closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex ADs in Bangkok - Help Needed Please!

Rolex ADs in Bangkok - Help Needed Please!

Hi All,

I’m in Bangkok for a few days and was wondering anyone know any really good Rolex ADs who are well stocked with the sorts of models that are scarcely available in the UK.

I’ve tried to message Ryan (ryanb741) of this good forum who seems to know a thing or two about this part of the world, but it seems his inbox is full!

Would really appreciate anyone’s help!

Thank you.
    Last edited by Lovewatches108; 7th July 2018 at 18:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Hi All,

I’m in Bangkok for a few days and was wondering anyone know any really good Rolex ADs who are well stocked with the sorts of models that are scarcely available in the UK.

I’ve tried to message Ryan (ryanb741) of this good forum who seems to know a thing or two about this part of the world, but it seems his inbox is full!

Would really appreciate anyone’s help!

Thank you.

Theres Siam Paragon in Bangkok. They had a steel daytona available last time I was there about 1½ years ago, on the condition you bought a full gold Daytona to go with it... YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Theres Siam Paragon in Bangkok. They had a steel daytona available last time I was there about 1½ years ago, on the condition you bought a full gold Daytona to go with it... YMMV.
    Wow, the cheek!

Thanks for the tip, will check out Paragon!

Any other ideas anyone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Wow, the cheek
    It seems to be the norm nowadays with many. Can’t blame them though as it’s maximising profits. The first time I ever tried to buy a white dial Daytona was in 2002 in Tourneau in Vegas. They basically said no chance. I asked out of interest what I needed to do to get one. The immediate reply was ‘if you have a personal in store spend of $100,000 a year I could get you one right away’.

I spent the next 11 years randomly asking AD’s I visited on holidays always getting a no. In 20013 I phoned my nearest AD (50 miles away and never ever been into) and asked about the hulk. They had one so i was going to drive to see it. I jokingly asked about a Daytona. They said they didn’t have one. Weirdly they phoned me back later and said ‘we’ve got one and if the buyer doesn’t take it, it’s yours. They didn’t and I did!

Google

Rolex ADs everywhere in Bangkok. As mentioned above Siam Paragon has a tonne of watch ADs on the first floor. Central Embassy and Emporium shopping malls too. They will absolutely have Rolex sports watches there but sadly there is zero chance they will sell to you unless you are a big spender there. They will just say they don't have them so as not to offend but I guarantee they will have Daytonas in the back.

The best source of SS Rolex is Pendulum in Chiang Mai - as a walk in I've seen a Cameron on sale and I've managed to source Pepsi GMTs there (as an aside what is it with the jubilee bracelet on the new Pepsi - it's such a short bracelet!). Even they now won't have much on display - you'd probably find an explorer and maybe a ND Sub but the days of Thailand being an easy place to buy SS Rolex are gone.

The best bit of luck at Pendulum in Chiang Mai was a couple of years ago it closed down the in-store Omega Boutique and I went in and asked what they had and one of the watches 'just in the safe' was a Speedy Snoopy! Snapped that up pronto!
    Last edited by ryanb741; 8th July 2018 at 08:19.

Don’t forget to factor in UK VAT.
    (Officially) you must declare on returning to the UK.

Plenty of stock at Bangkok ADs if you're willing to spend. All hot models are in the back and are readily available if you are happy with a premium or some sort of package deal.

Played around with a steel Daytona last month but it had to be purchased with either a Day Date or a full gold or platinum Daytona.

Usually for foreigners, they'll just say that there is no stock to avoid explaining themselves.

Just the way things are done in this part of the world, unfortunately.

tt

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTheTime View Post
    Usually for foreigners, they'll just say that there is no stock to avoid explaining themselves.

Just the way things are done in this part of the world, unfortunately.
    Not only for foreigners and not really unique to that part of the world, it’s pretty same same wherever you are and has been for a long time.

