closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn U1 lume question

Sinn U1 lume question

I’m thinking about buying a used U1 and wondered if there were any downsides to buying an older one, specifically the lifespan of the lume, does it’s output diminish over time? Will I regret buying an older one in an a few years when the lume is barely noticeable? Thanks in advance.

Craftsman
    Ive had one until recently and the lume is actually underwhelming especially compared to a Seiko or a Tudor.. one of the disappointing elements of Sinn for me..and Damasko are even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lume is perfectly acceptable. It's not crazy like on a Seiko Monster but it's supposedly been formulated for longevity rather than brightness and it does last well.

Craftsman
    I agree with the lasting element its just not very bright

Craftsman
    But this is what I call lume!!

Lume in the U1 is nothing but adequate but it does last the through the night. (Like all Sinn)
    My gripe is that it is quite unevenly applied on the hands.
    That said it’s a great tool watch and I would not get rid of mine.

Craftsman
    From memory mine had quite an even lume but not very powerful.. but i wish id kept it.. like so many others ive flipped!!

Craftsman
    Like everyone else said, the lume is underwhelming on the U1. Not that bright and a bit blotchy. Plus on mine it didn't last that well. All that said, it won't degrade over time since it is some variety of luminova so will stay that same.

Interesting the lume on my Sinn 104 is really good - up there with Seiko and Omega.

Lume is poor on the U1, but enough to give you the chills when you see that sweet sweet face glowing slightly at dusk.

There's nothing, I say NOTHING like the U1. What other option do you have anyway?

Pick up the used one and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post

There's nothing, I say NOTHING like the U1. What other option do you have anyway?
    And that is absolutely true. If you want a U1, there is no lookalike to try out, there is no cheaper option, it is 100% its own thing and all the better for it in these days of little originality when seemingly every possible design has been played out before. The lume is a detail, but a relatively minor one, just get the thing.

Journeyman
    Like others have said, the lume isn't thatbright but does last. I have a 10 year old u1 and love it, can't think of a major downside.

On mine it's pretty decent :)

Ok, all camera tricks aside, it could be better and long lasting. I mean it's a dive watch after all. The kick is strong in the beginning but it goes to average in short amount of time. But other elements of the watch are pretty overkill.

Craftsman
    On mine (almost 4 years old) no problems at all with lume; bright and, not blotchy and lasting well enough (but not as a Seiko diver)

I had a U1T and the lume certainly wasnt up there with the brightest!!! It was also slightly unevenly applied . The lume was a disappointment for me if im honest

Thanks for the help everyone.