closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 305 of 359 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,250 of 17923

Thread: More bike related stuff

New bike day

Stuck the Racefit end can on when I got home & the difference it makes is astounding. Loads more & much louder pops & bangs on the over run.

I'm absolutely over the moon with this bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    New bike day

Stuck the Racefit end can on when I got home & the difference it makes is astounding. Loads more & much louder pops & bangs on the over run.

That looks a whole lotta fun. Enjoy the running in , then they will release the top end and you will feel the shift cam. 90% of riders never experience the higher revs, Im sure there will soon be a track video with you doing just that :)

Master
    New bike day

Congrats Andy, I look forward to seeing/hearing it!

Craftsman
    Not too far from Barmouth (legal trails as always).

It was a challenge at the start with loose rocks and deep ruts, but worth it for the views.

New bike day

Exciting bike Andy, congratulations! I see you've also fitted the Roadlok

New bike day

I don't think I need to say "great bike, enjoy it"...or that I'm only slightly envious

Looks great Andy, have fun with it, I’m changing the whole system on my slow gen2 this weekend

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Exciting bike Andy, congratulations! I see you've also fitted the Roadlok
    Never mind that and the Racefit end can ... he's got a BvG Jizz Machine sticker already... there's your extra 10 HP!

Congratulations on a lovely looking bike...

It looks amazing Andy, I don’t think I could manage that much hp…….and be safe. Enjoy

Thanks all.

Started work early today so I could finish early and get a few more running in miles clicked off.

Lever positions fine tuned and I’ve played around with the settings a bit.

The bike has the supposedly maintenance free (in reality low maintenance) chain. I’m not sure if the wax on it was from the factory or the dealer applied it, but it’s disgustingly sticky.

I had to take the back wheel out and give it a proper clean including 2 goes with the steam cleaner plus clean the swing arm.

I’ve brought the wheel indoors and treated it with GTechniq C5 to hopefully make the next few cleans a lot easier.

I’m going to have to either change the bar end mirrors or add some extra heavy bar end weights to try and reduce the vibration. Above about 60mph, all I can see is a blur.

Overall thought, it’s just fantastic.

I’m out again tomorrow and Sunday. After that I should be able to go from just 7k rpm to 9k until the running in service is done.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Thanks all.

Started work early today so I could finish early and get a few more running in miles clicked off.

Lever positions fine tuned and I’ve played around with the settings a bit.

The bike has the supposedly maintenance free (in reality low maintenance) chain. I’m not sure if the wax on it was from the factory or the dealer applied it, but it’s disgustingly sticky.

I had to take the back wheel out and give it a proper clean including 2 goes with the steam cleaner plus clean the swing arm.

I’ve brought the wheel indoors and treated it with GTechniq C5 to hopefully make the next few cleans a lot easier.

I’m going to have to either change the bar end mirrors or add some extra heavy bar end weights to try and reduce the vibration. Above about 60mph, all I can see is a blur.

Overall thought, it’s just fantastic.

I’m out again tomorrow and Sunday. After that I should be able to go from just 7k rpm to 9k until the running in service is done.
    On my Gen 2 I have the Dave Austin bar end mirrors and Evotech weights, all vibration gone and I can see behind me with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    On my Gen 2 I have the Dave Austin bar end mirrors and Evotech weights, all vibration gone and I can see behind me with no problems.
    Thanks for the tip. Did you need longer bolts? If so where did you get them?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Very nice bike Andy!

I think vibrations in the mirrors will disappear when you ride that bike at the speeds it’s meant to be ridden.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Thanks for the tip. Did you need longer bolts? If so where did you get them?
    Dave Austin does a complete kit, including the long bolts and the spacer, he is on the S1000R M1000R Facebook group
    Last edited by adrianw; 19th May 2023 at 21:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    It looks amazing Andy, I don’t think I could manage that much hp…….and be safe. Enjoy
    I find my 130hp (ish) '98 Fireblade mind bogglingly fast at times ,so what these 200+hp bikes must be like Lord knows!

Anyway Andy, it looks stunning, enjoy 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I think vibrations in the mirrors will disappear when you ride that bike at the speeds it’s meant to be ridden.
    I expect everything in the mirrors will disappear when he rides that bike at the speeds it’s meant to be ridden!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I expect everything in the mirrors will disappear when he rides that bike at the speeds it’s meant to be ridden!
    You don’t need mirrors at all when you overtake everything!

Out for a sunny cruise this morning on the Fat Bob. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Don’t forget this Sundays annual Distinguished Gentleman's Ride, taking part in all cities and towns over the world. In aid of prostate cancer research and mens mental health. See you on the London ride

Has anyone tried one of those bolt-on Android Auto/Apple CarPlay things on a bike?

I use AA all the time in the car, and was impressed when I saw it was on the Africa Twin.

There seem to be loads of aftermarket ones for cars that plug in to the stereo and cigarette lighter, and I've noticed that there's now a waterproof one for bikes. From what I can see, there's just one version available with a 5" screen (same as the BMW Nav VI I'm using at the moment), but being badged and sold by a whole range of "brands" with prices from about £130 to £230 for what appears to be the same thing.

Just wondering if anyone had practical experience of one

Today's top biking tip!

If you go out for a fun solo ride, take your wallet with you.

Today's top biking tip!

