closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 244 of 359 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,200 of 17913

Thread: More bike related stuff

All the best Andy. Glad you're past the scary bit, now to focus on physio and countless rather unpleasant exercises but they will bring you back to your old self.
    Vouching for you :)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Pah, it’s barely a scratch Andy! Get your arse out of there and back onto a bike immediately!

AND STOP BEING A WIMP!!!

After the hospital food, you’ll be needing double breakfasts!

Ramble away.
    Glad it went well.

Brilliant news, great to hear it went as well as could be hoped. Here’s to a speedy and trouble free rehabilitation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Respect, Andy - you're a tough mofo! Speedy recovery, mate.
    Cheers Tony… the support and positive vibes from you guys really does lift the spirits and I’m sure every little bit helps, so a genuine thank you to you all👍👍

Wishing a quick recovery for you! And please no pics of the hospital food.

Master
    This ends the day nicely for me🏍🏍 Not that I needed any, but that there is all the incentive I need🤞👍

Yup that 52 plate Yaris is pure motivational PHWOAR!!!!

Glad going as smoothly as it can, take care.

Which bike were you on when you had the accident and do you know what state it`s in?
    GWS.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Which bike were you on when you had the accident and do you know what state it`s in?
    GWS.
    I was on the Speedmaster and because I never actually came off it needs minimal repair.
    Due to me not even seeing the bike post crash a mate went around to use my ramp for a small job on his bike and reported the following:- Broken footrest, broken gear lever and gear rod, and broken forward control mounting bar, probably less than £300 quid. Obviously I’ll give it a closer inspection when I get to see it for myself, but my mate is pretty handy so I doubt he’s missed anything.

This is the same bike that another mate got knocked off just before Xmas, so as it’s jinxed it’ll be traded for a new one some time later in the year😎

Great news Andy!
    Onwards and upwards….

Master
    Good to hear the op went well, Enoch. Hope the rehab goes well now.

Meanwhile I had a nice ride around the peaks this morning - although it was a bit chilly in places, especially up at the C&F. (Sorry for the crappy pic)...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Pah, it’s barely a scratch Andy! Get your arse out of there and back onto a bike immediately!

AND STOP BEING A WIMP!!!

After the hospital food, you’ll be needing double breakfasts!
    Spot on and I know no better man than Enoch for eating double breakfast’s. He even invented some heart jobbie earlier in the year as a result he had a prescription to eat double breakfasts:)

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Good to hear the op went well Andy. Are you in Royal Liverpool ? Wishing you a rapid post op recovery and I’m sure we’ll catch up round Wales very soon pal

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Cheers Stuart, I’m in Aintree👍😎

Great to hear the surgery went well Andy.
    All eyes on the prize now with that lovely new ride waiting at home for you.
    Don't be overdoing things.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Brian.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    So far so good, old knee joint (from 19 years ago) removed, broken pieces of bone removed and new knee joint welded in浪 not sure what the procedure is called but the new knee is extended in some way to replace the bone that had to come out. It’s a pretty big op for someone without haemophilia so you can imagine it’s a lot more tricky and the potential for it to go wrong is much increased.

I went down to theatre at 1pm yesterday and they brought me out from the anaesthetic at 6:30pm. The pain was immense and they immediately got me on special K and then morphine, which I’m self administrating today with one of those pumps that lets you get just enough to take the edge off, so I’m comfortable enough at the moment.

Speaking with the surgeon He said that the op went as well as it could do, and better than predicted to himself. He said there is no reason why I shouldn’t be as good as before and it’s up to me now to put the work in and get the best possible from the new joint

So that’s about it for now, I apologies up front for rambling on, but a combination of being terrified that I could lose the leg, relief that I didn’t, lots of emotions and drugs and being tired means you lot will have to put up with it浪浪

Haven't looked in on the thread for a while, so just found out about your accident. Glad your op has gone well, and hope things start improving as rapidly as possible now. Wholesalers of bacon and eggs have no doubt noticed a drop in sales. Take care mate.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Haven't looked in on the thread for a while, so just found out about your accident. Glad your op has gone well, and hope things start improving as rapidly as possible now. Wholesalers of bacon and eggs have no doubt noticed a drop in sales. Take care mate.
    Thanks Ian.
    Less than 48 hours after the op, I’ve just had the physioterrorists around, and with their help and encouragement I’ve taken my first steps on a Zima frame👍From the bed to a bedside chair and back again. The recovery begins😈😈

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That misquote always makes my teeth itch it should be "A journey of a thousand li, starts beneath one’s feet", it means you are still and then decide on your direction- in the literal sense the child has thought and decided I want to go up those stairs. Given being stuck in hospital is a still as you can get, I imagine some reflection happened, thinking life's too short and the direction is towards the Ducati... The first step is important as you have committed to that important decision i.e. your direction of travel.