Although one ‘handy’ way of getting stock is if you have a Thai wife who strikes a friendship with them and facilitates bringing the girls in the AD some hard to find/cheaper handbags that are available in London. Just sayin’

If you walk in unknown to them there is zero chance - particularly as most ‘farang’ will walk in with shorts and t-shirt which is a big ‘no-no’ in a high end shopping mall if you are in ‘hi-so’ society.

Anyone wonder why they see so many Thais wearing beautiful dresses/Smart male clothing in Siam Paragon? They are the ones who get the Rolexes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Although one ‘handy’ way of getting stock is if you have a Thai wife who strikes a friendship with them and facilitates bringing the girls in the AD some hard to find/cheaper handbags that are available in London. Just sayin’

If you walk in unknown to them there is zero chance - particularly as most ‘farang’ will walk in with shorts and t-shirt which is a big ‘no-no’ in a high end shopping mall if you are in ‘hi-so’ society.

Anyone wonder why they see so many Thais wearing beautiful dresses/Smart male clothing in Siam Paragon? They are the ones who get the Rolexes :)

How does one acquire such a wife? :-P

Crikey, there’s building a relationship with an AD... then there’s this.

Think I’d sooner just pay the premium from a grey dealer, or go without.

Still, I’m glad you get the watches you want out of it! Hopefully with a nice discount.

Rolex ADs in Bangkok - Help Needed Please!

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Crikey, there’s building a relationship with an AD... then there’s this.

Think I’d sooner just pay the premium from a grey dealer, or go without.

Still, I’m glad you get the watches you want out of it! Hopefully with a nice discount.
    Lol we don’t give them the bags they just WhatsApp what they want, we buy them and they pay us back in Thailand. And of course then stuff becomes available. For example this time when I go back next week I’ll pick up a Pepsi GMT which will be the third I’ve had since May. Kind of worth it no?

As it is I was at the Bentall Centre in Kingston today buying a couple of Longchamps bags that the AD girls in Chiang Mai wanted as they are much cheaper in Thailand (and of course I’ll be able to buy that Pepsi in return). Here they are! Those 2 bags are £100 cheaper in the UK and as I said before they aren’t freebies - the girls will pay for them.

Don’t forget VAT is payable upon return to the UK so it’s much more expensive than UK RRP (a thought you do get a 7% tax refund when leaving Thailand)

Craftsman
    Start from Siam Paragon, there are some interesting watch shops over there

Master
    I remember walking into a Rolex AD in Bangkok back when I first visited in 2005 as they had a SS Daytona in the window. My thought was, this is my chance to get one as I had a healthy limit on my CC, so thought I’d snap it up.
    I asked to see it, and then I asked how much it was and it came in at pretty much double what it was back home at that time. I asked why it was so expensive and the lady said ‘sorry sir, 100% import duty’ I don’t know if that was the truth or that my face simply didn’t fit. I know it’s the case with European cars though based on the price of a 3 and 5 series I saw advertised in a shopping mall.

Thanks all, as mentioned by Ryan and others, I’ve called around and indeed I’ve been given the polite ‘ sorry no stock’ treatment.

Shame, will load up on the Longchamps next time!!

Lol we don’t give them the bags they just WhatsApp what they want, we buy them and they pay us back in Thailand. And of course then stuff becomes available. For example this time when I go back next week I’ll pick up a Pepsi GMT which will be the third I’ve had since May. Kind of worth it no?

As it is I was at the Bentall Centre in Kingston today buying a couple of Longchamps bags that the AD girls in Chiang Mai wanted as they are much cheaper in Thailand (and of course I’ll be able to buy that Pepsi in return). Here they are! Those 2 bags are £100 cheaper in the UK and as I said before they aren’t freebies - the girls will pay for them.

Don’t forget VAT is payable upon return to the UK so it’s much more expensive than UK RRP (a thought you do get a 7% tax refund when leaving Thailand)

I've slept on it, and you're probably right. If that's three Pepsis you've had since May, then you're definitely right!