closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alton towers theme park

Alton towers theme park

Thinking of going tomorrow, anyone been lately ?
    Haven’t been myself for quite a few years.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Andy
    Book tickets online to save money but more importantly you get in quicker as you don’t need to buy at gate!

Get there early, before it opens, vip parking is a rip off but worth it as it’s so close to entrance, again meaning you get in quicker, normal carpark needs you using monorail which can take time.

I don’t think you can book online for next day. If you do get in early go straight to the popular rides, wicker man is new this year, Rita is fantastic, but all major coasters will be busy so work out a good starting order to get on a few early... then you can relax and go on the less popular stuff.

Optionally buy fast pass tickets (set of six) but use them later in day when queues are really big.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy
    You can buy a year pass for the same price as a gate ticket Andy

Cheers guys. I’ve got a free adult pass from Kellogg’s
    Cereal pack. So just got to pay for my son. Bet that’s about £30 now
    Will it be busy tomorrow ? Hope not

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't of thought it would be very busy as the schools round here break up next week.

£38 for a child.

Go straight to smiler,there’s a couple of good ones in that area too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s closed tomorrow according to there web site. Very strange

Master
    Cheers guys. I’ve got a free adult pass from Kellogg’s
    Cereal pack. So just got to pay for my son. Bet that’s about £30 now
    how old is your son? I thought the free pass on the cereal boxes only worked when you bought another adult ticket

Master
    It’s closed tomorrow according to there web site. Very strange
    It's a 2016 link but it's an explanation:
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/alton-towers-close-quiet-days-10719533

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    how old is your son? I thought the free pass on the cereal boxes only worked when you bought another adult ticket
    He’s 13. Yeah I have the tickets that are one free adult pass for every kids or another adult purchased

I was there Monday last week, the first time at Alton for around 20 odd years! Nemesis was the only ride back then that's still there now, all the other rides were new to me.

If you can't go tomorrow I wouldn't worry too much, the opening hours are a paltry 10am-4pm on weekdays at the moment, I think that changes to 6pm next week. You can join a queue right up to "closing" time, just not after it, so there's no chance of you queuing for a ride only to be told you can't go on it. Make use of your voucher, we had 2 for 1 tickets ourselves, very few people pay full price though you may have to if you want to use your admission as a year pass. As has been said, get there early to make the most of your time there.

Queues were no more than 40min when we went and there were a few that we pretty much walked straight on to, why anyone goes to places like this in peak time and then queues for +2h for each ride is beyond me. Wicker Man is the new "woody" roller coaster, it's faster than it looks and has that clatter that you get from wooden 'coasters, it also has a great pre-ride introduction. Oblivion is short but gives you a huge rush, do Galactica twice (once with the virtual reality headwear and once without), Nemesis pulls some g's, and The Smiler is just mental. Properly batsh!t mental! Don't look up Thirteen or Hex prior to riding but do experience them, Thirteen has a couple of hidden surprises (if you know what they are beforehand it'll spoil things) and whilst Hex is far removed from the white-knuckle stuff I found it very clever indeed.

Forgot to add - you can walk to the main entrance from the carpark if the queue for the monorail looks too long, it took us around 15min or so each way. There's an app you can download that'll give you live queue times for each ride, we found them to be accurate though TBH it's a big old place so rather than zig-zag from one short queue to another you'll probably save time by choosing clockwise or anti-clockwise around the park - we went clockwise though I suspect most people go this way. Each ride also has queue times at their entrance points.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by CardShark; 22nd May 2018 at 21:20.

Going tomorrow.
    Just wondered if the local schools are back
    In staffs area ?
    Andy

Kids back to school here yesterday...
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Kids back to school here yesterday...
    Enjoy!
    Thanks

Well had a great day today at the theme park.
    Was busier than I thought it would be
    Smiler my fave ride

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well had a great day today at the theme park.
    Was busier than I thought it would be
    Smiler my fave ride
    Ive not tried the smiler yet but the nemesis has always been my fave. Did you try wicker man out?

We went last Tuesday, got to say whilst I will morn the loss of the Flume, the Wicker man that has been built in its place is immense and is highly recommended !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkit View Post
    We went last Tuesday, got to say whilst I will morn the loss of the Flume, the Wicker man that has been built in its place is immense and is highly recommended !
    just had a quick glimpse on you tube but it did not excite me. What is it about it that makes it good? the actual ride itself looks very cool.

Its got that “rickity” wooden coaster feel, its surprisingly quick with some fast directional changes. Theres also a theatrical experience prior to getting on the ride thats a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    just had a quick glimpse on you tube but it did not excite me. What is it about it that makes it good? the actual ride itself looks very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Ive not tried the smiler yet but the nemesis has always been my fave. Did you try wicker man out?
    Yes wicker man twice. Pretty good. Not brilliant though. Fast and old fashioned in wood