closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Oaks. Normal or Ultrathin?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    NYC boutique back in March - not especially convenient. As it happens I was on the phone to them earlier this evening and they have both RG and YG in. Didn't ask which dial.

Also saw in Milan boutique.
    Doesn’t the RG only come with blue dial? Those should not be purchased in boutique. Rrp is 46k or something crazy. One gets the RG for 36k easy

Craftsman
    I've tried both and the YG with blue is stunning. It's THE watch I'd buy if I was retiring to a life of luxury somewhere lovely in Italy or similar. White linen shirt, as tanned as my pasty Scottish skin would get and not a care in the world. Tough watch to get away with day to day in the UK, and that comes from a YG DD40 owner.
    Hodinkee tells me it’s a great everyday watch haha

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    Doesn’t the RG only come with blue dial? Those should not be purchased in boutique. Rrp is 46k or something crazy. One gets the RG for 36k easy
    RG comes in blue and the YG comes in blue or gold, but then you have the YG LE ‘the hour glass’ in black

RG retails at £46,700 and the YG prices are not listed but the YG THG is at £47,900

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    RG comes in blue and the YG comes in blue or gold, but then you have the YG LE ‘the hour glass’ in black

RG retails at £46,700 and the YG prices are not listed but the YG THG is at £47,900
    https://www.hyjewellery.co.uk/watch-...1240or-01.html

36k new

Craftsman
    NYC boutique back in March - not especially convenient. As it happens I was on the phone to them earlier this evening and they have both RG and YG in. Didn't ask which dial.

Also saw in Milan boutique.
    I quite like the grey dial 15450. but I am after something in solid gold though. Which DD do you have. My bro who’s also somewhere in the forum here tells me what you’re telling me. That the 15202 solid will just lie around and it’s just not really possible to go out with it. 5711r same in your opinion?

I was talking retail of the YG as it’s not listed on AP’s site currently!

That link is for the OR

Craftsman
    I was talking retail of the YG as it’s not listed on AP’s site currently!

That link is for the OR
    https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.1240BA.01/

???

???

Read my previous post I was referring to price being listed.

Master
    I noticed a red gold / blue dial 15202 in Harrods earlier. Way out my league at that price, but FWIW it looked a lot more wearable than yellow gold and the blue dial was lovely.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I noticed a red gold / blue dial 15202 in Harrods earlier. Way out my league at that price, but FWIW it looked a lot more wearable than yellow gold and the blue dial was lovely.
    yeah thats the RG one - loveley piece I would buy but concerned about the movement.

Master
    I quite like the grey dial 15450. but I am after something in solid gold though. Which DD do you have. My bro who’s also somewhere in the forum here tells me what you’re telling me. That the 15202 solid will just lie around and it’s just not really possible to go out with it. 5711r same in your opinion?
    DD40 is yellow gold with silver dial/deconstructed Romans. I love it, but it's weekends, nights out and holidays for me. I suppose it all depends on your lifestyle though.

The 5711r is probably a bit more usable, simply to the extent that the softer shape of the case and bracelet is just a little less "there" than the Royal Oak, in the same way as their steel siblings. Patek's rose gold for men's watches is far closer to yellow gold than Audemars' which is much pinker.

Craftsman
    DD40 is yellow gold with silver dial/deconstructed Romans. I love it, but it's weekends, nights out and holidays for me. I suppose it all depends on your lifestyle though.

The 5711r is probably a bit more usable, simply to the extent that the softer shape of the case and bracelet is just a little less "there" than the Royal Oak, in the same way as their steel siblings. Patek's rose gold for men's watches is far closer to yellow gold than Audemars' which is much pinker.
    I am leaning towards WG Daytona on oysterflex or Yachtmaster 116655

Blog Entries
    Yes I kind of agree. I really wany a RO but I am concerned spending so much money on such a senstive movement. I already had such bad experience with my VC Overseas recently which is currently in 8 week service after only 2 1/2 years.
    8 weeks? Patek take about 15 weeks on a good day. Still - you are just keeping it for the next generation, you know you don't own it right?

M

Craftsman
    Do we have current members that own any 15202 solid gold version? I would like to know more about the movement and quality of the watch after hearing crown falling off etc

Do we have current members that own any 15202 solid gold version? I would like to know more about the movement and quality of the watch after hearing crown falling off etc
    Haha stick with your imaginary Patek!

Master
    I know a few people with 15202s (not gold ones) and they have had no issue with the movements or crowns falling off or anything of that nature. You'd be exceptionally unlucky to have such an issue - AP are not making £20k odds (in steel) watches that the crowns just regularly drop off of.

Craftsman
    Haha stick with your imaginary Patek!
    And who are you?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And who are you?
    He is the guy with x-ray vision.

And who are you?
    An actual watch owner!

Craftsman
    An actual watch owner!
    Aren’t pitbulls banned by law?

I have heard that Pateks are prone to have indices falling off the dial. As an owner, can you confirm that?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Ultrathin is perfect. 39mm 15300 (no longer available new) normal one is great too. 41mm 15400 (current) normal one screws up the proportions for me.
    Agreed completely: 15202 > 15300 > 15400

The 14802 and original 5402 are of course at least as desirable as the current ultra-thin, and I actually prefer their white date wheels to the blue one of the latest model — though any Jumbo is a thing of beauty.

Craftsman
    Does anyone know why the crown seems to be so much looser when changing the time and date on the 15450 than compared to a rolex submariner (which i'm used to using), the rolex just feels more robust. Not sure whether this is just the one i played with (new from shop) or whether this is across the board?

I know a few people with 15202s (not gold ones) and they have had no issue with the movements or crowns falling off or anything of that nature. You'd be exceptionally unlucky to have such an issue - AP are not making £20k odds (in steel) watches that the crowns just regularly drop off of.
    To be fair, I had the crown fall off on a 15202 the second time I tried to wind it. The watch was returned to the seller and I was gutted.

Master
    I know two guys with recent 15202s. Both have had movement issues, luckily within warranty period. One of them had to go back 2 or 3 times within the first year, very disappointing indeed.

Put me off buying one tbh, if anything goes wrong outside of warranty it’s a £2k service bill for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I tried the rg on yesterday.
    I'm stupidly tempted.
    Apologies for the poor pic but it's wrapped.

The gold and blue dial just work together so well. I mean it's a bit blingy but damn it's so good it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I'm stupidly tempted.

That does look good!

Master
    I'm stupidly tempted.

Please do it

Craftsman
    IMG_6830.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Sorry for the bad quality but the TZ app sucks. No idea how tapa talk or whatever nonsense app works.

Sorry for the bad quality but the TZ app sucks. No idea how tapa talk or whatever nonsense app works.

Download this one. Tapatalk -
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tapa...307880732?mt=8

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Yeah I did once

Craftsman
    Please do it
    I wasn’t convinced by that watch this week and I have tried it on various times.

I'm stupidly tempted.

Now that's colour coordination, dial and ink.
    J

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk