines. The Wall Street Journal reveals lapses in manufacturing, as the involved jet left the factory missing crucial bolts intended to secure the door plug to the fuselage.

• The culture at Boeing, centered on rapid production and financial priorities, comes under criticism from ex-employees who claim a focus on quantity over quality, contributing to a potential safety risk for passengers.

https://www.airlinerwatch.com/2024/0...st-flying.html

Boeing chief executive Dave Calhoun to leave:

Boeing's chief executive Dave Calhoun will leave the planemaker by the end of this year, the company has said.

Boeing also said that the boss of its commercial airlines division will retire immediately while its chairman will not stand for re-election...

No news on John Barnett?

Not often a whistleblower commits suicide.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No news on John Barnett?

Not often a whistleblower commits suicide.
    No, almost unheard of......
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.