closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 300 of 359 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 15,000 of 17913

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Was Billy no mates today.. started off with a breakfast at Sams cafe.. then headed over the mountains.

Had a great experience when I came across a little lamb that had got himself on the wrong side of the fence. I was sure the bike would frighten him and he’d run away, but no, I switched off the engine and he ran to me, I petted him for a few seconds and then picked him up and popped him back over the fence to his mum..👍👍😎

Lovely day for a test rideWell the M1000R was bloody awesome. The demo bike had been run in but they left the 9k rpm limiter in place, but even up to that, it had useful extra grunt. The brakes are even better (master cylinder) than those on the S1000R and with the wider, flat bars plus the forged ally wheels turn in is a bit crisper. On the minus side the bar end mirrors are terrible at speed on anything other than completely smooth tarmac and due to the new emission regs the pops and bangs on overrun that my bike does are largely absent. I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, but I’ve done a deal in principle that I can confirm or back out of by close of business Monday. The new bike would be available early May. I’m going white and taking all the carbon bits, crash protection, belly pan, QR fuel cap, Racefit end can etc off my bike & swapping them on to the M.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

That thing is fooking mental!

I'd have to remove the aero, at the speeds those take effect - your arms will have been ripped from the sockets.

Think I'd go for standard wheels and get a set of Carbon Fibres for that bike - I think it is a bike just begging for CF wheels

Good luck with the decision-making.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Was Billy no mates today.. started off with a breakfast at Sams cafe.. then headed over the mountains.

Had a great experience when I came across a little lamb that had got himself on the wrong side of the fence. I was sure the bike would frighten him and he’d run away, but no, I switched off the engine and he ran to me, I petted him for a few seconds and then picked him up and popped him back over the fence to his mum..

]
    Missed you ! I was there with the missus at 11:45 as we were cycling in the Vale of Clwyd. AJ’s was busy with new bike deliveries and they seem to have redecorated too :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That thing is fooking mental!

I'd have to remove the aero, at the speeds those take effect - your arms will have been ripped from the sockets.

Think I'd go for standard wheels and get a set of Carbon Fibres for that bike - I think it is a bike just begging for CF wheels

Good luck with the decision-making.
    He cant remove the aero , where else is he going to store his ties :) :)

Stunning bike though, I can see why you fancy one
    Last edited by higham5; 15th April 2023 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Lovely day for a test rideWell the M1000R was bloody awesome. The demo bike had been run in but they left the 9k rpm limiter in place, but even up to that, it had useful extra grunt. The brakes are even better (master cylinder) than those on the S1000R and with the wider, flat bars plus the forged ally wheels turn in is a bit crisper. On the minus side the bar end mirrors are terrible at speed on anything other than completely smooth tarmac and due to the new emission regs the pops and bangs on overrun that my bike does are largely absent. I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, but I’ve done a deal in principle that I can confirm or back out of by close of business Monday. The new bike would be available early May. I’m going white and taking all the carbon bits, crash protection, belly pan, QR fuel cap, Racefit end can etc off my bike & swapping them on to the M.
    Is it that much of a step up? I have read other than it’s bonkers fast unless you’re going to do track days stay with the Gen2/3

Lovely day for a test ride.
    Well the M1000R was bloody awesome. The demo bike had been run in but they left the 9k rpm limiter in place, but even up to that, it had useful extra grunt. The brakes are even better (master cylinder) than those on the S1000R and with the wider, flat bars plus the forged ally wheels turn in is a bit crisper. On the minus side the bar end mirrors are terrible at speed on anything other than completely smooth tarmac and due to the new emission regs the pops and bangs on overrun that my bike does are largely absent. I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, but I’ve done a deal in principle that I can confirm or back out of by close of business Monday. The new bike would be available early May. I’m going white and taking all the carbon bits, crash protection, belly pan, QR fuel cap, Racefit end can etc off my bike & swapping them on to the M.
    Lucky bugger
    I'm not sure about the 'wings', but otherwise it looks great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I might have fallen in love...

Very nice paint on that edition. I was looking at a lightly used one in Sheffield last week. On a similar note my mate just ordered this:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Very nice paint on that edition. I was looking at a lightly used one in Sheffield last week. On a similar note my mate just ordered this:

Is that grey one at A&D? If so I looked at it this morning and its a stunning colour. I dont like the V100 in white as it reminds me of the 80’s Honda cx650 turbo or obrut as they were decaled.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Is that grey one at A&D? If so I looked at it this morning and its a stunning colour. I dont like the V100 in white as it reminds me of the 80’s Honda cx650 turbo or obrut as they were decaled.
    It's that very bike. I think he's collecting it on Tuesday. I agree about the white - it looks ropey. The grey/black is nice, as is the green/silver. I'll be interested to see how he gets on with it over time.

