closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just Tattoo of us

Master

Thumbs up Just Tattoo of us

Not being adverse to a bit of artwork by some skilled tattoo artists (although I don’t have or desire any) I thought I’d watch this program last night as a I was flicking through & saw it...

What the actual hell is going on!

Has anyone seen this program? I’m staggered quite how shameful the program is to be honest. I wouldn’t call myself an old fart but my god what a concept and awful outcome.

For those that haven’t had the dis(pleasure) the idea is a couple (friends or partners) will come onto the show and they’ll choose each other a bad tattoo. They’ll then each go off and get it done without seeing what they have only to be revealed to them at the end in a mirror.

Highlights of the one I saw include a young couple where the man chose a tattoo on his girlfriends thigh which represented his ex-girlfriends name. Queue upset girlfriend.

And a couple of young girls who were only 18 years old (the producers really should know better) where one chose the other to have a spade in a pile of gold to mean ‘Gold Digger’ as this girl “goes for blokes because of their money”

But even worse the girl who received the Gold Digger tattoo had her friend get a huge tattoo in the ‘tramp stamp’ area (lower back) of an outline of a naked, squatting woman taking a 5h1t!

As it was revealed to the shocked girl The presenters asked why (to her friend who designed it) & she proceeds to tell the world that this girl during her first experience of (how can I put this politely) let’s say a certain sexual act (tradesmans entrance) evacuated her bowels after the deed!

Their parents must be so proud.

Makes me wonder what TV will be like in another 20 years. Must admit the older idiots and couples didn’t bother me although they’re still stupid but the 18 year old girls, just staggered really.
    Last edited by jameswrx; 22nd May 2018 at 15:46.

Master
    Probbaly not as bad as something I happened upon while channel hopping last night to find a bloke getting fisted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Probbaly not as bad as something I happened upon while channel hopping last night to find a bloke getting fisted.
    HAHA! I saw that too! That looked like a pain in the arse.

Master

That's why I don't watch Question Time any more!

It’s absolute garbage, but bizarrely a guilty pleasure when only mind numbing tv will do.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My agent promised I’d be rich and famous :(

This programme and 100% of MTV is pure evil! Encouraging recklessness and trying to suggest it's cool.

Didn't one guy get a tattoo of his friend bending over and spreading his cheeks with his belly button as the ring? I seem to remember seeing that on YouTube.

One of the guys in work here has a large line drawing of his friend sinking a pint of beer on his torso under his armpit. There's no depth to the oddness of humanity.

Grand Master
    Mindboggling!

Maybe I’m just an old fart, but I can’t understand why tattoos have become so popular amongst the young (and not so young). Definitely don’t like to see them on women. They might think they look OK at the age of 20........but what will they look like after 25 years as middle age takes it’s toll combined with the fading of the tattoos. It won’t be a good look, that’s for sure.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    They might think they look OK at the age of 20........but what will they look like after 25 years as middle age takes it’s toll combined with the fading of the tattoos. It won’t be a good look, that’s for sure.

Paul
    My mind always goes "They might think they look OK at the age of 20........but what happens when they don't think that anymore, which can be as soon as at the age of 21?" But I talked to a few of my students about that, both sexes, who already had tattoos, and when I expressed my misgivings about tattoos in general, two things I've heard most is that "they become a part of you and you can't imagine yourself not having that tattoo", and/or that "you can always get it removed anyway". The second one struck me as particularly odd - planned obsolescence is, for me, exactly what one wouldn't get a tattoo done ... but being secondary school, they wouldn't really go much deeper than that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Didn't one guy get a tattoo of his friend bending over and spreading his cheeks with his belly button as the ring? I seem to remember seeing that on YouTube.

One of the guys in work here has a large line drawing of his friend sinking a pint of beer on his torso under his armpit. There's no depth to the oddness of humanity.
    Yep

Master
    What channels were you hopping dude

They said there was no cameras!!!

Personally I've got 3 tattoos, all where they don't show. That is a throw bad from a company I worked for where in my line of work and department they where frowned upon. My own criteria is basically think about it before hand, alot. And have it somewhere where it won't sag in later life.

