closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 247 of 359 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,350 of 17913

Thread: More bike related stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merch131 View Post
    Got the new paintwork back last week for my much modified 78 Kawasaki Z650, now with a big bore 1170 engine. Started with a cut up frame and a damaged set of cases...
    Lovely looking bike. Had a Z650B1 in red back in the day and that captures the style perfectly.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    Lovely, can't beat an updated late '70's superbike!
    Yep - my sort of bike, had the 750 version in the early 80's, if revisiting now though then def agree sensible upgrades as above is the way to go to avoid "rose tinted glasses" effect.

Craftsman
    I've been invited on the 1 day tour at the Honda Adventure Centre in Taunton riding their Africa Twin's, it looks like a mixture of road and off road riding with tuition.
    It's in May so hopefully the weather will be a little better / dryer.
    Any one been on one of their days tours ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    I've been invited on the 1 day tour at the Honda Adventure Centre in Taunton riding their Africa Twin's, it looks like a mixture of road and off road riding with tuition.
    It's in May so hopefully the weather will be a little better / dryer.
    Any one been on one of their days tours ?
    Now that sounds fun

Reliability and light weight has a lot going for it. I hauled the heavyweight (1150GSA) about for 14 years before I came to my senses and sold it, with 225,000 miles on it. I had the R80GS after the R100RS and as it is only 170kgs is so much easier to live with. My 650 single X Country is even better at 158kgs fuelled - giving 350hp/tonne. It is great fun and just so easy to ride. The 80GS is now worth more than double what we paid for it! (pictures are too big for the forum - they won't load).

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    (pictures are too big for the forum - they won't load).
    You are doing it wrong. You need to host the photos on a third party site (imgur for example) and link them here.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    For the first time in about 15 years I have found myself without a road bike ready to head out as the better spring weather approaches.

So...looking to spend about £5K for some summer fun and my out and out sports bike days are now behind me, sold a Fireblade at the end of last year as I found the riding position had become uncomfortable after 20 minutes or so over the summer.

Been looking at more upright nakeds and viewed a 2008 Z1000, 2008 Tuono R and also a CB1000R although a decent one at £5K is unlikely. Ruled out the big muscle bikes, CB1300 and Suzuki 1400 and Yamaha version as too lardy.

Anything else I should be looking at for £5K ish?

I’ve got an XJR1300 and it is certainly a bit of a heavyweight.

On the plus side, it has slowed me down to almost legal speeds and is still quite fun.

I keep looking at early GPz1100s and Fazer1000s though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve got an XJR1300 and it is certainly a bit of a heavyweight.

On the plus side, it has slowed me down to almost legal speeds and is still quite fun.

I keep looking at early GPz1100s and Fazer1000s though.
    Yep - a but unfair to call them lardy, I have had 2 CB1300's and ridden my mates XJR, good bikes but want a size down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    For the first time in about 15 years I have found myself without a road bike ready to head out as the better spring weather approaches.

So...looking to spend about £5K for some summer fun and my out and out sports bike days are now behind me, sold a Fireblade at the end of last year as I found the riding position had become uncomfortable after 20 minutes or so over the summer.

Been looking at more upright nakeds and viewed a 2008 Z1000, 2008 Tuono R and also a CB1000R although a decent one at £5K is unlikely. Ruled out the big muscle bikes, CB1300 and Suzuki 1400 and Yamaha version as too lardy.

Anything else I should be looking at for £5K ish?
    should be able to get a tidy 11/12 plate speed triple for that price or an even newer street triple - fantastic engines in both and an upright seating position

* will also be able to get an mt 09 at that price
    Last edited by pugster; 31st March 2022 at 20:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    should be able to get a tidy 11/12 plate speed triple for that price or an even newer street triple - fantastic engines in both and an upright seating position

* will also be able to get an mt 09 at that price
    Good shout on the speed triple, will investigate

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    Yep - a but unfair to call them lardy, I have had 2 CB1300's and ridden my mates XJR, good bikes but want a size down!
    I know what you’re saying, I often think about something a little more flickable.

