closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex OP (2018) models

Rolex OP (2018) models

Not sure if they are commonly available but I noticed that Fraser Hart have the Black & White dialed 39mm OP models in stock today at Westfield Stratford if anyone is looking for one.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 24th May 2018 at 12:24.

Craftsman

Not sure why you would choose the 39mm OP in Black instead of an Explorer 1 considering the incredible heritage and iconic design of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchypirate View Post
    Not sure why you would choose the 39mm OP in Black instead of an Explorer 1 considering the incredible heritage and iconic design of the latter.
    Maybe cost

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Maybe cost
    That and I much prefer the dial on the OP39 over the Exp1. I’ve had the Exp1 many times over the years and just couldn’t get with it. The OP39 seems perfect though. Win win in my eyes.

That argument would be in ruder health if the "iconic design" hadn't evolved so much....

You wear 214270 on your wrist, and you're definitely not looking down on a 1016

Master
    I prefer plain baton markers to the 369 dial on the Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That argument would be in ruder health if the "iconic design" hadn't evolved so much....

No, but I would hardly say the difference between those two watches is huge - especially to the layman.

Point taken regarding the hour marker configurations! I must admit, having seen the white dial OP's in various publications, they do look to be rather nice.

I noticed today when passing the black dial OP has gone from the window only the white remaining, both are very nice looking watches.

There was also a 36mm blue dial 369 dial in the window, only SS was an Exp 2.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 25th May 2018 at 18:32.

The Explorer de nos jours has been ruined by the daft size.

Journeyman
    Not to mention the heritage and iconic design of the 'plain' oyster perpetuals. Quintessential Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

And the 1016 is the exemplar? It seems to be as arbitrary an iteration as any other reference. If we’re going to get all Platonic about it...

I chose on looks over heritage. The 3/6/9 type has never appealed to me, I find it a little dated. Plus the OP black has a sunburst dial which is a nice detail.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Not sure if they are commonly available but I noticed that Fraser Hart have the Black & White dialed 39mm OP models in stock today at Westfield Stratford if anyone is looking for one.
    Nice one. I'll pop down and take a look, I wondered when they would arrive in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

I had a look at one this afternoon in Cabot’s Circus in Bristol, it was nice I liked it, tried it on and prefer it to a Explorer 1.

Should still be there, they said it had just come in.

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Nice one. I'll pop down and take a look, I wondered when they would arrive in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can update the post in the morning if still there as I pass the store each day.

Fraser Hart have only the white dial model in the window, there is also a Airking.