closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Range Rover and iphone connectivity

Craftsman

Range Rover and iphone connectivity

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of advice on connecting my daughter's iphone 8 to her new RR Evoque?
    The dealers seem to think it should work and it does in other cars but has intermittent problems with her car.
    Are their problems with the "InCar" app installed by RR as I understand CarPlay is not installed?
    I do not use an iphone myself but could there be a problem with it?
    Any thoughts or experiences would be gratefully appreciated.
    Maybe a trip to an Apple Store is required.

This is going to be a bit of a ball ache but.......what isn't working?
    Is the vehicle not connecting via Bluetooth or is it connecting but she still can't use the installed apps and some functions?

Craftsman
    I’ve got a jaguar but think it’s the same system as in the RR.
    I managed to connect my phone, but couldn’t get the contacts on the touch screen, have somehow managed to get my favorites installed.
    In my opinion the whole system sucks, Jaguar/LR have tried to reinvent the wheel and should simply have adopted Apple/android car play which works far better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for the responses.
    She tells me:
    iphone and car showing as connected/paired
    "connection failed" when trying to phone out and missed call showing on her phone whilst driving for incoming calls
    if connected via usb,if she goes to media on dashboard then it is not recognised on the usb;it will sometimes show on bluetooth but still cannot play music on bluetooth
    the bluetooth issue seems consistent
    her iphone os is apparently fully up to date
    the usb connection seems to be a problem as it needs plugging in several times on a journey to reconnect
    her only mediaplayer is itunes.
    Don't know if this assists the more savvy electronic types among you but any guidance is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    Thanks for the responses.
    She tells me:
    iphone and car showing as connected/paired
    "connection failed" when trying to phone out and missed call showing on her phone whilst driving for incoming calls
    if connected via usb,if she goes to media on dashboard then it is not recognised on the usb;it will sometimes show on bluetooth but still cannot play music on bluetooth
    the bluetooth issue seems consistent
    her iphone os is apparently fully up to date
    the usb connection seems to be a problem as it needs plugging in several times on a journey to reconnect
    her only mediaplayer is itunes.
    Don't know if this assists the more savvy electronic types among you but any guidance is greatly appreciated.t
    Thanks for reading.
    Firstly I'm almost certain unless thing have changed very recently you cant do either/or. You can connect via USB to play music but don't believe you can then take a call via Bluetooth!

My advice would be to start from scratch.
    Unpair Bluetooth from the car and forget the connection. Switch the phone off and then back on.
    Switch off the car- then switch back on.
    Reconnect Bluetooth via then normal route either car-phone OR phone-car.
    Once connected make sure you're not missing the message that says do you want to download contacts now. A lot of people miss this message and have issues.
    Once connected try and make a call or receive a call ensuring all works ok.
    Once the car is connected via USB I'm fairly certain you will lose the Bluetooth capability.
    Like I said that was always the case with early Evoques unless things have changed.

If you want to get more detailed issues I can look in to it further for you. I'm fairly certain the car and iPhone are compatible with each other. Saying that when we got issues like this it was generally an iPhone.
    Hope this helps
    FFF

Craftsman
    I can’t help as I have the older Evoque (the one where everything including the DPF works) but if you don’t get the answer on here, pop over and sign up on this forum - http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk - and I’m sure someone will help.

I can't comment on anything to do with the Evoque as I don't know the car. However, just check that on her iPhone in Settings | Do Not Disturb that the option 'Do Not Disturb While Driving' is set to 'Manually.'
    Last edited by Skier; 25th August 2018 at 11:40.

Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Many thanks to you all for your helpful replies.
    Thank you for taking an interest and helping out.
    Have a nice weekend.
    I am sure my daughter will be appreciative of your efforts.