closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what to do with one of those large Omega Moonwatch boxes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Think it’s a shame people sell the boxes, maybe I’m weird but I like to have the original box. I’ve seen someone selling the box as it “takes up too much space”. What the hell are they living in? You’re throwing away a lot of the value and originality IMO
    A flat? I keep my boxes at my parents, there just isn't enough room in the flats I've rented (as in stored away, not just sat next to the sofa) To the majority of owners, it is most likely fancy, but just a box. I have most of my boxes, but purely for resale purposes. For watches I've no intention of getting rid of, then i'd have no issue selling or binning them. They're just boxes that take up room and that I don't ever look at or even think about.

I'd love to find one of these boxes and do this. Omega are missing a trick here.

I certainly paid less than that but not much less to be fair.

Whilst it is expensive as I said, I felt like it was worth it as the box was just sitting there doing nothing but looking great. I justified it by putting it into context with the price of a speedy, an additional 10% to have a brilliantly useful Omega watchbox which shouldn’t wipe out any discount you got on your Speedy

I would say the quality is excellent and rivals any premium branded watch box like Rapport, Wolf etc.

But hey it’s a choice!

I’d be up for getting one if a few of us want to bulk buy and he gives us a better price.

It’s lovely but £300 is a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    ... It also fits perfectly but can be removed if you wish to put back in the old cardboard Omega insert if you wanted to move it on.
    Could you tell me how easy it was to remove the original insert? I had a look at mine last night but it seemed to be glued in. I just want to turn it into a usable box, but don’t wish to destroy the liner in the process. Before I use a bit of brute force I thought I’d ask someone who had already (successfully) done it.

Is that price for supplying your own box? Or do they supply it?

Master
    Any alternatives that can be used that fit well inside the Omega Moonwatch box?

Gotta be a cheaper option!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post

I can do you one of these for half the price

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Is that price for supplying your own box? Or do they supply it?
    No they only supply the tray. You need to supply the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post

I am sure there are but I couldn’t find any other suppliers of inserts that matched this quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeott View Post
    Could you tell me how easy it was to remove the original insert? I had a look at mine last night but it seemed to be glued in. I just want to turn it into a usable box, but don’t wish to destroy the liner in the process. Before I use a bit of brute force I thought I’d ask someone who had already (successfully) done it.
    The simple answer is very carefully if you don’t wish to tear the cardboard insert!

Bear in mind that the box is not fully lined and so when you have taken the insert out you will have a box where you can see the orangey coloured wood and any left pieces of glued cardboard. It isn’t pretty underneath the insert so you will want something to line the box.

I used a sharp chef’s knife to slide between the insert and the box edge. You need to be very careful with the back edge due to the cloth covering the hinge.

Then it is by taking your time slowing lifting up the insert by the sides. It is glued to the bottom so some force will be needed to get it out when you have lifted most of it up. With patience you can remove the whole liner without destroying it.

Also there is a thick cardboard base that the insert rests on but you just need to tear that out when the inset has been removed to allow the tray to fit in flush or not to have a large lump in the middle of the box

No they only supply the tray. You need to supply the box

So, you need to cut apart your own box, install the insert you've been sent, and this only costs £300?

Wow.

The simple answer is very carefully if you don’t wish to tear the cardboard
    Thanks for the detailed response, I’m glad I asked. I think I will have a go, but it sounds like something NOT to try after a sherbet!

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    So, you need to cut apart your own box, install the insert you've been sent, and this only costs £300?

Wow.
    Or you don’t cut your box at all, you just cut the glue and lift out the insert and replace with a bespoke made to measure matched quality item which is posted free of charge!

All depends on what angle you want to look at it.

We could equally say why spend 3k on a black and white watch which has an inaccurate movement, based on 50 year old technology which is also manual wind with a plastic crystal!

I’ll take the positive route, thanks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrando View Post
    I can do you one of these for half the price

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    After something a little more refined than your old Hi-Tec’s box mate!

Craftsman
    I asked about a discount if there were more people to buy them at the same time.

Yes we can get a better price if we produce in same time fews pieces:
    1-3 3000$
    4-6 2600$
    7-10 2500$
    11+ 2400$

Worlwide shipping include

Best regards

Pierre Yves

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    I asked about a discount if there were more people to buy them at the same time.

Yes we can get a better price if we produce in same time fews pieces:
    1-3 3000$
    4-6 2600$
    7-10 2500$
    11+ 2400$

Worlwide shipping include

Best regards

Pierre Yves
    Thank you for finding out.

Craftsman
    No worries. Is there any other suppliers that anyone knows of that might be able to do the same thing ?

I decided to pull out the liner on my box to turn it into…a box. One that I can use for Knick knacks and various clutter.
    I would say that removing it is a semi-permanent thing. I’m sure I could put it back, but it won’t look as good as it did originally. For me that doesn’t matter as it’s turned something which was in the loft into a useful box which is on the bedside table.
    Here are the various stages for anyone considering it. I followed the instructions given by the OP.

I found I had to grip the insert firmly to pull the base up.

This is what’s underneath

and this is everything that was removed (which I will keep)

Here is the box with the liner removed.

I decided to line it again with some fake suede we had

The finished job is not great, but it will do for me. It doesn’t look as good as the watch inserts the OP has but I didn’t want a watch box.

Glad the instructions helped. It looks good.

As I said with a bit of patience the original insert can be kept and refitted (not quite as securely) if required.

Here is my insert after removal