I went to the dealership to look at the V100 Mandello, and found the seat locked me in one position and there wasn't enough seat to peg room for me to get comfortable. And the stainless exhaust on the demo was already in a horrid state.

I then jumped on the V85TT just to see how it compared and it fitted perfectly.

Not ridden one yet though.

Master
    I went to the dealership to look at the V100 Mandello, and found the seat locked me in one position and there wasn't enough seat to peg room for me to get comfortable. And the stainless exhaust on the demo was already in a horrid state.

I then jumped on the V85TT just to see how it compared and it fitted perfectly.

Not ridden one yet though.
    I think there's no doubt the V85TT is a more comfortable ride for the more mature gentleman - which is why I have one. Ideally though, I'd like a V100 engine in mine.

Master
    Witnessed a horrible accident today… biker had no chance. It was actually a Harley trike (with passenger).. neither wearing a helmet, which I always found to be a strange rule.
    50mph single carriageway, stationary car pulled in slightly to the side … decided to initiate a U-turn just as the trike got to within a distance it would be impossible to stop.

I’d just passed the stationary car and the trike whilst travelling in the opposite direction, and glanced in my rear view mirror just as it all unfolded. Pillion flew over the top of the rider and hit the ground/car hard. Trike was totalled as it hit the drivers door.

I stayed until the Ambulance arrived and to give my details as a witness… pillion was stable, but I’m sure she’d have fared much better with a helmet.

Actually thought I’d be getting out the car to a fatality to be honest. Especially as there was a massive amount of red liquid all over the car and ground… which thankfully I could see when I got closer was just coolant from the trike.
    Last edited by gorrie; 16th April 2023 at 09:38.

Master
    Andy,
    Epic choice. Paul just mentioned he wants to return to do the Ring properly. I said, “let me know when you want to go”! You should bring the new beast. And this time, we’ll order double digit temps and some sunshine please!

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Is it that much of a step up? I have read other than it’s bonkers fast unless you’re going to do track days stay with the Gen2/3
    I’m saying yes, but then you make these decisions with your heart not your head.

Can I use all of the performance of my S1000R on the road? Rarely.

Will I use all the performance of the M1000R on the road? Even less often, but every once in a while will be enough and I will do the odd track day.

The last time I got off a bike after a test ride an felt that “I absolutely must have it” emotion was when I tested the Gen 3 RR and I kept my RR for 5 years.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I’m saying yes, but then you make these decisions with your heart not your head.

Can I use all of the performance of my S1000R on the road? Rarely.

Will I use all the performance of the M1000R on the road? Even less often, but every once in a while will be enough and I will do the odd track day.

The last time I got off a bike after a test ride an felt that “I absolutely must have it” emotion was when I tested the Gen 3 RR and I kept my RR for 5 years.
    I take it from a purely practical sense, the wings can be unbolted and stored in the loft between trips to the 'ring?

I think there's no doubt the V85TT is a more comfortable ride for the more mature gentleman - which is why I have one. Ideally though, I'd like a V100 engine in mine.
    I'll have to try one, as on the face of it the bike could arguably replace both of my bikes (ok, maybe 2 of my 3).

It would be quite disappointing though if I bought one then Guzzi turned up at the shows this year with a V100TT, with the Mandello's electronics package and possibly (though unlikely I guess) a decent phone/nav integration system like Android Auto etc.

Master
    I take it from a purely practical sense, the wings can be unbolted and stored in the loft between trips to the 'ring?
    They look to have stainless fasteners on, my guess would be easy detachable as they would be the first thing to snap off in a packed garage like mine!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Andy,
    Epic choice. Paul just mentioned he wants to return to do the Ring properly. I said, “let me know when you want to go”! You should bring the new beast. And this time, we’ll order double digit temps and some sunshine please!
    Watch out you will be chasing Andy on his new steed, not the other way around ;)

Steve

Master
    I'll have to try one, as on the face of it the bike could arguably replace both of my bikes (ok, maybe 2 of my 3).

