closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Hybrid View

Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Guys

I’m currrently helping to fund a trip for ten children with special educational needs.

Inner city Birmingham location and many of these kids have never seen the sea or felt the sand between their toes

So... to coincide with a theatre production of War Horse atvthe Lowry in Manchester, we are hoping to get the kids to Crosby beach near Liverpool

Costs are high...
    Already have managed to cover the tickets for the performance at £200 but the transport is coming in at about £400

This is the amount I am hoping to raise via donations

The kids are high level ASD and EBD - challenging yet totally loving and fun too

I managed the £200 but the rest....
    Well.... can anybody help?

Ten kids plus carerscand equipment means a large and reliable minibus

£400 is the best quote our organiser has to date

I appreciate that many of them give already to charity, indeed many of you help each Christmas when I organise the presents for social services kids

If it’s a no it’s a no - and if not suitable to ask - please delete the thread

PM for any payment details or reply to the thread and I’ll contact you these next few days

Many thanks - anything donated appreciated

Master
    Lovely place we where there yesterday.
    My mrs works with children with educational needs and is taking a few there tomorrow.

Will have a look see what I have I can put on sales corner to help.

While financial contributions to good causes are one thing, the fact that you are giving up your time and effort to help are even more important IMHO, particularly when you are trying to help a good cause that does not get as much exposure as others.

The world is a better place because of people like you, hope that you receive lots of PM's.

Hi
    Thanks so much to those of you who have contributed
    I’ll be giving them my own time in the day (a very long day) to help in any way I can too

Dig deep fellas - the price of a cheap nato would be great

PM for details

There has been an astonishingly generous donation made by a particular member which is sooooo generous

A few others which are all fab and appreciated

Come on fellas - we’re all guilty of wasting money

Just pledge the cost of two pints?

These kids are awesome - exciting times!

Blog Entries
    As a former Special Needs teacher, I am more than happy with the initiative. Free bump on me!

Menno

Master
    I work with SEN students on a daily basis in a secondary school. I remember your last post when you were shocked at lack of equipment and asked for money then. Whilst I understand your shock I felt it lacked a genuine understanding of the problem, which is fine, you don't work in that sector after all.

Fundraising is difficult and there are a lot of noble causes. When people donate, they have to make a choice and want to fully understand where the money is going. I would suggest trying to do something to raise money, run a marathon, do a bike ride. Overcoming some challenge will show genuine commitment from your part rather than just asking for cash. Good luck though, I think your intentions are right.

I’m putting the existing funds raised to date in below

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/john-coote

Hope this resolves matters?

No idea how it all works but hope it shows the openness needed

Since you just closed the thread I’ll add my 2p: the only reason this happened is because of your history within this community, your lies when pretending to buy watches for impoverished members of your family that you then sold to ebay for significantly more, your covert dealer activities with no visible respect of Eddie’s rules and your general character here.
    You may act differently IRL but personally I don’t believe a leopard can change its spots.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Since you just closed the thread I’ll add my 2p: the only reason this happened is because of your history within this community, your lies when pretending to buy watches for impoverished members of your family that you then sold to ebay for significantly more, your covert dealer activities with no visible respect of Eddie’s rules and your general character here.
    You may act differently IRL but personally I don’t believe a leopard can change its spots.
    Thats one thing about tz - the forum hivemind has a long and perhaps unforgiving memory.
    Last edited by seikopath; 26th May 2018 at 08:26.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

You're the only reason this hasn't worked out, John. Make it transparent, provide proof, and the money will come in. Don't and, well, don't blame us. More people will remember the flounce.
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If concerns have hindered a genuine fundraising effort than it is a shame.
    However, it's extremely skewed to accuse those who question you of being sick and twisted thread pi**ers.
    There are a multitude of fundraising and raffle threads on TZ that make plenty of money for good causes with many of the naysayers in this thread reaching into their pockets.
    They did not create your questionable history on this forum - you did

Drat!

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Just caught up with is and I’m amazed at where it’s gone, I gave to Johns charity based on another members good will towards me..

