closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Perlon/NATO care

Journeyman

Perlon/NATO care

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but a few searches didn’t yield much...

I have an orange perlon strap that I pair with a Bremont MB2. After 20 or so wears the perlon has really lost its shape and is looking quite dirty/worn.

Is there anything that can be done to wash/rejuvenate the strap or is it time to buy another one?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not much you can do about the wear, but if a NATO gets stinky, either handwash it and rinse well, hang dry from the buckle, or tie it in a sock and throw it through the washing machine with a load.

Journeyman
    Thanks, I’ll give that a go

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I usually wait until I have 2 or 3 NATO that have become a little grubby and then put them in one of those little string bags that come with washing machine tablets and throw them in with the laundry. After the wash I pull them back into shape and let them dry naturally. I've been wearing NATO straps for 30 years and this has always worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I usually wait until I have 2 or 3 NATO that have become a little grubby and then put them in one of those little string bags that come with washing machine tablets and throw them in with the laundry. After the wash I pull them back into shape and let them dry naturally. I've been wearing NATO straps for 30 years and this has always worked for me.

This. I also run a butane lighter flame over the surface of any frayed areas (strap hole areas etc). This seals any fraying very neatly.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Great idea, thanks, I'll give that a try.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    This. I also run a butane lighter flame over the surface of any frayed areas (strap hole areas etc). This seals any fraying very neatly.
    I'll give that a go (on one of my lesser quality ones in case I accidentally set fire to it!!)