closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart GMT- my bezel has fallen out!

Master
    Blog Entries

Steinhart GMT- my bezel has fallen out!

It just fell out today, noticed as soon as I jumped in the car and luckily found it on the drive undamaged.
    Does anyone know if it just sticks back on as I can't see any other way it was held in place. I'm a bit annoyed and surprised as I've had the watch a couple of years and been very impressed but this is not an indication of quality to my mind.
    Who could I send it to in order to ensure the bezel is replaced correctly if I need to please?

The bezel inserts are stuck down with a piece of circular, double side, self adhesive tape.

New bezel inserts are available to buy from the Steinhart website with the tape already applied.

Really easy to fit, you just remove the backing, line it up and press it down.

is it just the bezel insert or the whole bezel that has come adrift ?

picture migt help...

If it is the complete bezel it's back to Steinhart as they are the only people who can change them, if just the insert, buy another for €15 and pop it in yourself.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, just the black ceramic bezel insert with the 24hr markings. It's in perfect order so will cut out a double sided circle myself and stick it back it... not great though as it's never got wet and is only 2 years old.... good to know it's a cheap and quick fix though, thanks.

Master
    I used G S hypo on one of mine . I think it had tape on it previously and over the years it had just kinda shrivelled and died.

Very thin layer of gs hypo ( too much and the bezel insert will ride too high), ensure the bezel insert is aligned correctly , sheet of paper on top followed by a folded towel and a 1 kilo weight over night.

robert's yer mum's brother

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I used G S hypo on one of mine . I think it had tape on it previously and over the years it had just kinda shrivelled and died.

Very thin layer of gs hypo ( too much and the bezel insert will ride too high), ensure the bezel insert is aligned correctly , sheet of paper on top followed by a folded towel and a 1 kilo weight over night.

robert's yer mum's brother
    Thanks for that, indeed there is no sign of an tape or sticky residue so I guess it has just died over time... I'm off to find GS Hypo online now

I don't know if this applies to Steinhart bezels but if you glue it be careful the glue doesn't get into the click spring or onto the bezel and case you can glue them together and not be able to turn it anymore....I have experienced this :-)

Every day's a schoolday here, never heard of GS Hypo before, but will be adding it to my adhesive arsenal now!
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Every day's a schoolday here, never heard of GS Hypo before, but will be adding it to my adhesive arsenal now!
    I don’t know why I like the sound of an adhesive arsenal so much!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I don’t know why I like the sound of an adhesive arsenal so much!
    I guess it’s a term that just sticks in your mind! I’ll get my coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Steinhart GMT- my bezel has fallen out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover View Post
    Thanks for that, indeed there is no sign of an tape or sticky residue so I guess it has just died over time... I'm off to find GS Hypo online now
    If there’s no residue on the insert it’s probably in the channel of the bezel itself. Use a cocktail stick or something not too harsh to clean all out the old gunk before you stick the insert back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hops; 3rd June 2018 at 22:51.