Testing Harley's today, and rather fancying a Street Bob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well I hope the weathers better than it is here

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Well I hope the weathers better than it is here
    It's lovely right now, with a rain-free forecast for the day (fingers crossed)!

Ready to go - I bloody love this bike. (The garden needs some money spent on it, though, which is being planned as we speak!)

Having test ridden the Breakout 114, Fat Bob 114, FatBoy 114, Street Bob 107 and bought the Road King Special, with the power of hindsight the Street Bob was the best of the lot and I suspect if I'd bought one I'd still have it.

If you wanted one, the ones just gone on SC was lovely

Master
    I’m considering selling my Triumph Rocket, please talk me out of it. It’s the previous model, done 500miles and it’s wrapped up in bubble wrap in storage.

Please talk me out of it..

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I’m considering selling my Triumph Rocket, please talk me out of it. It’s the previous model, done 500miles and it’s wrapped up in bubble wrap in storage.

Don't do it

(did that work?)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Don't do it

(did that work?)
    Thank you. Indebted to you.

Now, about my Road King ..

Thank you. Indebted to you.

Now, about my Road King ..
    Don't do that either!

Craftsman

Not going to talk you out of it.
    Sold mine last week.

Master
    Finally got to see a new Tiger 1200 this morning...

Looking forward to my upcoming test ride and hopefully confirming my pre-order.

Well, that's my Harley cherry well and truly popped. Had a play on a Sports Glide (sublime) and a Fat Bob (meh) with Howard this morning. It was all going very well, too, until we got hit by a snowstorm

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Had the best riding day of the year this past weekend, blatting around Suffolk and Essex with a good mate. Stopped through Finchingfield on the way home. Couldn’t have had a more enjoyable day’s riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A bike Mecca for sure!

Master
    Well, that's my Harley cherry well and truly popped. Had a play on a Sports Glide (sublime) and a Fat Bob (meh) with Howard this morning. It was all going very well, too, until we got hit by a snowstorm

Nice. I’m doing Route 66 this year on an Electra glide. Not sure I will enjoy driving a sideboard but my better half is looking forward to the armchair.

Master
    Don't do that either!
    Surely not the GSA?

Nice. I’m doing Route 66 this year on an Electra glide. Not sure I will enjoy driving a sideboard but my better half is looking forward to the armchair.
    Nice. Reminds me that I need a rewatch of Electra Glide In Blue!

I thought the Fat Bob was quite similar to, but not quite as good as, the R1200R I had at the time.

Surely not the GSA?
    No, keep the Citroen

I thought the Fat Bob was quite similar to, but not quite as good as, the R1200R I had at the time.
    Didn't do anything for me at all, Ian, although I absolutely loved the Sports Glide. Very weird getting back on the Tiger though - I literally struggled to find the rear brake lever for a few minutes (I could have sworn that someone had moved the bloody thing).

A sideboard it may be, but it will be fine in a straight line!

Route 66 on a Harley has got to be a bucket list event for most bikers. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    Stunning!

If you’re ever thinking of selling it…..
    Its not quite finished yet, and when it is, I like to ride them for at least a year or two before considering selling them. Got another 'Restomod' Z650 I'm building at the moment which I was given, along with a Z1000Mk2, which is getting the old engine (rebuilt) out of my turbo Z1400 drag bike, though without the turbo. Got a couple of other projects too to keep me busy.

Dont like the wheels and shocks on the Mk2 so they will be replaced..

Long term Guzzi project

The Free Z650, its already in bits..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    That is rather lovely. Depending where in Cheshire you are I'll keep an eye out for you.
    I'm near Warrington, but have to admit I'm a fair weather biker these days..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    Lovely, can't beat an updated late '70's superbike!
    Indeed, though their brakes and suspension can be lacking.. I tend to mod my projects rather than restore them to original condition.. except for a couple of old Ducatis I have.