It would be quite disappointing though if I bought one then Guzzi turned up at the shows this year with a V100TT, with the Mandello's electronics package and possibly (though unlikely I guess) a decent phone/nav integration system like Android Auto etc.
    The response to the V100 has been so strong I wouldn’t put it past Guzzi to develop the engine platform just like Ducati have. Look how quickly Ducati have expanded the V4 range. There are some you tube videos hinting at a V100TT , but they are just CGI. It depends when you want to change eg want a new bike for summer? , but if there was ever a case of wait and see this might be it?

I met two lads recently who both had V85TT’s , they loved them for what they were, full of character and true to the Guzzi feel.

Might be worth test riding the V85 and the V100 to see if the V100 engine is worth the speculation/ wait or whether the V85 does it for you straight out of the box :)
    Last edited by higham5; 16th April 2023 at 08:54.

The response to the V100 has been so strong I wouldn’t put it past Guzzi to develop the engine platform just like Ducati have. Look how quickly Ducati have expanded the V4 range. There are some you tube videos hinting at a V100TT , but they are just CGI. It depends when you want to change eg want a new bike for summer? , but if there was ever a case of wait and see this might be it?

I met two lads recently who both had V85TT’s , they loved them for what they were, full of character and true to the Guzzi feel.

Might be worth test riding the V85 and the V100 to see if the V100 engine is worth the speculation/ wait or whether the V85 does it for you straight out of the box :)
    Apparently Guzzi indicated at EICMA last year that a new Stelvio was in the pipeline which would likely feature the V100 engine, but would sit above the V85TT in the range rather than replace it. Likely then that it will sit in the £14k-£17k range rather than the £11k-£12k range of the V85TT.

There's a 3k mile white & yellow TT for sale in a Yorkshire dealer with the full luggage, screen and bars for £9k which is somewhat appealing, however it has the earlier wheels requiring inner tubes which I'd rather avoid if at all possible.

Edit - just spotted a pre reg in 2022 colours for £9k also. Tubeless tyres but the less attractive white/red paint scheme
    Last edited by Gyp; 16th April 2023 at 10:28.

Master
    Watch out you will be chasing Andy on his new steed, not the other way around ;)

Steve
    If Andy doesn't get past the cranky tractor that the GS is, on his hyper M-powered M1000R - I think he will have a lot to answer for! :-)
    Last edited by spareparts; 18th April 2023 at 08:29.

Craftsman
    Out on the Welsh lanes over the weekend and a mate decided to yest his crash protection on a cheeky little rock step....they did a really good job of saving the tank!

Hhhmmmm, just had an email from Triumph Adventure Experience Swansea cancelling the Level 2 Off-Road course we had booked for late June due to "unforeseen issues with facilities and course instructors" ! Seems a shame to blow out a pre booked weekend with a pass-out from the families etc. But what to do instead?

Had a quick look at the BMW, Honda and Yamaha off-road guys in the area but they're all fully booked. We're not wedded to off-road and we could just go somewhere on our own bikes (Triumph Scrambler 900 and Street Twin) I guess. Doesn't need to be in Wales either as we're both based in Hertfordshire.

Any thoughts / ideas from the TZ-motorcycle massive for a good motorcycling weekend away? We're not road-race speed demons either.

Took delivery of the new tyres, nice to see they were both manufactured in the same place, rather than the OEM Pirelli’s, one in china and one in Brazil, always seemed strange to me? Just gotta get them booked in for the change as soon as I can.

Master
    Treated myself to a new exhaust for the Speedmaster.. I’ll fit em tomorrow🤓

Treated myself to a new exhaust for the Speedmaster.. I’ll fit em tomorrow邏
    Look forward to hearing them. I'm definitely going for the Motone exhaust tips on mine. Having ditched the silencers I'm hoping the resultant shorties will sound ace (despite the cat remaining - at least for now).

Lovely, but those wings would have to come off.
    They look horrendous.
    Would be good to see pictures sans wings.
    Last edited by Tifa; 18th April 2023 at 18:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Took delivery of the new tyres, nice to see they were both manufactured in the same place, rather than the OEM Pirelli’s, one in china and one in Brazil, always seemed strange to me? Just gotta get them booked in for the change as soon as I can.
    Perhaps the best in the wet that I have ridden on. Not particularly durable if you ride at pace and over distance. But for a relaxed bike, they are more than plenty/ handle well and offer plenty of traction. I would happily run them again. Be interested to hear your thoughts on them once fitted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Look forward to hearing them. I'm definitely going for the Motone exhaust tips on mine. Having ditched the silencers I'm hoping the resultant shorties will sound ace (despite the cat remaining - at least for now).
    Mine are USA spec, so I’m hoping they’re not going to be to loud. If they are I’ll put the cat back in.🤓

Mine are USA spec, so I’m hoping they’re not going to be to loud. If they are I’ll put the cat back in.邏
    That's a bit cruel

Master
    That's a bit cruel
    Best place for a cat

Just crossing the High Atlas in Morocco. What an amazing place to ride. Especially when the road just ends and the dirt/rocks begins. Enduro mode on the GS makes me look like I have a clue!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by manganr; 18th April 2023 at 20:34.

