closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Kickstarter project goes belly-up

Another Kickstarter project goes belly-up

After taking tens of thousands of crowdfunding pre-orders for a high-end pair of “3D sound” headphones, audio startup Ossic announced this weekend it is shutting down the company and backers will not be receiving refunds.

The company raised $3.2 million across Kickstarter and Indiegogo for their Ossic X headphones, which they pitched as a pair of high-end head-tracking headphones that would be perfect for listening to 3D audio, especially in a VR environment. While the company also raised a “substantial seed investment,” in a letter on the Ossic website, the company blamed the slow adoption of virtual reality alongside their crowdfunding campaign stretch goals that bogged down their R&D team.
    https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/20/af...isappears/amp/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

This should be considered fraud/theft.

I've dabbled in a few kickstarter schemes and so far have had more hits than misses but its close and increasingly they are below expectations I find

I had thought the amount was protected, the note on the page when you back a campaign now is implicit that the amount is to contribute to the development of the project NOT a purchase,

from memory this was not so obvious last time I back something

The ticketing website "Vibe tickets" has gone into adminstration. It raised £600,000 from crowdfunding website Crowcube and raised a further £750,000 from private backers last October...... Here's the thing. The founder has since restructured the company and bought it out of administration. Backers of the old business stand to lose their money...... Funny, no mention of the word 'scam' in the Sunday times report.