closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Out Of The Blue

Out Of The Blue

I fancied a bit of a change for Summer and something with a bit of colour. Somehow I’ve ended up with two new additions.

First up is the Calibre de Cartier Diver in blue. Cartier don’t seem to get much respect around these parts but they have a really strong watchmaking heritage and now, with the in house movement, they can surely be seen as something much more than a fashion brand. I’d tried the Diver in black before but it just seemed a bit samey. The blue ceramic bezel really makes it stand out for me and the almost neon colour of the bezel provides a great contrast to the metallic blue of the dial. Measures 42mm across but wears well due to some reasonably short curved lugs that hug the wrist. The rubber strap is also one of the most flexible and comfortable I’ve owned.
    The triple date window won’t appeal to many but it is really handy if you find yourself needing to know the date at precisely quarter past three.

Next up is a strange one for me. During my time in this madness I’ve owned virtually every model of Rolex but, a couple of years ago, I branched out a little and realised that there are actually, for me, much better watches out there. All but a Datejust II went and I’ve been enjoying the likes of AP, Zenith and some more niche brands ever since. However, I’d always fancied a two tone Sub and felt now was the time to scratch the itch.
    Having looked around I decided on the flat blue dial version of the 116613LB. Whereas I love the contrasting blues on the Cartier I just prefer the matching blue dial and bezel on the LB.
    I’m still far from a Rolex fan, and still see them as more of a triumph in marketing than anything else, but there is just something about this one I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the Cartier,I had the black version for a short while,I’d definitely have another

Never seen the Cartier before but yes, I am a fan! And the Rolex yeah just wow. Maybe because I’m on holiday atm and this would be the best perfect sunshine watch.

Really like the Cartier .
    I know we're coming from with the blue I just got this Seiko.
    Nice pickup
    Enjoy20180522_184846.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Great pair of watches, thanks for posting them. The Cartier was definitely under the radar for me so it's nice to see that. Like the Rolex as well, wasn't sure about the colours but an Omega AD near me had a pre-owned one and it looked really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I fancied a bit of a change for Summer and something with a bit of colour. Somehow I’ve ended up with two new additions.

First up is the Calibre de Cartier Diver in blue. Cartier don’t seem to get much respect around these parts but they have a really strong watchmaking heritage and now, with the in house movement, they can surely be seen as something much more than a fashion brand. I’d tried the Diver in black before but it just seemed a bit samey. The blue ceramic bezel really makes it stand out for me and the almost neon colour of the bezel provides a great contrast to the metallic blue of the dial. Measures 42mm across but wears well due to some reasonably short curved lugs that hug the wrist. The rubber strap is also one of the most flexible and comfortable I’ve owned.
    The triple date window won’t appeal to many but it is really handy if you find yourself needing to know the date at precisely quarter past three.

Next up is a strange one for me. During my time in this madness I’ve owned virtually every model of Rolex but, a couple of years ago, I branched out a little and realised that there are actually, for me, much better watches out there. All but a Datejust II went and I’ve been enjoying the likes of AP, Zenith and some more niche brands ever since. However, I’d always fancied a two tone Sub and felt now was the time to scratch the itch.
    Having looked around I decided on the flat blue dial version of the 116613LB. Whereas I love the contrasting blues on the Cartier I just prefer the matching blue dial and bezel on the LB.
    I’m still far from a Rolex fan, and still see them as more of a triumph in marketing than anything else, but there is just something about this one I love.

The rolex is stunning

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

As a pair those work really well, and that Cartier isn’t something that you see everyday!