Actually I have a mate with a GS1000S.. the blue and white one, which I could buy, but have no room at the moment, and not much time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Wish I had the skills to build a bike like that. Beautiful bike bud
    Oh, I have a lot of help.. one mate has a home machine shop and another is a bike mechanic.. I tend to do the easy stuff... final build, wiring etc.

Here is a short vid of some of my current projects, included the Z650/1170. Each bike has its own very long running build playlist on YT..

https://youtu.be/OuDfUyVwW_A

I thought this was going to be an April Fools......sadly not!

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Finally got to see a new Tiger 1200 this morning...
    GS beater! (arn`t they all until it`s time to hand over the wedge...)

Craftsman
    I know what you’re saying, I often think about something a little more flickable.
    Some of the Japanese tuning shops build amazing retro customs, with super lightweight wheels, Ohlins shocks etc.. Check Out 'Sanctuary RCM'..

The good news is that the older air cooled bikes are easy to upgrade with modern running gear, lighter bodywork, exhaust etc.. they wont be as light as a modern superbike, but losing 100lbs can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Merch131 View Post
    Indeed, though their brakes and suspension can be lacking.. I tend to mod my projects rather than restore them to original condition.. except for a couple of old Ducatis I have.

Actually I have a mate with a GS1000S.. the blue and white one, which I could buy, but have no room at the moment, and not much time.
    I had a GS1000S in red and white back in the early 80's. Always regret selling that bike
    I put Marzocchi's on the rear and tapered head race bearings to make it handle.
    With the front pads changed to sintered items it stopped ok.
    Loved that bike and often think about getting another

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Didn't do anything for me at all, Ian, although I absolutely loved the Sports Glide. Very weird getting back on the Tiger though - I literally struggled to find the rear brake lever for a few minutes (I could have sworn that someone had moved the bloody thing).
    I think if you did change for a sport glide, as soon as the Low Rider ST was available you would retreat it….

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    I think if you did change for a sport glide, as soon as the Low Rider ST was available you would retreat it….
    Yes, that’s likely to be a stonking bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post

GS beater! (arn`t they all until it`s time to hand over the wedge...)
    Yeah, some big talk from Triumph, and it will have to be good to be better than my current 1250GS.

On paper and on first impressions I reckon I can be convinced, but a decent test ride will confirm it one way or the other.

^^Report back please after test ride......

Master

Wirral Egg Run

Well today was a first I did the 40th year Wirral Egg run, which is a bike run from New Brighton on the top of the Wirral to Clatterbridge hospital. There are three charities
    Clare house kids hospice
    Blood bikes and Air ambulance

So I joined 3000 plus bikes for a 11 am start. After watching folk holding bikes at the rev limiter I realised it was time to wait a while!

I set off at appx 11:30 and was still stuck in a 6 wide bike log jam . You can only be over taken , under taken, boxed in so many times. So after about 3/4 mile of the 15 mile route I bailed! . It was so nice ride with a clear road ahead without quads and absolute nutters doing wheeleys!

Craftsman
    I feel your pain.
    Done a few things like that many years ago.

But it brings out the ‘knuckle draggers’ and I would rather not be riding anywhere near them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    I feel your pain.

But it brings out the ‘knuckle draggers’ and I would rather not be riding anywhere near them.
    Once experienced, never repeated!

Master
    A sideboard it may be, but it will be fine in a straight line!

Route 66 on a Harley has got to be a bucket list event for most bikers. Enjoy!
    Thanks.

Trying to get some weight off before the trip as I suspect the food there will kill me if I don’t get fit first.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    I feel your pain.

Nick , spot on . Today I saw three separate people wearing “ Predator”:helmets complete with dreds

https://www.bonanzamarket.co.uk/list...BoCcu0QAvD_BwE

Never in my life have I seen something so perfect for convincing 100% of the non biking public that we are a bunch of ideots !

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Never in my life have I seen something so perfect for convincing 100% of the non biking public that we are a bunch of ideots !
    I admire the irony in your deliberate spelling mistake !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    I admire the irony in your deliberate spelling mistake !
    Oops :)