closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Great looking 'snack' - is that an onion ring on top?
    sure is👌

Went up from Pickering to Whitby, and continued on through Sandsend and Saltburn. Then, for obscure reasons visited Eston in Middlesbrough, before turning south through Castleton and over Blakey Ridge to Hutton-le-Hole, where I'm having tea and toast.

At Sandsend it was high tide and the sea was really giving the sea wall what for.

On the way north I popped by Goathland. I think that detour is a lot more enjoyable going south.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Went up from Pickering to Whitby, and continued on through Sandsend and Saltburn. Then, for obscure reasons visited Eston in Middlesbrough, before turning south through Castleton and over Blakey Ridge to Hutton-le-Hole, where I'm having tea and toast.

At Sandsend it was high tide and the sea was really giving the sea wall what for.

On the way north I popped by Goathland. I think that detour is a lot more enjoyable going south.
    Eston, my old stomping grounds, I feel for you haha...
    I do like a run over to Helmsley then Whitby via Pickering for a bag of chips...

Master
    Brightened up later😎😎

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Brightened up later

Not bike related, but there is a lovely quiet lanes walk from Carrog to Llangollen. You pass the start of Llangollen canal too. Takes about 2/3 hrs we did it late last year.

Any cafe suggestions for Yarm?

Looking at Google results, Cafe Magdalene sounds a good possibility
    Last edited by Der Amf; 4th April 2024 at 21:28.

Any cafe suggestions for Yarm?

Looking at Google results, Cafe Magdalene sounds a good possibility
    There's a better farm shop which has a cracking cafe (better than any in Yarm) built onto it about 0.5 mile outside of Yarm, called Five Houses, does great lunches and the best pork pies around...
    https://www.fivehouses.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Eston, my old stomping grounds, I feel for you haha.
    Popped into a suburban boozer to say hello to the landlady, who used to run my local. I was told that the neighbourhood had recently had both a stabbing and a shooting. Was quite pleased my bike was still in the car park once I had had my Diet Coke and Mini Cheddars. Castleton seemed a million miles away, not just 16.

Popped into a suburban boozer to say hello to the landlady, who used to run my local. I was told that the neighbourhood had recently had both a stabbing and a shooting. Was quite pleased my bike was still in the car park once I had had my Diet Coke and Mini Cheddars. Castleton seemed a million miles away, not just 16.
    Haha, that sounds about right, surprised anyone wants to visit there tbh lol, next time you are in Saltburn make sure you try SeaBreeze chippy, best Fish & Chips for miles around (and I include Whitby in that)...

Master
    There were a few armed police raids the other night in Eston. Shootings aren’t uncommon around here usually drugs related.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Haha, them's scraps mate (essential to a bag of chips), aye it is a nice place and they still charge for parking (if you pay)...