closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G H Pressley closing down sale - Worthing

Craftsman

G H Pressley closing down sale - Worthing

Passed their shop today and they have good selection of Bremont and Longines with 30% off. It’s a closing down sale so they may be open to offers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame to see them closing but thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Shame to see them closing but thanks for sharing.
    My understanding is they’re closing one of their two Worthing shops and also retaining their Chichester shop, so not the end of the road for them just yet.

Foggy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    My understanding is they’re closing one of their two Worthing shops and also retaining their Chichester shop, so not the end of the road for them just yet.

Foggy
    Which of the two stores is it?

I noticed the Brighton jewellery store closed a few months ago too

Big shame, always had great service from pressleys. I bought my first rolex from them so will always have a soft spot for them. Great family business.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Which of the two stores is it?

I noticed the Brighton jewellery store closed a few months ago too
    Sadly the original shop.

Foggy

Bought my wife's engagement ring there and wedding rings. They announced a 50% off sale and people were queuing around the block to get in. No half price Rolexes though!

A couple of discounted used Rolex in the window today. Pepsi GMT reduced from £16,000 to £10,500 and I dare say £10k would get you it.

Plus 10-20% of various Tudors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    A couple of discounted used Rolex in the window today. Pepsi GMT reduced from £16,000 to £10,500 and I dare say £10k would get you it.

Plus 10-20% of various Tudors.
    I popped in there earlier and got chatting to a chap who’d just collected a new Skydweller about this particular watch, and also a (2014?) ceramic sub they had. The plots on the GMT had some dark marks on them you can’t quite see in the pic above - not an even patina. Looked to have been quite heavily polished over the years too.

Apparently they’re giving up the Rolex franchise completely rather than continuing it at the other shop which is a shame as I bought my BLNR from them. Also bye bye to third place (last time I asked) on their list for a Daytona. Can’t bring myself to endure the sleazy sales patter in the nearby WOS in Brighton..
    Last edited by gcleminson; 24th November 2018 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I popped in there earlier and got chatting to a chap who’d just collected a new Skydweller about this particular watch, and also a (2014?) ceramic sub they had. The plots on the GMT had some dark marks on them you can’t quite see in the pic above - not an even patina. Looked to have been quite heavily polished over the years too.

Apparently they’re giving up the Rolex franchise completely rather than continuing it at the other shop which is a shame as I bought my BLNR from them. Also bye bye to third place (last time I asked) on their list for a Daytona. Can’t bring myself to endure the sleazy sales patter in the nearby WOS in Brighton..
    The 2014 Sub was apparently unworn but up at just over £7k.

The GMT shows how much 'froth' there is in the pricing!

Master
    Anyone know if they've closed yet, and if there's anything actually left in stock?

Edit: tried phoning them but no answer
    Last edited by gcleminson; 21st December 2018 at 13:09.

I was in there last week with my sister who was buying jewellery, they said they were staying open till most of the stock had gone and that probably meant into the New Year with maybe some last ditch discounts then - but not on Rolex. I also inquired as to what would happen to all the Rolex dealer paraphernalia - apparently it all has to go back to Rolex but that was just the sales assistant's view.