I can see where the suspicion is arising but when you really look at it does the prospect of raising £400 really make it worth defrauding?
    I mean you would have to be quite desperate to go to these lengths for that sum of money, I’m not saying it’s a small amount of cash but it’s not like he has asked or taken thousands like some others not to far away..

Hopefully it’s all above board and the kids have a great day out..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Just caught up with is and I’m amazed at where it’s gone, I gave to Johns charity based on another members good will towards me..

I can see where the suspicion is arising but when you really look at it does the prospect of raising £400 really make it worth defrauding?
    I mean you would have to be quite desperate to go to these lengths for that sum of money, I’m not saying it’s a small amount of cash but it’s not like he has asked or taken thousands like some others not to far away..

From memory the deal was to buy stuff in Tesco when they had clubcard points offers, sell whatever it was (for example https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...D**-SOLD-NOW**) and convert points to Goldsmiths vouchers (I think they were worth three times the points, so £1 Tesco = £3 Goldsmiths) to then buy stuff to sell or just sell the points (https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rs-SOLD-THANKS). Eddie banned him for acting like a market trader.

This was quite recent: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...n-bracelet-etc

He once tried to lowball me with a sob story on a watch as johncoote69. There are enough alarm bells ringing for us to want to see evidence of where the charity money is going. There'll be a letter of thanks from the charity, a receipt or some kind of evidence, the kind of thing charities issue for people to use on a tax return or whatever. There'll be some form of accountability to all the people giving him money. And having said he'd donate the money we haven't yet seen the evidence.

How come you donated this time after your comments on this thread from last August ??

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...n-bracelet-etc

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    How come you donated this time after your comments on this thread from last August ??

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...n-bracelet-etc
    Simply because I forgot I suppose!

I don’t really keep a record of all who I have commented on here, plus the person who helped me out asked if I could make a donation to this charity..

Simple as that really..

the person who helped me out asked if I could make a donation to this charity..
    Charity? Donations were made to the OP’s personal PayPal account.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Charity? Donations were made to the OP’s personal PayPal account.
    Look, it was given as a charitable donation £15.00, Call it what you will..

Yeh he does have a checkered past going by some of the evidence.

But using children with a disability to swindle a few hundred quid is below any low someone would stoop too on here surely, not being naive but it just seems all a bit too much to risk for such little reward.

If and I mean IF it turns out bad then effectively we who have donated will have been robbed?

Be good to hear from John with positive evidence and clear all this up.

This thread is such depressing reading.

In order to prove this is bona-fide there is a simple solution:

OP post the receipt for the tickets to Warhorse you already bought.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    This thread is such depressing reading.

In order to prove this is bona-fide there is a simple solution:

OP post the receipt for the tickets to Warhorse you already bought.
    Yeah, well, we've been requesting evidence and he hasn't provided any. Hopefully he will soon and it will all be cleared up.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Well, I donated £50 out of the goodness of my heart before this thread really got going, so if this is not happening I want my money back!

War Horse is playing at the Lowry from 13th June to 30th June...
    Last edited by FazerBoy; 11th June 2018 at 10:38.

Probably been taking people for mugs for years. Did the kids ever get their Xmas presents?

Can’t understand why he was given second chance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Probably been taking people for mugs for years. Did the kids ever get their Xmas presents?

I find it utterly incomprehensible that decent, generous members are being openly treated like this. Truly shameful OP. Please 1) sort this farce out properly and 2) disappear from TZ-UK for good for everyone’s sake

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

I have to admit, the Christmas, send the presents to me and I’ll take them round did have my senses tingling.

Master
    Hopefully, this will help things;
    IMG_9692.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Sorry, it’s not very clear. If someone can PM me their Email address, I am happy to send it over so it can be uploaded clearly.

It would help if we could read it!

