closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 25% off

Apprentice

Omega 25% off

I'm sniffing around for a good deal on a Speedmaster Moonwatch Omega Chronograph 44.25mm [311.30.44.51.01.002], which currently retails for £5,840. Although it's been very recently discontinued, there's plenty of stock availability in the UK so sourcing it shouldn't be a problem.

I thought I had found THE perfect deal with Ernest Jones, as they offered me £4,867 which I could have paid with gift cards (they do accept their own branded gift cards for Omega watches) from my employer, which would cost me £4,380 (I get a 10% rebate buying Ernest Jones branded gift cards).

Unfortunately this particular model is not available in any of their stores, and since it's discontinued they wouldn't be able to order it in.

I absolutely must get it from an authorised reseller, so was hoping anybody here could recommend one where I could get the price as close as possible to £4,380 (approximately 25% off the retail price of £5,840).

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Errrr. Hello. ‘Authorised Reseller’ seems an oxymoron.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 5th September 2018 at 12:38.

Hello.

20% is probably more realistic.

25% seems like a really big ask to me.

OT but Moonwatch? Why are omega calling this a moonwatch?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Because very few of the other chronos they make sell well so they sprinkled some of those with 'Moonwatch' branding. They have already backtracked on this as they finally realised all it does is dilute the appeal of the actual Moonwatch, which is their primary cash cow and halo product I would assume.

Master
    Er, ask Omega, who else would know?

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Because very few of the other chronos they make sell well so they sprinkled some of those with 'Moonwatch' branding. They have already backtracked on this as they finally realised all it does is dilute the appeal of the actual Moonwatch, which is their primary cash cow and halo product I would assume.
    The new version of this watch is now called "Speedmaster Racing" I think.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...racing/product

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    The new version of this watch is now called "Speedmaster Racing" I think.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...racing/product
    Exactly right. I'm looking for the previous model, recently discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Hello.
    20% is probably more realistic.
    That would probably sound good. But which tree should I bark at?
    Last edited by clrz; 5th September 2018 at 13:38.

Blog Entries
    This one still appears on the web page:

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...31130445101002

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Er, ask Omega, who else would know?
    Thanks for the helpful response. I hope you feel good about yourself now. I thought somebody on a dedicated watch enthusiast forum would maybe like to discuss the matter?

ENHANCING A LEGACY
    Inspired by its legendary predecessor, the Speedmaster Moonwatch Chronograph is set to establish its own reputation. It shares some core elements with the original Speedmaster Professional but has features that will attract new fans to the world’s favourite chronograph.

Master
    They don’t accept enployer vouchers / Discount cards on luxury watches anywhere.

I’ve got as far as actually being at the til and then being informed the preloaded enployer card excluded luxury watches.

Craftsman
    there is an Omega Boutique in Bluewaters. It is not an official boutique, its a franchise, when I have been in there (very nice people and ask to speak to the manager who is a really top bloke) they have suggested they can give discounts. Might be worth a go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    They don’t accept enployer vouchers / Discount cards on luxury watches anywhere.

I’ve got as far as actually being at the til and then being informed the preloaded enployer card excluded luxury watches.
    I've used them in Beaverbrooks, Goldsmiths and Leslie Davies in the past? On Rolex, Breitling and Omega... the last time was Jan 2017 so I guess it may have changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I've used them in Beaverbrooks, Goldsmiths and Leslie Davies in the past? On Rolex, Breitling and Omega... the last time was Jan 2017 so I guess it may have changed?
    Ivan Drago, you're right, nobody accepts them any more, but with one with one exception: Ernest Jones. Even though the other Signet franchises don't, they do. I took a look at their T&C and spoke with a shop manager to confirm.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    there is an Omega Boutique in Bluewaters. It is not an official boutique, its a franchise, when I have been in there (very nice people and ask to speak to the manager who is a really top bloke) they have suggested they can give discounts. Might be worth a go?
    Been there, but they could do 13% off at best

Craftsman
    Omega boutique in Bullring Birmingham accepted my Ernest Jones vouchers through employer scheme as they are part of the same group

Could try them? Maybe they would be able to get it?

Journeyman
    Honestly the traditional moonwatch is a sexier piece....but 25% off is tough to find more 15-20% is more realistic just got to catch the deal at the right time.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    ENHANCING A LEGACY
    Inspired by its legendary predecessor, the Speedmaster Moonwatch Chronograph is set to establish its own reputation. It shares some core elements with the original Speedmaster Professional but has features that will attract new fans to the world’s favourite chronograph.
    New features??!🧐

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
    New features??!類

The one in question is an auto and has a date window. It also uses an in house co-axial escapement movement movement instead of one bought in from someone else, all revolutionary concepts in the world of the Moonwatch but unfortunately said in house movement is mahoosive and leads to a big thick timepiece which feels IMO nowhere as nice on the wrist as the originals. The 33X3 auto Speedmasters wore well but not IMO these

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Omega boutique in Bullring Birmingham accepted my Ernest Jones vouchers through employer scheme as they are part of the same group
    Could try them? Maybe they would be able to get it?
    Boom! Exactly the sort of advice I was looking for. Thanks a lot mk2driver. How long ago did you make that purchase?

