closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 306 of 359 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 15,251 to 15,300 of 17921

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm sure I was reading something a while ago about a guy who went round the world on one. I don't think he ever hit 9k rpm, mind.
    Fred Tran Duc, on a Yam GT80 for the first one (the second was mainly on a 125 TDR)

PS: I am sure there are quite a few more people who did that.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    I'm sure I was reading something a while ago about a guy who went round the world on one. I don't think he ever hit 9k rpm, mind.
    In my younger days at RM all the ‘old’ guys had them - came to work then did their 2nd delivery on them - obviously us kids laughted at the C90

nice bike andy , i saw one of these up close yesterday when i was out and about, the fins stick out alot more than the photos suggest - a couple more inches and you have a light aircraft :)

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    In my younger days at RM all the ‘old’ guys had them - came to work then did their 2nd delivery on them - obviously us kids laughted at the C90
    You may laugh but without a doubt I've never been on a bike that garnered so much interest and got chatting to other bikers about.
    If I stop at a bikers cafe I can almost guarantee I'll be the only one one one of these beauties!! Mines 30 years old and starts first kick every time.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Used to deliver pizzas in Barnet on a C90. If I had a garage I’d have a C90/Grom/similar that for the occasional sunny day.

You might have been thinking about Ed March.

Not quite round the world, but nearly as daft.

https://c90adventures.co.uk/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    You don’t need mirrors at all when you overtake everything!
    What’s behind me, not important

https://youtu.be/AjGXn249Fc0

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    You might have been thinking about Ed March.

Not quite round the world, but nearly as daft.

https://c90adventures.co.uk/
    That’s the one, Ian.

Master
    I was out riding the Rutland TT route with a few mates yesterday .. it's a good ride in a neck of the woods I don't often go.
    Anyway, there was a photographer by the road who got a couple of shots ...

Perfect day for a bimble around the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Classic- and to think, that was a "big bike" when introduced!

They look so small, now!

...anybody do the DGR? Would be great to see some pics!

Master
    There was no 9k rpm for me🤪🤪 The pistons would be through the bottom of the tank😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Beautiful, Greg!

Where can you use 9000rpm on the road, Andy?
    I rarely use big revs in 1st, but 2nd to 4th I’ll be using most of the revs reasonably often when it’s safe to do so, if I’m in the mood for really making progress.

On track I’ll change up just before the rev limiter kicks in.

The demo bike I rode, had been run in but the dealer left the 9k limiter in place, I guess so they have a bike they can sell at some point. My ride was an hour. I must have hit the limiter about 30 times.

You’ve got used to riding twins / triples, that don’t use high revs. 9k is where most inline 4s start to get really going.
    Last edited by andy tims; 21st May 2023 at 20:09.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    ...anybody do the DGR? Would be great to see some pics!
    I took loads but tapatalk is the worst platform to upload with

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Beautiful, Greg!
    Thanks Tony, I really think that I have settled on a great pair for me.

The T120, the reliability of modern motorcycles, excellent ride, handling etc and perfect for farkles.

The CB750 for old school motorcycling, keeping as original as possible, plenty of spannering with the ‘delights’ of vintage motorcycles and their foibles, leaks, drips and splutters and that smell that only a carbureted engine can give you.

Totally different experiences from each other but equally as satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I took loads but tapatalk is the worst platform to upload with

Great pics! Particularly like that Kawasaki! Any pics of dapper gents riding them?
    I know Tapatalk is slow but what great shots!!

I seem to have acquired a ZZR1400......
    My mate owned it for 10 years, he`s not one for polishing and his bikes get used, they`re not garage queens.
    The Kwak could fairly be described as `cosmetically challenged` but nothing a thorough clean and a few litres of T-Cut won`t fix (which i may or may not do, matt-blacking all over is an option. A fully matt blacked and decal removal on a ZZR would look awesome!).
    Still, it retains all it`s legendary face-melting accceleration, 200BHP and warp-speed top-end despite it`s weathered appearance and at just 2K for all that performance i won`t complain about it not being shiny.
    It also has the most glorious sounding exhaust note of any multi i have ridden, the humungous original cans have been modified/shortened to give a not overtly loud - compared to some obnoxiously loud bikes out there - but a really deep thunderous tone which at a certain engine speed resonates to give a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts.

