I thought this may interest one or two people. On a Friday night, comedian Jason Manford runs a push to get his followers to donate to a semi-random cause. The concept being that hundred or thousands of very small donations can quickly become changing for the recipient. The best bit is that most donors stay anonymous and leave the cryptic hashtag #charityninjas behind.

https://www.facebook.com/JasonManfor...55575188134352

This is one of last night’s asks and as I write 2000 people have donated about a fiver each to help. I like Jason, especially his attitude to life and his work ethic but I also like how he has chosen to galvanise people in this manner. At a family level, my 11 year old son and I always discuss the beneficiaries, their problems and we wonder how they will feel when they wake up on a Saturday morning and discover that a load of anonymous strangers have changed their life a little bit? It’s a nice thing to do and be part of.

To gently echo another thread, this isn’t without risks as it’s only a justgiving Page being donated to. However, Jason keeps records of what’s been achieved (over £500k and counting) and no doubt will revisit in some fashion. If I was him I’d be planning a TV show but who knows.