Sorry for the itch. I must say that the misquote also works as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    That misquote always makes my teeth itch it should be "A journey of a thousand li, starts beneath one’s feet", it means you are still and then decide on your direction- in the literal sense the child has thought and decided I want to go up those stairs. Given being stuck in hospital is a still as you can get, I imagine some reflection happened, thinking life's too short and the direction is towards the Ducati... The first step is important as you have committed to that important decision i.e. your direction of travel.
    It also wasn't Confucius who wrote it!

Master
    Late to pick up on this. Sorry to hear of your accident Andy… hoping your recovery goes as well as it can do and you are back riding soon.

Master
    Cheers Stuart, I’m in Aintree
    Aintree is such a grim hospital.

I know you aren't local Enoch so if you need anything brought to you let me know I'm not far away.

Get well soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Aintree is such a grim hospital.

I know you aren't local Enoch so if you need anything brought to you let me know I'm not far away.

Get well soon.
    Very kind of you.. thanks👍 As for aintree it may be a bit grim on the outside there’s lots of building work going on, but I honestly cannot fault the care and the staff.. It really is second to non😎

Got a physio session soon and my sister is coming to visit this afternoon so all systems go🤞🤞

Anyone local to Abingdon with a GS911?

Due to a variety of circumstances (most of them crap) I only did 219 miles between MOT's last year.

This year I didn't think it was worth the expense of having the bike serviced along with the MOT due to the extremely low mileage covered, so I now have the irritating spanner symbol on the dashboard warning me that a service is overdue. Of course being a BMW you need a diagnostic tool to reset it and the most ubiquitous one seems to be the GS911.

However, I don't really relish paying £365 for one of these GS911's solely for a single reset of the service warning light, so I was wondering if anyone within a reasonable distance of Abingdon has one of these and could perform a reset for me?

My bike has the 10 pin round adapter so it requires one of those but a 16 pin one along with a 10 pin adapter cable would also work.

The going rate on ebay seems to be £25 for a reset which I'm happy to pay or alternatively I can put the same sum in either Eddies fundraiser or donate it to one of the forum's Ukrainian fundraisers, the choice is up to any good samaritan out there who can help - if indeed anyone can!

Master
    This is the same bike that another mate got knocked off just before Xmas, so as it’s jinxed it’ll be traded for a new one some time later in the year😎
    A friend died on a Ducati ST2 a few years ago, only after that did we find out it was the third fatal it had been involved in. His widow sent it to get crushed.

Master
    Glad the op went well Enoch - just the long physio journey now!
    Get well soon.

CONUNDRUM

So ... bikery peeps. A new year of joyous pootling about on two wheels looks likely, but do I trade the Ducati Monster 821 in and get a 1200 Monster, a Diavel, or do I try a 950 Multistrada (preowned). the problem with the Multi is that now having reached the grand old age of 62 I am not sure I can swing my hips out sideways far enough to get my leg over the pillion and luggage rack. I am about 5'9" and shrinking too.... eeesh! what do the the assembled masses opine?
    H
    Last edited by toezapper; 10th March 2022 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by toezapper View Post
    So ... bakery peeps. A new year of joyous pooling about on two wheels looks likely, but do I trade the Ducati Monster 821 in and get a 1200 Monster, a Diavel, or do I try a 950 Multistrada (preowned). the problem with the Multi is that now having reached the grand old age of 62 I am not sure I can swing my hips out sideways far enough to get my leg over the pillion and luggage rack. I am about 5'9" and shrinking too.... eeesh! what do the the assembled masses opine?
    H

Most would get on the bike before the pillion.....................................

Sorry.