Master
    More bikes and dapper gents

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I seem to have acquired a ZZR1400......
    My mate owned it for 10 years, he`s not one for polishing and his bikes get used, they`re not garage queens.
    The Kwak could fairly be described as `cosmetically challenged` but nothing a thorough clean and a few litres of T-Cut won`t fix (which i may or may not do, matt-blacking all over is an option. A fully matt blacked and decal removal on a ZZR would look awesome!).
    Still, it retains all it`s legendary face-melting accceleration, 200BHP and warp-speed top-end despite it`s weathered appearance and at just 2K for all that performance i won`t complain about it not being shiny.
    It also has the most glorious sounding exhaust note of any multi i have ridden, the humungous original cans have been modified/shortened to give a not overtly loud - compared to some obnoxiously loud bikes out there - but a really deep thunderous tone which at a certain engine speed resonates to give a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts.

]
    A friend back in Lancashire had one of these for about 6/8 yrs. Utterly reliable despite being dynoed at 185 bhp at the back wheel. He had a Yoshimura can and Power commander. When following him at low speeds you could smell raw petrol from the over fuelling.

However “ on a private road” when he opened it up it was like witnessing a Playstation game, it just disappeared! . Legally over the mountain mile in the IOM during TT practice week it regularly recorded 185 / 190mph gps speeds.

So at 70 years of age he upgraded to a H2S! Eg the supercharger model. He loves big K’s

Enjoy the T cutting and more importantly the Warp Speed :)

Master
    Love the red Guzzi above , note the tin of “ tyre sealant” zip tied to the rear frame. The rider either has previous or is nervous of tubed tyres.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    So at 70 years of age he upgraded to a H2S! Eg the supercharger model. He loves big K’s
    My mate had a Z H2- he loves big Kwaks, too.
    He said the 14 `felt flat` after the Z!

For some reason he got rid of it though, for all it`s insane supercharged capabilities a naked bike with that level of performance is just not practicable and i think is flawed, really. And his girlfriend said that they are not designed for pillion comfort....

The bike he swapped to is just not him, i can see a H2 SX in the very near furure.....

Having a bit of a tidy up.

These battery tender things have been bolted to my wall but unused for years.

If anyone can make use of them, let me know

The wires have been extended to reach to the other side of the garage and these are the connectors

I haven't got the leads that connect to the battery though to connect to those plugs.

Having looked for the leads, it seems I also have an Optimate III, and a Carcoon branded one that looks to be identical to the optimate III, both with leads.

Anyway, all available in exchange for a contribution to the fundraiser

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone going to H tonight.

I will be on a big green Kawasaki and wearing a blue Triumph cap off the bike of course. 😁

Changed the ridiculous euro 5 exhaust for an Akropovic, the original weighs a tonne and looks hideous, remap booked next week, it runs fine but too many pops and bangs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    <snip> too many pops and bangs
    That'll be because you've taken off the thing that the manufacturer fits to stop the pops and bangs.

Put that back on and you'll save yourself the cost of a remap!

HTH

Gyp

That'll be because you've taken off the thing that the manufacturer fits to stop the pops and bangs.

HTH

Gyp
    It also destroys the low range torque, on the later bikes BMW have done away with it, it also isn’t on the earlier bikes, it was a bad decision for the Gen 2
    Last edited by adrianw; 24th May 2023 at 10:20.

most bikes run lean when decatted , hence the remapping.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    It’s actually running rich at the bottom, I’m pretty sure after eighth throttle they default to lambda one, I’ll find out on the dyno

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    Agreed , the KTM forum is full of fuelling questions and recommendations following de cat or mods to the airbox and or exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    It also destroys the low range torque, on the later bikes BMW have done away with it, it also isn’t on the earlier bikes, it was a bad decision for the Gen 2
    It that a Euro 5 vs Euro 4 emissions change?