Perhaps the best in the wet that I have ridden on. Not particularly durable if you ride at pace and over distance. But for a relaxed bike, they are more than plenty/ handle well and offer plenty of traction. I would happily run them again. Be interested to hear your thoughts on them once fitted.
    It will definitely be relaxed riding. I learnt many years ago that fast spirited riding is not where my skills lay!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Just crossing the High Atlas in Morocco. What an amazing place to ride. Especially when the road just ends and the dirt/rocks begins. Enduro mode on the GS makes me look like I have a clue!

Well done, your off roading skills will come on massively , with or without the Enduro mode. Enjoy

Master

Fantastic. What is your route and where are you heading to? Was talking just the other day about heading down to that way to ride the Atlas!

Fantastic. What is your route and where are you heading to? Was talking just the other day about heading down to that way to ride the Atlas!
    Heading for Western Sahara then Mauritania. The Atlas pass is incredible but quite tricky and not the place to make mistakes. Gravel/tarmac 3/4 of the way up and then it just ends. I'd highly recommend it though. From what I've read, you'd have no problems!

The twisties are pretty good too!

Managed to get out on the Harley for a quick blast and now celebrating with a quick pint before home for first BBQ of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Heading for Western Sahara then Mauritania. The Atlas pass is incredible but quite tricky and not the place to make mistakes. Gravel/tarmac 3/4 of the way up and then it just ends. I'd highly recommend it though. From what I've read, you'd have no problems!
    The twisties are pretty good too!

Fantastic. Closest to Mauritania I have been is neighbouring Mali where I spent quite a bit of time working there not that long ago. Send us plenty of pics and stories as you go, would love to learn more about your trip! Wishing you safe travels.

New tyres fitted today. I managed to get out for about 60 miles on them and already I am very happy. No tramlining and finding the grooves in the road like the OEM phantoms, definitely turn in quicker and inspire much more confidence. They seem a softer compound and warm up nicely.

I had convinced myself that the OEMs were pants and these feel like night and day to me and even if it is just psychological I am really pleased with them.

Master
    Just back from an epic couple of days in North Wales. This morning we were in Anglesey, alongside the Menai Strait. The weather was brilliant.

10k service is now due on the Tiger.

New tyres fitted today. I managed to get out for about 60 miles on them and already I am very happy. No tramlining and finding the grooves in the road like the OEM phantoms, definitely turn in quicker and inspire much more confidence. They seem a softer compound and warm up nicely.

I had convinced myself that the OEMs were pants and these feel like night and day to me and even if it is just psychological I am really pleased with them.

Love the way they look too, Greg!

Master

Nice, they visually suit your bike too. Turn in is good on the Mutants as you say. Safe riding!

Nice, they visually suit your bike too. Turn in is good on the Mutants as you say. Safe riding!
    Love the way they look too, Greg!
    Thanks, I had word today that the rear shocks are in as well, so I will be fitting those soon.

Nice looking bike

Had a lovely blat yesterday down from Brizzle to Braunton (for a meeting), then back again along a combination of the North Devon Coast road and across the top of Exmoor. Lovely day, epic riding.

Looking for some advice please. Before I go ahead with the fitting of my new shocks, could someone in the know tell me if this is the right way round or does it not matter with the Ohlins? I can’t find any info online or in the instruction leaflet.

Spring at the bottom so that the lighter assembly (less inertia) is the one that is bouncing up and down.

(the way you have it mounted)

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Spring at the bottom so that the lighter assembly (less inertia) is the one that is bouncing up and down.

(the way you have it mounted)
    Sorry , I wasn’t clear at all. I’m happy with the spring orientation. It was if the shocks were ‘sided’ as such?

Whether it matters if the screw at the top faces towards the rear or front of the bike. I have it facing the rear as it is but I think it will be less noticeable facing forward and look a bit better but I don’t know if it matters or not?