closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What the hecking heck happened here?

What the hecking heck happened here?

My second hand's gone wonky.

Not at all sure how that happened. Shame is a service centre will want to replace it and the lume has now got, after, 20 years of ownership, a lovely yellowing patina.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    My second hand's gone wonky.

Not at all sure how that happened. Shame is a service centre will want to replace it and the lume has now got, after, 20 years of ownership, a lovely yellowing patina.
    The only way i can imagine this happening is if the hand got caught on the minute hand whilst you were adjusting time? it may be that the minute hand has become warped/elevated if it's not been serviced for a long time?

Or the counter-balance of the seconds hand became bent/warped downwards and when the seconds hand would advance at some point the counter balance touched the minute hand and became bent until it finally "let go". Weird nonetheless...

Grand Master
    What exactly is wrong with the seconds hand? Can`t see from the picture. Has it come loose or has the hand detached from the centre pipe. Have a look with a strong glass; if it's come loose it's a relatively easy job to fix it back on. If the hand has separated from the centre pipe that's not quite so easy to fix and a replacement would be the best option. If it's somehow become bent it'll almost certainly need replacing.

Like all things Omega these seconds hands are getting harder to source thesedays. I used to have a couple but they're long gone. Ironically, I`ve replaced these in the past when they've become faded!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    What exactly is wrong with the seconds hand? Can`t see from the picture.
    The tip of the seconds hand is pointing at 4, and its counterweight is pointing at just before 9