closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Introduction / Purchasing my first Rolex

Introduction / Purchasing my first Rolex

Evening,

I joined the forum a few months ago but have only been posting recently. Seems like a decent community with some very friendly / knowledgeable people.

I've always been interested in watches and made my first couple of purchases over the last few years. My daily beater is:

Very happy with the watch, I use the stopwatch in the gym every day :)

I also purchased a Longines with the plan to wear it to meetings where I wear a suit (which isn't every day). I've only worn it a handful of times because I never quite got into the habit of changing watches in the morning. It will be off to Watchfinder or similar shortly (I won't be gaining 250 posts here in a hurry!)

After much perseverance (and almost to my surprise) I have managed to strike a relationship with an AD who is going to supply me with either a Hulk or Batman "within a year" which I am delighted with, given that most other places I tried (included outside of the UK) stated that lists were either closed of 5+ years.

Has anyone else ever been communicated "within a year"? Should I expect this to be pot luck whether this turns out to be, say, 6 months or the full year? (I appreciate there are various factors that will affect this).

I have also read on the forum and been communicated by ADs that the warranty card will be held for 12 months. I don't personally have an issue with this because I have no intention of selling the watch. Is there any other reason why I should be concerned?

Thanks for reading!

Master
    Nice beater. Really like that model.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Evening,

I joined the forum a few months ago but have only been posting recently. Seems like a decent community with some very friendly / knowledgeable people.

I've always been interested in watches and made my first couple of purchases over the last few years. My daily beater is:

Very happy with the watch, I use the stopwatch in the gym every day :)

I also purchased a Longines with the plan to wear it to meetings where I wear a suit (which isn't every day). I've only worn it a handful of times because I never quite got into the habit of changing watches in the morning. It will be off to Watchfinder or similar shortly (I won't be gaining 250 posts here in a hurry!)

After much perseverance (and almost to my surprise) I have managed to strike a relationship with an AD who is going to supply me with either a Hulk or Batman "within a year" which I am delighted with, given that most other places I tried (included outside of the UK) stated that lists were either closed of 5+ years.

Has anyone else ever been communicated "within a year"? Should I expect this to be pot luck whether this turns out to be, say, 6 months or the full year? (I appreciate there are various factors that will affect this).

I have also read on the forum and been communicated by ADs that the warranty card will be held for 12 months. I don't personally have an issue with this because I have no intention of selling the watch. Is there any other reason why I should be concerned?

Thanks for reading!
    There’s lots of stuff on here about Rolex availability, with no definitive answers unfortunately. My own opinion....

I don’t see any issues with warrant card retention if you don’t plan on selling the watch. Others will disagree, some strongly!

It’s possible you could get one of these watches within 12 months, but it seems no Rolex ad knows in advance what their supply will be. Also, waiting lists are long, so I’d be surprised if any ad didn’t have a long list of other waiting buyers. So, I’d say it’s possible, but also unlikely. Don’t be surprised if it goes beyond this. Good luck though and let us know if you are successful!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Nice beater. Really like that model.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    I purchased it pre-owned so that I wouldn't be as sensitive to any scratches etc that might appear. The only problem is that every watch I try feels so small in comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    There’s lots of stuff on here about Rolex availability, with no definitive answers unfortunately. My own opinion....

I don’t see any issues with warrant card retention if you don’t plan on selling the watch. Others will disagree, some strongly!

It’s possible you could get one of these watches within 12 months, but it seems no Rolex ad knows in advance what their supply will be. Also, waiting lists are long, so I’d be surprised if any ad didn’t have a long list of other waiting buyers. So, I’d say it’s possible, but also unlikely. Don’t be surprised if it goes beyond this. Good luck though and let us know if you are successful!
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't see a huge problem with the warranty card issue given that it seems to be the norm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on timings, I was quoted 'You will get one of the watches within a year" direct from someone senior at the chain of ADs so I'm feeling hopeful!

Craftsman
    That is a Brietling I really like and I am not normally a fan.

If you get a good relationship with an AD then you might get a Hulk or Batman within a year. If others are not liquid enough or the flippers say no to warranty holding you move up the list quicker. I was lucky to get a hulk within 12 months so it is possible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk