closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Black bay 36

Craftsman

Black bay 36

Liked these for some time, what do you guys make of them?

I dont like BB's crowns with those funny rings in term of props the 42mm looks better IMHO

I picked one up from the forum a few months back. I absolutely love it , a definite keeper for me. Great size, a clear easy to read dial , very nice bracelet & case. What’s not to like? I could have lived without the spacer on the crown , but the large crown is fine imo. A great watch👍.

Cheers

I was very close to buying one of these. Tried them on numerous times. I like the design, issue I had was the 36mm always felt too small, like a woman's watch (I've had 36mm watches before but the BB36 just seemed to wear small). And the 41mm with its 50mm lug length always felt too big. Had they done a 38/39 I'd have pulled the trigger.

Craftsman
    I actually really like the crown spacer - think it’s very much a love hate thing

Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    Liked these for some time, what do you guys make of them?

I tried one on recently and really liked it. Nice bracelet and nice clean dial and cool snowflake hands. The crown I’m still undecided on personally. Quite a bit cheaper than a preowned 36mm Explorer though.

Sent from my iPhone

I bought mine at the start of this year. Classy looking thing that works just as well with a suit and tie as it does with jeans and a T, it also has one of the best bracelet and clasp combinations I've owned. No regrets what-so-ever.

Last edited by CardShark; 4th September 2018 at 23:45.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I bought mine at the start of this year. Classy looking thing that works just as well with a suit and tie as it does with jeans and a T, it also has one of the best bracelet and clasp combinations I've owned. No regrets what-so-ever.

so pretty that one

Definitely worth checking out the new blue dial version from Basel. It's nicer in the metal than the online renders

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchypirate View Post
    Definitely worth checking out the new blue dial version from Basel. It's nicer in the metal than the online renders
    It’s a beautiful dial in hand BUT in their infinite wisdom, Tudor fitted a black crown tube rather than match to the dial or fit a polished tube.
    Complete lack of attention to detail that ruins the blue version for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

You know, I never noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out.

You're right, it does look off. Agree that a steel crown tube would be much better!

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    It’s a beautiful dial in hand BUT in their infinite wisdom, Tudor fitted a black crown tube rather than match to the dial or fit a polished tube.
    Complete lack of attention to detail that ruins the blue version for me.

Craftsman
    I wonder how that made it past the design process - maybe it's cost cutting thing :/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    I wonder how that made it past the design process - maybe it's cost cutting thing :/
    Which would further exacerbate the issue given that I’ve just found an eight foot length of 0.25” diameter 316L tubing online for US$30.87. I’d estimate that’s enough for nearly 400 watches even allowing for 50% wastage. That’s 8 cents per watch...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Which would further exacerbate the issue given that I’ve just found an eight foot length of 0.25” diameter 316L tubing online for US$30.87. I’d estimate that’s enough for nearly 400 watches even allowing for 50% wastage. That’s 8 cents per watch...

I think it's more about how it fits into their production process, retooling can be incredibly expensive even if its just for a different colour

Craftsman
    Have one arriving to me tomorrow morning!

Master
    Wasn't there an issue with these tubes and corrosion? The tube is aluminium. Add salt water and I'm sure some BB owners reported corrosion. The new GMT has a steel tube.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Wasn't there an issue with these tubes and corrosion? The tube is aluminium. Add salt water and I'm sure some BB owners reported corrosion. The new GMT has a steel tube.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Haven’t encountered any issues with mine (BB Blue). It’s been in the sea water lots (as well as tons of pools) and apart from a few swirlies on the clasp (ironically from my desk) it still looks as good as new. Terrific quality watches from Tudor.

Craftsman

A very handsome, classic-looking watch, even if I'm not totally convinced by the crown tube on this model.

36mm is a great size also. I'm definitely gravitating more to 'smaller' cases - to me they seem to convey a little more elegance on wrist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    It would be perfect for my wife. Tudor brought out this size aimed at the female market. Lovely watch
    How dare you

Just cos Lady gaga loves it, jeez!

Joking aside, I'm loving the 36mm - runs very comfortably! 7 1/4 wrist here.