Edit: now we can

And breathe..
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master

Ah, cracked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Ah, cracked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Company number on their letterhead is not correct (they should probably fix that):

Company number on letter in image - 725866 (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/s...anies?q=725866)

Correct company number from Companies House - 7252866 (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/s...nies?q=7252866)

I donated and still believe that the monies he’s raised have gone to support the trip.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Neither 'side' has conducted itself well in this thread.

An apparent attempt to fundraise but without proper transparency.
    Legitimate questions conducted in a way that can only be described as attacking at times.

Quite embarrasing, move the thread to The Bear Pit where this type of thing is more acceptable?

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    That's good. I think the earlier emails you should have kept to yourself till you had the final out come. You should ha sent a pm to him explaining what the college had said.

He has admitted he went about it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    That's good. I think the earlier emails you should have kept to yourself till you had the final out come. You should ha sent a pm to him explaining what the college had said.

He has admitted he went about it all wrong.
    Your opinion.

He only admitted it after the email was posted. Before that, he only had insults for anyone with questions.

Master
    That's what makes the world a beautiful place we are all allowed an opinion.

It just looks like people had him down for guilty and went looking for glory by outing a rat that didn't exist and addin more to a stirring pot . If he had been left alone from the beginning he would have had a receipt to show. He only went about it different because people were insinuating he was stealing the money! All a bit poo in my opinion.

But as you have been proven wrong you will have a different opinion? You lit a fuse and stepped back in my opinion 😁

Well well well......

Just ten visited the thread to see all of the apologies.....

NOT

I’d like to thank the person who contacted the owner of our business who has tried to insinuate that I’m a thief

I had a fab meeting with my directors who loved and knew what I was doing throughout

Robbing money from a charity thing?

There should be a band made on here

Ally and the prophets of bull

My name is cleared without any doubts at all

I’ve not heard from “Janine” - SHe got it wrong
    Do you all see that?
    People make mistakes - information can take time to pull through
    What an “about turn”

The kids? Yes - remember them? They’re going in their trip

Thanks to those that donated it has been true it aporeciated

Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    That's what makes the world a beautiful place we are all allowed an opinion.

It just looks like people had him down for guilty and went looking for glory by outing a rat that didn't exist and addin more to a stirring pot . If he had been left alone from the beginning he would have had a receipt to show. He only went about it different because people were insinuating he was stealing the money! All a bit poo in my opinion.

But as you have been proven wrong you will have a different opinion? You lit a fuse and stepped back in my opinion 
    Many thanks for your kind words

I am delighted that SOME funds went to wherever they were supposed to.

I think there are so many things wrong with the way John went about it. He may be pleased with himself. He may think he was vindicated. None of that is justified.

1) If you want to raise money, it’s best if you have a good name. If you’ve managed to ruin the reputation of 2 forum ID previously, it’s going to have an impact.

2) In ALL cases, and even more so if your reputation has suffered previously, do everything openly throughout. And to start with, avoid being even remotely associated through your job.

3) As you’re asking other people for their hard earned, do it politely. If they question your motives, stay polite, smile, and as much as possible address their concerns: not for those who openly question you, but for all the others who will read both questions and answers (or lack there of).

4) In all situations remain humble. You’re begging, for a good cause but begging nevertheless. I’ve done it with the SA at Christmas and other causes, I can tell you that being snotty is not going to get people to dig deep.

Having said all that, I’ll just add 2 things:
    - You would have raised 2 or 3 times more if you had done it properly and had kept your attitude in check.
    - The way you did it is probably illegal. Those who donated are entitled to claim for tax relief. Are you going to refund them? Or do what they would have done, and give it to the charity on their behalf?

I am delighted that SOME funds went to wherever they were supposed to.

I think there are so many things wrong with the way John went about it. He may be pleased with himself. He may think he was vindicated. None of that is justified.

1) If you want to raise money, it’s best if you have a good name. If you’ve managed to ruin the reputation of 2 forum ID previously, it’s going to have an impact.

2) In ALL cases, and even more so if your reputation has suffered previously, do everything openly throughout. And to start with, avoid being even remotely associated through your job.