Master

HTH

Gyp
    Not entirely. On my 1250GS with the official BMW Akrapovic end can fitted only, the bike has significantly more pops and bangs plus a fraction (and it is only a fraction) more HP and torque compared to standard. And the thing is still Euro5 compliant. It is a win-win imho and is as much dependent on a well designed muffler as it is on the cat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I've been spending a lot of time on R1250RS's recently as we now use them as blood bikes...

It's a great bike and it has me thinking an R1250R might be a great second bike to go with my Tiger.
    2 weeks later, I have investigated the R1250R and in the course of doing that I accidentally traded my Tiger for a new GS. Oops.

2 weeks later, I have investigated the R1250R and in the course of doing that I accidentally traded my Tiger for a new GS. Oops.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

To be honest as an all rounder the GS is so hard to beat. Despite having a few bikes, every time I get on the GS, I could maybe upgrade but never be without one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Well, I'm collecting it tomorrow, but this is it:

I've gone for a lowered bike with a standard seat (so 820-840mm seat height), which gives me everything I want - easy manageability with plenty of legroom. I'll not be taking it off road so the reduced suspension travel is not a problem for me.

A buddy of mine on his lowered GS Trophy in the Sahara. If I swapped my 1200 Rallye out its the only bike I'd change it for.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master

I've gone for a lowered bike with a standard seat (so 820-840mm seat height), which gives me everything I want - easy manageability with plenty of legroom. I'll not be taking it off road so the reduced suspension travel is not a problem for me.
    Great decision. After 3 x GS, I thought I would try the R. It lasted 4/5 months and got chopped in for my 4th GS. Can't beat them.

Lovely bike. Makes me feel a whole lot better, too, as you’re as bad as I am

Master
    Lovely bike. Makes me feel a whole lot better, too, as you’re as bad as I am
    Guilty as charged.

Looking good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Lady who works for me rides one of those, she bought it new a couple of months ago, she loves it, her husband has the GS, they both prefer the R

Master
    Good move… now you won’t have to acknowledge other riders with a nod or a wave anymore.🤪🤪

More bike related stuff

Why the hell did I read the initial review, why did I then ended up spending time watching all the YouTube reviews of the bike.

Just come back from a test ride and wow, I’ve never been on a bike with such sharp handling, superb suspension, unbelievable brakes, throttle is perfect and that quickshifter is amazing.

Seating position is great, yeah it’s not going to be a touring bike but for days out or a quick couple of hours riding out it won't be a problem, it actually was a much better riding position than I thought it would be.

The 2023 Triumph Street Triple RS is some bike…

Decision decisions…

Last edited by Martylaa; 25th May 2023 at 15:56.

More bike related stuff

New to me. Cant say Im not smitten!

Last edited by Go Big; 26th May 2023 at 13:01.

Well, new bike day is now scheduled for next Friday. Ironically, the dealership is directly opposite Watford General and I'm going straight from a consultation there to the bike collection. (I'll probably need cheering up!)

What you buying Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    What you buying Tony?

A T120 Black with an embarrassing number of options/upgrades and aftermarket extras. I'm going all in on it, as it'll be my last bike for years (possibly ever). In fact, I'd post a list but I fear that I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror again.

BTW, that Street Triple is a beautiful thing, but they were building on what was already a near-perfect weapon. You can't go wrong of you decide to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Why the hell did I read the initial review, why did I then ended up spending time watching all the YouTube reviews of the bike.

Just come back from a test ride and wow, I’ve never been on a bike with such sharp handling, superb suspension, unbelievable brakes, throttle is perfect and that quickshifter is amazing.

Seating position is great, yeah it’s not going to be a touring bike but for days out or a quick couple of hours riding out it won't be a problem, it actually was a much better riding position than I thought it would be.

The 2023 Triumph Street Triple RS is some bike…

Decision decisions…

You should be blown away by the Ohlins-shod model then! Brakes should be marginally better too (higher spec Brembo than the bog-standard Brembo calipers). Bog-standard Brembos are no better than many of the OEM calipers despite being ‘monobloc’.

Should be a very satisfying road bike !