closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cost of Rolex Submariner Service - £585 or £835 ?

Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    If the service was carried out by Rolex and you have all the details along with the Service card although they will have it all on record , write a letter or better still do what I did and go in person to express your disappointment in how little the the watch has been worn and condition verifies this.

I had the same issue with a 1665 that was out of service Warranty that had developed a problem , the watch was sent back with no promises but as a gesture of goodwill this was sorted all within a couple of weeks , be firm but polite and you never know as this is something that you don’t expect from such little use .
    An update, as I followed Mark's sound suggestion.

I popped my Sub into Hamilton & Inches today, explaining the situation that the watch could no longer be set after about only 10 outings since the last service. The very helpful assistant agreed to forward my letter expressing my disappointment. It's going in for an estimate / evaluation, although he didn't hold out too much hope that it would come back as anything but, "Needs a service." One can but try. £550 for the service on a Z series 16610. :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    Was it ever actually confirmed that Rolex, the company, 'advises' that you wait ten years before service? As in, does there exist somewhere a press release, or a line in a guarantee booklet, that actually says this? Or does it just stem from that internal memo that claimed the average customer brings their watch in after about ten years?
    It's official, and what sales people are taught to tell customers. I posted a picture of it a while back but was on photobucket so cant be bothered to do it again. maybe someone saved a copy.

Master
    Nope not official as far as this memo goes.

It’s just an observation that the typical time frame for service has grown to every 10 years

H&I forwarded me a letter from Rolex UK, who agreed as a gesture of good will to reduce the cost of the full service which they recommend, by £100. So down to £450, the same price I paid four years ago. Obviously I've accepted but it's still a shame that it was even necessary, having worn the watch on so few occasions.

EDIT: I misread my letter from Hamilton & Inches. It was they who offered the discount, NOT Rolex UK. So sterling service from them!!
    Last edited by dkpw; 18th June 2018 at 10:47.