closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travel watch case recommendations...

Master

Travel watch case recommendations...

My current case is more like a box and the watches tend to move around inside, whereas they would be much better protected in something like this.

Does anyone know of a case equivalent to this or along the same lines. I’m not a fan of the cases where you fold the watch, as it won’t fit my g-shock type watches, and I’d like to find something that can hold 5 or so watches ideally.

Last edited by W44NNE; 27th May 2018 at 08:38.

Master
    Peli, or does it need to look smarter than that?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Peli, or does it need to look smarter than that?
    Not bothered about looks at all... more just that it'll carry 4-5 watches and protect them well

Master
    I know you want 4-5 but i thought i’ll post anyway. I use a Goyard 2 watch case wallet which i find is one of the most well designed cases. The pillow part is very soft lambskin and can accommodate various wrist sizes also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pack of 6 pair of socks from Marks and Sparks, wear a pair and stick a watch in each of the others!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I know you want 4-5 but i thought i’ll post anyway. I use a Goyard 2 watch case wallet which i find is one of the most well designed cases. The pillow part is very soft lambskin and can accommodate various wrist sizes also.

Lovely cases, the dividers are a great touch! I have an LV one without them and it can fit three watches but as I’m concerned they might touch I’ll only ever use it for two.

Phase De Lune do a similar case but do find the outer leather not as hard wearing as the Goyard/LV canvas.

For small items such as this which don’t get a lot of wear the Goyard canvas is fine but overall the LV canvas is much more durable. The Goyard monogram is hand painted so rubs off with time and the canvas itself is thinner. I’ve had issues with more than one item cracking without too much use which I find completely unacceptable considering the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    For small items such as this which don’t get a lot of wear the Goyard canvas is fine but overall the LV canvas is much more durable. The Goyard monogram is hand painted so rubs off with time and the canvas itself is thinner. I’ve had issues with more than one item cracking without too much use which I find completely unacceptable considering the cost.
    I know the Goyard pattern wears off but that type of patina doesn’t bother me but the cracking would! Had issues with LV but not Goyard.

But yes you are right the Goyard canvas isn’t as durable feeling as the LV, but still both wear better then my Phase De Lune cases.

Actually have a LV Watch roll I’m putting up for sale but it only holds three so no good for the OP

Master

This is not a travel case but is my other case for home which holds 8.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    but still both wear better then my Phase De Lune cases.
    what is wrong with PdL? I always thought they were highly praised for superior quality, do these really age badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    what is wrong with PdL? I always thought they were highly praised for superior quality, do these really age badly?
    No they are great and the quality/design is better then both LV and Goyard the issue is the leather is soft so scuffs easily, I use it to keep my watches in at home but if traveling I use the LV one as the canvas is harder wearing so doesn't get marked up when in my travel bag and the typically use and abuse it gets while on holiday.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    I know the Goyard pattern wears off but that type of patina doesn’t bother me but the cracking would! Had issues with LV but not Goyard.

But yes you are right the Goyard canvas isn’t as durable feeling as the LV, but still both wear better then my Phase De Lune cases.

Actually have a LV Watch roll I’m putting up for sale but it only holds three so no good for the OP
    Put a sweatband over the middle watch.
    Protects it and creates a buffer between the 3 at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Put a sweatband over the middle watch.
    Protects it and creates a buffer between the 3 at the same time.
    Bloody good idea :)

Craftsman
    Much more "Ghetto" than many of the solutions offered but I bought a cheap Ebay case and cut up a swimming float (Noodle) to the correct length and trimmed it to my wrist diameter so the bracelets fit nicely

Cost less around £10 and the watches dont move a mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Travel-Ca...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Sw...72.m2749.l2649

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Who needs a big clumsy travel case? When traveling choose one watch and strap to your wrist! Simple!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's my approach. Too risky to carry several watches, and arguably not necessary.

Master
    Not sure how this turned into a Louis thread :-D Not looking to spend that sort of money a tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    That's my approach. Too risky to carry several watches, and arguably not necessary.
    Arguably maybe, but it so happens I like to take several watches. I wasn’t looking for your consent :-)

Master
    I wasn't suggesting you were. But this is a forum, people will express their views. The option of going 'minimalist' is no less valid than any other. And safer too.
    Last edited by paskinner; 29th May 2018 at 11:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you were. But this is a forum, people will express their views. The option of going 'minimalist' is no less valid than any other. And safer too.
    All I was asking was for recommendations of a case similar to what I pictured. I appreciate the responses to those showing cases, but yours and the post you agreed to just seemed a bit unnecessary tbh. If I’m asking for case recommendations, your response telling me to just take one watch is hardly going to mean anything, is it?

I take several watches, it doesn’t mean I take several premium watches. I like to take at least one nice watch, and then some Casios, Seikos etc. Even if I did take one, I’d no doubt come home with several others anyway.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Who needs a big clumsy travel case? When traveling choose one watch and strap to your wrist! Simple!
    God I bet you get invited to loads of parties.