Master
    Thanks for the helpful response. I hope you feel good about yourself now. I thought somebody on a dedicated watch enthusiast forum would maybe like to discuss the matter?
    You’re welcome, I feel great thanks for asking. I thought somebody on a dedicated watch enthusiast forum would maybe know that only the manufacturer would know why they called what they did. The rest is speculation, but the most likely would be cashing in on the cache of the moon watch.

Pretty obviously really, or so I thought anyway

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by clrz View Post
    Boom! Exactly the sort of advice I was looking for. Thanks a lot mk2driver. How long ago did you make that purchase?
    March this year so 6 months ago

They were not however open to negotiation on the price before applying the vouchers so it may not be the best deal overall

Craftsman
    Who knows what Omega are thinking/doing? Do they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    You’re welcome, I feel great thanks for asking. I thought somebody on a dedicated watch enthusiast forum would maybe know that only the manufacturer would know why they called what they did. The rest is speculation, but the most likely would be cashing in on the cache of the moon watch.

Pretty obviously really, or so I thought anyway
    They have a cache of Moonwatches? Where is it buried? Somewhere in Switzerland presumably.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    March this year so 6 months ago
    They were not however open to negotiation on the price before applying the vouchers so it may not be the best deal overall
    OK they stopped doing that, but thanks anyway mk2driver

Does anybody know if Hour Passion (Swatch group boutique, selling Omega in airports) accepts any type of gift card?

Master
    Have you tried Fraser Hart (0208 546 0252) or Ernest Jones (0208 974 5250) in Kingston?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    They have a cache of Moonwatches? Where is it buried? Somewhere in Switzerland presumably.
    Yep! A top secret location deep in the mountains, it's where all the next millions of LEs are also hidden

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    [...]or Ernest Jones (0208 974 5250) in Kingston?
    Yes, Ernest Jones (and all other franchises in the group) don't have any in stock and for some reasons are unable to order it in.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Have you tried Fraser Hart (0208 546 0252) [...] in Kingston?
    I haven't - do you know if they accept gift cards?

Apprentice
    Sorry to open an oldish post, I even had to re-register as my original account clrz has been removed due to me forgetting to agree to the new forum policy . Nevertheless it's me, clrz (the OP of the thread), alive and kickin'.

I have not gone ahead with the purchase of the Speedmaster Moonwatch Omega Chronograph 44.25mm [311.30.44.51.01.002], and still sniffing around for a good deal.

Does anybody know if Black Friday will blow the wind of sale for these type of watches? Does the fact that it's been discontinued help at all?

Thanks!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    How long is a piece of string?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by clrz1 View Post
    Sorry to open an oldish post, I even had to re-register as my original account clrz has been removed due to me forgetting to agree to the new forum policy . Nevertheless it's me, clrz (the OP of the thread), alive and kickin'.

I have not gone ahead with the purchase of the Speedmaster Moonwatch Omega Chronograph 44.25mm [311.30.44.51.01.002], and still sniffing around for a good deal.

Does anybody know if Black Friday will blow the wind of sale for these type of watches? Does the fact that it's been discontinued help at all?

Thanks!
    Hi. This may or may not be of use to you...

I was in ernest jones in Gatwick last week looking at the speedy pro. Their standard price works out at 16.67% discount. However, they accept payment with ernest jones gift cards which many employers can supply with a discount, 10% in my case. Both these discounts lumped together come to 25% off RRP. Stock wise they had more Omega than I've seen in many high street shops and can get any model that's available within their group with 1 weeks notice. Some lovely Zeniths too.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    How long is a piece of string?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Twice the distance from the middle to the end.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcg View Post
    Hi. This may or may not be of use to you...

I was in ernest jones in Gatwick last week looking at the speedy pro. Their standard price works out at 16.67% discount. However, they accept payment with ernest jones gift cards which many employers can supply with a discount, 10% in my case. Both these discounts lumped together come to 25% off RRP. Stock wise they had more Omega than I've seen in many high street shops and can get any model that's available within their group with 1 weeks notice. Some lovely Zeniths too.

Cheers.
    Thanks gmcg, that is very useful indeed. However, unfortunately, neither Ernest Jones nor any of the Signet brands have this particular watch, as per my original OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by clrz1
    I thought I had found THE perfect deal with Ernest Jones, as they offered me £4,867 which I could have paid with gift cards (they do accept their own branded gift cards for Omega watches) from my employer, which would cost me £4,380 (I get a 10% rebate buying Ernest Jones branded gift cards).

Unfortunately this particular model is not available in any of their stores, and since it's discontinued they wouldn't be able to order it in.