closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aftermarket Printer Toner Cartridge Suggestions, please

Master

Aftermarket Printer Toner Cartridge Suggestions, please

I use my Dell laser printer rarely but it's finally saying the (original) black cartridge is running out.

I'm not minded to remortgage to buy Dell ones and wondered if anyone could suggest a good/reasonably priced aftermarket/compatible brand (or reliable retailer).

Thanks.

PS It's a C1760NW

Blog Entries
    Costco refill most brands and I have used them for my HP printer a few times.

However I usually bite the bullet and buy original cartridges - though I do keep an eye out for offers/sales etc.

I suppose it also depends on your usage too - you might not be too bothered if it's just for a few bits and pieces at home, though if it's for work/commercial then you might want better quality etc.

Master
    Bite the bullet.

Refills can be ok, non OEM toners / inks are usually rubbish, they clog, print unevenly and can ruin your printer.

I manage over 300 MFDs and have used Konica, and now HP, with the toners / inks it was the same for both brands, after market cheapos were utter rubbish and a waste of money.

I’d also remommend good quality paper

We go through cartridges and toners on an industrial scale and always use cartridgesave.co.uk

They don’t do their own branded cartridges for all printers, but we are lucky that they cover all of the ones we have in the office. They work out about a third of the price of OEM ones.

Never had a problem with any of them. But we tried some cheaper ones on Amazon and they really messed up one of the printers so had to return (ink everywhere).

My only bug bear about Cartridge Save is that they advertise free next day delivery, but if you look at the small print it actually says 1st Class and only 97% of items arrive next day. So just be careful if you need them in a hurry!

Master
    Thanks for the responses. Some food for thought!

Craftsman
    We get through about £40k per year in ink and paper, even still, we always buy original as aftermarket and refill is noticably false economy at that scale.

My Epson won't recognise after-market cartridges so I'm stuck with the very expensive OEM cartridges.

The printer cost virtually nothing, but then we spend £thousands on cartridges – I see what they did there.

Aftermarket cartridges duffed 2 HP printers of mine ...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The printer cost virtually nothing, but then we spend £thousands on cartridges – I see what they did there.
    Exactly, my printer was under £100. Found a full set of Dell toner cartridges - £223!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Aftermarket cartridges duffed 2 HP printers of mine ...
    Hm! not a risk free option then?1 Although, as noted below, might be as cheap to get a new printer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Hm! not a risk free option then?1 Although, as noted below, might be as cheap to get a new printer.
    They normally put ‘set up’ ink in nowadays which runs out quickly.
    The days have gone where I used to just buy a new printer instead of ink.

Blog Entries
    Just to say that for the smaller user like me the HP ink programme really works i pay £1.99 pm for 50 pages of print and that includes replacement cartridges posted to me they have there own email address so it is automatic i also now print in best colour quality rather than draft.When i was in business i bit the bullet and always went for the real deal the compatibles were always hit and miss

Craftsman
    Also had a HP printer ruined by use of non HP cartridges, Irony was that I always used original HP inks, after 10 years I thought it was getting expensive (printing Photographs) so got a set of cheapies, hey presto , within six months printer knackered! Cheers John B4

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    They normally put ‘set up’ ink in nowadays which runs out quickly.
    The days have gone where I used to just buy a new printer instead of ink.
    I have no doubt that the same is true with Dell but, as I said, I so rarely print anything that it has lasted a surprisingly long time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Also had a HP printer ruined by use of non HP cartridges, Irony was that I always used original HP inks, after 10 years I thought it was getting expensive (printing Photographs) so got a set of cheapies, hey presto , within six months printer knackered! Cheers John B4
    Quite a few references to HP printers being damaged. Is that coincidence or do HP have more "protection" to prevent aftermarket cartridges, I wonder?

Apprentice
    Dude, if you have a refillable cartridge, you can find toner for it and add it there and I'm sure that you can handle it. I recently decided to save 50 bucks and buy a used printer, and then I lost about 500 bucks. I didn’t know much about printers and bought a very old model, and then I found out that there was a non-refillable cartridge and I couldn’t buy a new one because there weren’t such old cartridges. In the end, I urgently needed a printer for work and I bought a new laser printer for 600 bucks from mrdepot.ca. This is a Canadian online store and it has a great reputation and by the way, the printer works just amazing!
    Last edited by Charlichees; 16th May 2020 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    We get through about £40k per year in ink and paper, even still, we always buy original as aftermarket and refill is noticably false economy at that scale.
    40k ?? Jeez, are you The Daily Mail ?