If you go out for a fun solo ride, take your wallet with you.
    Don't you have at least one card on your phone? Or did you forget the phone, too?

Don't you have at least one card on your phone? Or did you forget the phone, too?
    Had phone but have never set up for payment.

Will do that tonight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Don’t forget this Sundays annual Distinguished Gentleman's Ride, taking part in all cities and towns over the world. In aid of prostate cancer research and mens mental health. See you on the London ride
    Neil didnt you get my PM
    Steve

Master
    Thanks all.

I thought the BMW Maintenance free chains had a DLC coating which meant you don't put anything on them??

Master
    Had phone but have never set up for payment.

Will do that tonight.
    Extremely handy- I very rarely carry a wallet now

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Extremely handy- I very rarely carry a wallet now
    Frustrated now to discover that everything I needed to do to enable payments on my phone could have been done when I was out and didn't need me to have my wallet.

Ah well

Frustrated now to discover that everything I needed to do to enable payments on my phone could have been done when I was out and didn't need me to have my wallet.

Ah well
    Really? On an iPhone you’d have to scan the cards as well as providing the security codes, from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Really? On an iPhone you’d have to scan the cards as well as providing the security codes, from memory.
    The cards were already linked to my Google account for payments, but not enabled for contactless on my phone. I just needed to provide the 3 digit security code and get a security text from my bank.

If it had been a new card I'd not used before I would have needed to have had the card.

Anyway, sun's shining. Best I get the bike out!

A few more running in miles clicked off yesterday

I'll be able to use 9k revs today vs 7k so far.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Stunning bike! Looks like it’s going to be a summer of fun. Enjoy.

Remember when I had my S1000RR. Was never sure if it was my mirrors shaking or my eyes blurring
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Where can you use 9000rpm on the road, Andy?

Where can you use 9000rpm on the road, Andy?
    It redlines at 14.500,

It redlines at 14.500,
    Fair enough, but any idea what speeds we'd be talking about working through the gears at 9000rpm?

Fair enough, but any idea what speeds we'd be talking about working through the gears at 9000rpm?

My Gen2 is about 160 at 9k but on a sit up and beg bike it’s a bit academic unless you tank it to prove a point, it’s all about in gear acceleration.

Craftsman
    To everyone out riding today...

Enjoy the weather and get home safely.

My Gen2 is about 160 at 9k but on a sit up and beg bike it’s a bit academic unless you tank it to prove a point, it’s all about in gear acceleration.
    That wasn't my question though. I'm just trying to understand how feasible it would be to ride Andy's bike on the road at 9000rpm... I guess on the motorway it might be, at whatever gear would keep you under the national speed limit, but other than that?

9/14th of each of these:
    All at redline 14,000RPM

1st 90 MPH
    2nd 112MPH
    3rd 134 MPH
    4th 153 MPH
    5th 169 MPH
    6th 185 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    9/14th of each of these:
    All at redline 14,000RPM

1st 90 MPH
    2nd 112MPH
    3rd 134 MPH
    4th 153 MPH
    5th 169 MPH
    6th 185 MPH
    Thanks, so...

1st - 58mph
    2nd - 72mph
    3rd - 86mph
    4th - 98mph
    5th - 109mph
    6th - 119mph

The point I was making, in fact.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 21st May 2023 at 09:57.

Thanks, so...

1st - 58mph
    2nd - 72mph
    3rd - 86mph
    4th - 98mph
    5th - 109mph
    6th - 119mph

The point I was making, in fact.
    I don’t understand your point Tony, other than it easily breaks every speed limit in every gear, in the week a few of us went for a blat to Finchingfield, me, an RSV Factory a fast Harley thing and a GSXR 750, on the road they were all pretty much of a much. If you rode any of them even close to what they are capable of you wouldn’t last long, the latest batch of 210+bhp bikes will only get used anywhere near their full capabilities on the track.

I don’t understand your point Tony, other than it easily breaks every speed limit in every gear, in the week a few of us went for a blat to Finchingfield, me, an RSV Factory a fast Harley thing and a GSXR 750, on the road they were all pretty much of a much. If you rode any of them even close to what they are capable of you wouldn’t last long, the latest batch of 210+bhp bikes will only get used anywhere near their full capabilities on the track.
    That's my point - i.e. how relevant is it in reality to have a 9k rev limit whilst running in.

That's my point - i.e. how relevant is it in reality to have a 9k rev limit whilst running in.
    If you don't you're not running it in properly and you won't get the same engine when you track it. At least that is the excuse I was always told to give

Looking forward to seeing your incoming Honda C90 Tony

Some of it may be marketing, mine has a plug (shorting link) you have to fit to get all of the toys, Andy’s is limited until the first service, and then activated by the dealer

If you don't you're not running it in properly and you won't get the same engine when you track it. At least that is the excuse I was always told to give
    The most important thing when running in is not to labour it, keep it buzzing, on race bikes we used to go up 1000 rpm every five laps,

Oh, I get that, Marc. Just musing on the subject given that I'm sitting somewhat sullenly at home having been unable to join the DGR as planned

Some of it may be marketing, mine has a plug (shorting link) you have to fit to get all of the toys, Andy’s is limited until the first service, and then activated by the dealer
    Yes, got you.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    LOLZ

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Very collectible now

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Very collectible now
    I'm sure I was reading something a while ago about a guy who went round the world on one. I don't think he ever hit 9k rpm, mind.