So ... bakery peeps. A new year of joyous pooling about on two wheels looks likely, but do I trade the Ducati Monster 821 in and get a 1200 Monster, a Diavel, or do I try a 950 Multistrada (preowned). the problem with the Multi is that now having reached the grand old age of 62 I am not sure I can swing my hips out sideways far enough to get my leg over the pillion and luggage rack. I am about 5'9" and shrinking too.... eeesh! what do the the assembled masses opine?
    H
    I purchased a gen 1 diavel last year and I love it.

Very comfortable with a low seat, great handling and oodles of torque.

Reliability seems very good too from what I've read. It will be staying with me for a long time as I love the way it looks too

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Most would get on the bike before the pillion.....................................

Sorry.
    I like my bike but…..depends on the pillion

Sorely tempted by the Diavel, but my skills and the hairpin bends out here mean I'm better off with something a bit more nimble.

Hmm, perhaps, like watches, I need more than one...

Master
    H
    I have a 950 Multistrada. I love riding it but I must admit it feels tall when swinging a leg over. Feels taller than my GS actually, even though the numbers say the Multi is 840mm and the GS is 870mm...

However, once on board, the Multi is a very comfortable bike for my 60 old knees, hips and back.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Sorely tempted by the Diavel, but my skills and the hairpin bends out here mean I'm better off with something a bit more nimble.
    If you’ve never been on a Diavel you’d be surprised as to how nimble they actually are. I had the Mk1 and it was easily as quick on the twisty stuff round N Wales as most of the sports bikes and other nakeds. In fact, noticeably quicker coming out of the bends. Try one, you may be surprised.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Sorry.
    Hahaha ..... pillion seat... pillion seat gosh darn it

Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    I purchased a gen 1 diavel last year and I love it.

Very comfortable with a low seat, great handling and oodles of torque.

Reliability seems very good too from what I've read. It will be staying with me for a long time as I love the way it looks too

mmmm have to say I do like the Diavel and the gen 1 would be in my budget range.... tempting

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I have a 950 Multistrada. I love riding it but I must admit it feels tall when swinging a leg over. Feels taller than my GS actually, even though the numbers say the Multi is 840mm and the GS is 870mm...

However, once on board, the Multi is a very comfortable bike for my 60 old knees, hips and back.
    I did manage to climb on one and once on it was fine it was just the leg over bit because the back end is that much higher than the pilot's seat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    If you’ve never been on a Diavel you’d be surprised as to how nimble they actually are. I had the Mk1 and it was easily as quick on the twisty stuff round N Wales as most of the sports bikes and other nakeds. In fact, noticeably quicker coming out of the bends. Try one, you may be surprised.

Stuart

I think I might have to ask the lads at the shop about having a trundle on one

PSA for BMW bike owners with TFTs

Hope its ok to post this recommendation here - No affiliation with this guy whatsover but just a happy customer.

Found out it was possible to change the TFT screens on the BMWs (specifically I was after the screens that I used to have from the S1000RR and wanted them on my GSA (mainly for lean angle etc).

Anyway found this guy Ben on the forums who is based in Australia and as long as you have an E OBD cable (I got mine from Ebay for less than a tenner) he will connect to your laptop via teamviewer and then via the lead to the bike and re-program the TFT. Hes got many options for different things (heated grips, M Logos on startup etc ) - all listed here - https://www.bemrrwizard.com/shop

Anyway - took him about 10 mins from start to finish and now I have a nice sport dashboard on the TFT.

One question I did ask him - his changes could get overwritten if BMW update the TFT software so thats a risk but I thought for about £28 ($50 AUD) it was worth it if for the gadget factor and you can always ask him to add it again after.

If anyone is near Reading/Basingstoke you are welcome to borrow the lead (probs not worth posting there and back as they are pretty cheap anyway).

As I say, no affiliation just a happy customer.....
    Last edited by neilma; 11th March 2022 at 23:23.

Master
    Hi all,sorry to hear of your accident Enoch,having had 3 hip replacements i know a little of your pain.decided to drag this old beast out into the sunlight and give it a trundle around the villages.made in 1949 its a BSA C11 250cc in excellent mechanical order but unrestored hence has a great patina of use.power is good enough for B roads but although they are all they should be they brakes are pathetic by modern standards.every ride is an adventure on a 73 year old bike.i am gently restoring a 1961 AJS 650 twin.i will post a few pics of that when its finished.ride safe all,GM.

Stuart

After reading this it got me going, and I started looking at them. I have now been to M&S in Newcastle and thrown a leg over one... I now have asked them to keep an eye out for a Diavel Strada....eek!

