closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch shops Edinburgh

Watch shops Edinburgh

I find myself in Edinburgh tomorrow, any info of watch browsing would be most appreciated. Not looking for anything in particular, just mooching.

TIA.

Master
    Hamilton and Inches on George Street and Laings on the corner of George and Frederick Streets. Chisholm Hunter on Princes Street so you can have a laugh at their pre-owned Rolex prices. There is also Duncanson and Edwards, a Pawnbroker on the end of Queen Street for a varied collection of pre-owned watches.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 29th November 2018 at 08:26.

Craftsman
    I would also recommend laings,great selection and very helpful.

Craftsman
    There is also a Fraser Hart on Princes Street and the staff there are really friendly and helpful. They've a good stock of Tudors and some used Rolexes I think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Chisholm Hunter is a good call. Blancpain AD, and Peroni if you look like a good prospect to them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Chisholm Hunter on Princes Street so you can have a laugh at their pre-owned Rolex prices.
    If you have a spare £18k they had a black ceramic Daytona in the window last Friday...

Incidentally OP I had a superb meal at this place last week:

https://www.lescargotblanc.co.uk/

It's just off Princes Street.
    "A man of little significance"

Hopefully the rain is off by tomorrow ...

I have nothing to add on watch shops (all included above). If you prefer a nice lunch on a budget, I can recommend Quattro Zero (Queensferry St) or Chez Jules (Hannover St), but c£7 for fixed menu.

P.S. Never eaten in L'escargot Blanc (looks nice), but highly rate its connected wine bar (Bar a Vin).

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Hopefully the rain is off by tomorrow ...

I have nothing to add on watch shops (all included above). If you prefer a nice lunch on a budget, I can recommend Quattro Zero (Queensferry St) or Chez Jules (Hannover St), but c£7 for fixed menu.

P.S. Never eaten in L'escargot Blanc (looks nice), but highly rate its connected wine bar (Bar a Vin).
    Thanks, all for the shop and eating recommendations.

I always try to go to Kebab Mahal at Nicholson Square for lunch, they do the best chicken Biriani I have had, and I think it's around 6 or 7 quid.

Craftsman
    As said, Hamilton & inches. Lovely building as well.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Thanks, all for the shop and eating recommendations.

I always try to go to Kebab Mahal at Nicholson Square for lunch, they do the best chicken Biriani I have had, and I think it's around 6 or 7 quid.
    Winner!! Mine was always a Lamb Madras from there, but it is, for sure, one of the best curries I've eaten! I've always wanted to try Mosque Kitchen across the square, but not made it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sweegie View Post
    Winner!! Mine was always a Lamb Madras from there, but it is, for sure, one of the best curries I've eaten! I've always wanted to try Mosque Kitchen across the square, but not made it yet.
    Me too, but the draw from Mahal is always way too powerful to overcome. A gem, and the nice thing is that it looks so unassuming from the outside. Super-friendly owner as well.

Craftsman
    Luckily all the shops mentioned are only a few minutes walk from each other as the weather forecast is awful again tomorrow!

If you head over North Bridge and head out of town, past the theatre and around 10 minutes walk on the left there's a pawnbroker on the corner of Nicolson and Richmond Streets. They often have a few pieces in the window, last time I passed they had a Milgauss for a very good price. Might be lucky..

Kebab Mahal takes me back to my student days! Glad to hear it’s still going

Craftsman
    Main shops covered in first reply. Just to say there is also a ROX in George St who are AD for Hublot.