closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lorenz Lemania & Watch Steward strap

Craftsman

Lorenz Lemania & Watch Steward strap

I don't know about you but a new (to me) watch doesn't feel truly mine until I've bought a new strap.

I've resisted the urge so far to buy an elasticated Marine Nationale style strap but thought this navy blue 20mm 'Watch Steward' strap would be ideal.
    Taking just under a week to arrive from the US to the UK and posted with a contents value if $5, it didn't attract any VAT.
    Well packaged with a tacky American flag sticker enclosed. I had to watch his website video showing how to fit it as it doesn't conform to the usual NATO/Zulu strap fitting. Once on, it's remarkably comfortable and partly because the watch caseback sits directly on the wrist there's no slop or movement.

Thanks to Dave (sweets) I'm loving this Lemania 5100 based watch. I popped the bezel off and spent some time buffing the crystal with polywatch the other evening and today took some photos in the sunshine while there is still a little snow on the ground.

Cheers Dave.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    That’s lovely. Totally agree about needing a new strap to go with a new watch!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Glad you are enjoying it, these are great little watches, and it matches that strap very well indeed.
    The crystal looks great too, I am glad it is getting the attention it deserves.
    But I also notice that your photos do show the one thing that is not exemplary on that watch, the rather haphazard application of the lume

Dave

Master
    Both the watch - and the Strap - look great.

I'll have to look at those.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Glad you are enjoying it, these are great little watches, and it matches that strap very well indeed.
    The crystal looks great too, I am glad it is getting the attention it deserves.
    But I also notice that your photos do show the one thing that is not exemplary on that watch, the rather haphazard application of the lume

Dave
    I guess that was the nagging element that helped your selling decision. I shall look at it as part of it's charm. Thinking of getting a steveostrap now also.

That looks a great watch strap combo. I bet it would look good on my blue face Seamaster.

Could you please post the eBay item number?

Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    That looks a great watch strap combo. I bet it would look good on my blue face Seamaster.

Could you please post the eBay item number?

Thanks.
    Hi. It may be on eBay but if you just search thewatchsteward (all one word) you can buy directly from his site.

I was sorely tempted to buy this from Dave as it's a lovely and pretty rare watch, which I've seen in the metal. Unfortunately the timing was all wrong for me, but that's life.

Enjoy your new acquisition Jason, I know I would. Oh and the strap looks cracking

Cheers,
    Gary

You can’t beat a L5100. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    I was lucky enough to try this on at the recent Bristol GTG and kept the photos on my phone, so when I was rather foolishly browsing Watchrecon and saw it, I couldn't resist.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the pointer on the strap.
    Have been tempted to order an Ericas strap. As they look so comfy. I am always put off by straps that sit between the case back and skin though. So the watchsteward looks to be spot on.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app

An alternative is this Eulit canvas and leather two piece strap, that I have on a similar 5100 watch.

It seems very well made and hard wearing, while having nice soft leather against your wrist and no bulky strap under the watch case. Just a suggestion (and not a lot of money).