- - - Updated - - -

Stuart

After reading this it got me going, and I started looking at them. I have now been to M&S in Newcastle and thrown a leg over one... I now have asked them to keep an eye out for a Diavel Strada....eek!

- - - Updated - - -

Stuart

I tested a Diavel 1260S a while back. Absolutely stunning bike, but rather a waste of time if you don't have access to decent roads to ride it on (hence not really an option for me right now).

Had a nice ride out around the Peak District this afternoon. Roads still salty though, so will have to give this a wash and dry before it goes back in the garage.

Just back from a weekend in Devon with some friends, was the longest trip for a long time. Great riding and so good to get some miles in.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Had a nice ride out around the Peak District this afternoon.
    Me too. Heading home from Stoke to Macclesfield I found myself going via Ashbourne, Wirksworth, Matlock, Baslow, Eyam, Bradwell, Winnats Pass, Chapel & Whaley.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Me too. Heading home from Stoke to Macclesfield I found myself going via Ashbourne, Wirksworth, Matlock, Baslow, Eyam, Bradwell, Winnats Pass, Chapel & Whaley.
    Nice route. If you ride through Baslow that way, you will have gone straight past my house!

Master
    Anyone here ridden the roads in Albania, North Macedonia, and northern Greece towards Thessaloniki?
    I am mapping out the roads down there for a trip later this year, and wondering if any of you have any tips/recommendations. We are happy to do on and off-road over distance - the only conditions are no motorways, and somewhere between 200-300 miles a day.
    Cheers -

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I tested a Diavel 1260S a while back. Absolutely stunning bike, but rather a waste of time if you don't have access to decent roads to ride it on (hence not really an option for me right now).
    Mine is kept in London and its a very comfy commuter.

They also have a 100hp setting in case the full 162hp is a bit much.

Definitely a bike that doesn't just need decent roads to enjoy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    Hi all,sorry to hear of your accident Enoch,having had 3 hip replacements i know a little of your pain.decided to drag this old beast out into the sunlight and give it a trundle around the villages.made in 1949 its a BSA C11 250cc in excellent mechanical order but unrestored hence has a great patina of use.power is good enough for B roads but although they are all they should be they brakes are pathetic by modern standards.every ride is an adventure on a 73 year old bike.i am gently restoring a 1961 AJS 650 twin.i will post a few pics of that when its finished.ride safe all,GM.
    I had a 61 C15 (SS80) every return ride was a bonus. It never failed to provide me with a job following a ride. One time I returned home with no rear reflector, lens bulb etc. Another ride I thought it sounded a bit “ sharper” , it had blown a 5 pence sized hole through the bottom of the exhaust. Lastly following a run it returned home having shaken the rust of the inside of the tank to produce a leaking fuel tank.

Happy days! Posted before,here it is running ( and vibrating like a jackhammer)

https://youtu.be/bvoxb2MW_9s

Steve
    Last edited by higham5; 14th March 2022 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Due to a variety of circumstances (most of them crap) I only did 219 miles between MOT's last year.

This year I didn't think it was worth the expense of having the bike serviced along with the MOT due to the extremely low mileage covered, so I now have the irritating spanner symbol on the dashboard warning me that a service is overdue. Of course being a BMW you need a diagnostic tool to reset it and the most ubiquitous one seems to be the GS911.

However, I don't really relish paying £365 for one of these GS911's solely for a single reset of the service warning light, so I was wondering if anyone within a reasonable distance of Abingdon has one of these and could perform a reset for me?

My bike has the 10 pin round adapter so it requires one of those but a 16 pin one along with a 10 pin adapter cable would also work.

The going rate on ebay seems to be £25 for a reset which I'm happy to pay or alternatively I can put the same sum in either Eddies fundraiser or donate it to one of the forum's Ukrainian fundraisers, the choice is up to any good samaritan out there who can help - if indeed anyone can!

The hobbyist GS911 units are limited to 10 VINs for service reset and coding alarms, TPM etc.

I'm currently on 6/10 , and plan on further BMW in future - it's unlikely that a casual acquaintance would be up for giving away one VIN ?

Low VIN counts units usually sell for around £200.

Many members here are also on the UK GSer forum, where they frequently come up for sale.
    Last edited by W124; 14th March 2022 at 09:46.