As to the tv show, I've not seen it but it beggars belief that some people are so stupid / thick / desensitised that they think this is good idea. Oh and as to the removal thing I've a friend doing this now on his hands and neck. In his own words he was an idiot at the time. He says it's like hot fat being flicked at you ALOT and he's a chef so you'd think he'd be used to it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Probbaly not as bad as something I happened upon, while channel hopping last night to find a bloke getting fisted.
    how I originally read this.

I just had to check this program out on youtube. The tampon tattoo is mind boggling...

:)

Master
    I am certainly not an old fart but I do worry for my 3 late teenage boys. I don’t think the odd well placed tattoo is the end of the world. I just don’t get sleeve tattoos, neck, head, hands etc. As others have said making a decision when your 18 that seems awesome/ hilarious etc cant be a good idea, I look back at some of the clothing and hair choices I made at that age and I can’t believe anyone ever let me out of the house. God knows what would have happened if I made tattoo decisions that easily/ casually........... David Beckham has a lot to answer for imo!!

As for the show I have seen it, like watching a car crash! Can’t possibly end well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmm tattoo, bit like having to wear the same clothes, watch, shoes for life.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I'm amazed how some folks do it on a whim and how banal the reasoning and symbolism often is, and fwiw I've got one, had it for nearly 30 years now, but it's discreet and I still like it. But in all honesty I haven't seen any others in the flesh as it were that've made me think yes I'd like that. Some have made me think that would look good on a T shirt but as 2 observed you can change your clothes. Still each to their own and at the end of the day it's their hide.

Master
    I've got half sleeves on both my arms made up of joining individual tattoos. As has been said, they become a part of you. I'm 41 and still getting them done. Would never get them on my hands or neck but would go to full sleeves on both arms. Each to their own I suppose. Wouldn't let anybody pick tattoos for me, that program is quite sad really.

Master
    To be fair tattoo’s can look good in an artwork appreciation way but this program is as far from that as possible in the tattoo world. In fact I’m amazed that a mature artist would actually do some of the work that this program shows. I know the girl that got to me was 18 but I just would draw the line way before that if it were my show.

Two silly 30 something blokes getting something stupid, whatever but an 18 year old girl with a large naked woman taking a 5hit to represent her first foray into anal sex and the resultant ‘pull out poo’ is just bizarre to me.

Imagine explaining that to her new boyfriend or family, mind you millions of people already know I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I am certainly not an old fart but I do worry for my 3 late teenage boys. I don’t think the odd well placed tattoo is the end of the world. I just don’t get sleeve tattoos, neck, head, hands etc. As others have said making a decision when your 18 that seems awesome/ hilarious etc cant be a good idea, I look back at some of the clothing and hair choices I made at that age and I can’t believe anyone ever let me out of the house. God knows what would have happened if I made tattoo decisions that easily/ casually........... David Beckham has a lot to answer for imo!!

As for the show I have seen it, like watching a car crash! Can’t possibly end well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine are getting £3000 each if they stay tattoo free until they are 25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    They'll get some nice tattoos with £3000😉

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Don't forget to check everywhere.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Hmmmmmm tattoo, bit like having to wear the same clothes, watch, shoes for life.
    +1.....even when those same clothes are faded, knackered and totally out of fashion!

Imagine having a pair of baggy flares and platform shoes as a permanant fixture!

Young folks are like encyclopaedias.....they know everything, no point trying to tell them otherwise.

I love tattoos and appreciate the artistic skill, but watching some moron getting a shit tattoo is pure joy. Evil guilty pleasure indeed

A few months ago I binge watched the first 2 series. Thankfully the programme is so formulaic that I could fast forward through to the reveals without having to watch the associated rubbish that went with it.

The artwork and quality is consistently good, but the choice of subject matter varied from the excellent to the truly, truly awful. I suspect this series will be pretty much all dreadful as the participants will have seen what came before.

The most unfortunate pairing was Charlotte Dawson and Katie Salmon. Katie got a (honestly) lovely tribute to Charlotte's dad Les done on Charlotte's back. Unfortunately Charlotte had a (dreadful) unicorn with an ejaculating penis for a horn inked on Katie's lower stomach.

I'll be adding to my one tattoo later in the year but don't intend to go with either of those designs