3) As you’re asking other people for their hard earned, do it politely. If they question your motives, stay polite, smile, and as much as possible address their concerns: not for those who openly question you, but for all the others who will read both questions and answers (or lack there of).

4) In all situations remain humble. You’re begging, for a good cause but begging nevertheless. I’ve done it with the SA at Christmas and other causes, I can tell you that being snotty is not going to get people to dig deep.

Having said all that, I’ll just add 2 things:
    - You would have raised 2 or 3 times more if you had done it properly and had kept your attitude in check.
    - The way you did it is probably illegal. Those who donated are entitled to claim for tax relief. Are you going to refund them? Or do what they would have done, and give it to the charity on their behalf?

Nothing illegal

If people hadn’t pooped in the thread I’d have hit the £400 for them
    It’s mainly down to one complete idiot from north of the border
    It makes it all the sweeter that of course... it was all above board

No need guys for any apologies now
    It’s dealt with - I’ll continue to sleep well at night in England

With respect, if anything it isn’t above board. At all.

With respect, if anything it isn’t above board. At all.
    Which reads “with lack of respect”

All is settled
    All s correct
    All monies were received
    Children will benefit

There is an element of lack of respect. Respect is earned, not a given.
    You have a stained reputation. The stains are of your own making, not some sort of unfortunate circumstances.
    Now you keep saying all is above board but that is factually incorrect and you’re a liar for saying it.
    The only thing that has been established is that some of the money went to the charity. We don’t know how much you collected.
    We don’t know how much you donated to the charity.
    If we knew this, with some sort of evidence, you could start claiming that things are above board. And even then, the fact that getting you to fulfill this basic, fundamental and perfectly normal request shows why you should not be trusted with other people’s money.

There is an element of lack of respect. Respect is earned, not a given.
    You have a stained reputation. The stains are of your own making, not some sort of unfortunate circumstances.
    Now you keep saying all is above board but that is factually incorrect and you’re a liar for saying it.
    The only thing that has been established is that some of the money went to the charity. We don’t know how much you collected.
    We don’t know how much you donated to the charity.
    If we knew this, with some sort of evidence, you could start claiming that things are above board. And even then, the fact that getting you to fulfill this basic, fundamental and perfectly normal request shows why you should not be trusted with other people’s money.
    Ffs - have a look at the just giving page it says how much went in and how much was donated
    The lot of it you baffoons.....

Do you think it’s just a tenner

I call out and ask the person who wrote to Janine and the owner of our business - yes - the person who tried to get me into deep trouble (tragic fail btw as my firm are more than aware of what’s been raised etc)
    Give Janine a bell and ask her how much she got
    Then go through the admin of asking every individual who donated to state how much

Then call Johnny Ball (of think of a number fame) you’ll need him to help as clearly you’ll need independent assurance that the maths are correct

Then tick the box of “oh.... he’s right after all”

I read a thread earlier today about buying watches from a charity shop - raffling them off and “after covering your costs” donating some to the charity shop and some to the fundraiser
    That’s fab - but are we to actually believe the guy hasn’t profited if he does it!
    Will we have an itemised link to the sake - each ticket sold - do the “costs” include petrol to and from the shop?
    Should he create an official page to deal with it all?

No.... of course not - but that’s where things are going due to the mind numbing behaviour of posters like this

I’ve still not heard from Janine - despite sending a few well worded emails....

Gone from knowing nothing of anything to clearing up things rapidly - let’s call Columbo...

Every penny raised has gone to the trust (apart from the stupid % that just giving take - which wasn’t my suggestion)

That’s the end of it - FINAL - I won’t post on this thread again unless I hear from Janine or until I receive and update on how the trip went etc
    I won’t be attending due to a funeral (pictures of that can be provided if needed with a copy of that days newspaper in hand as evidence of date etc) for the sick cynics amongst you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Ffs - have a look at the just giving page it says how much went in and how much was donated

I call out and ask the person who wrote to Janine and the owner of our business - yes - the person who tried to get me into deep trouble (tragic fail btw as my firm are more than aware of what’s been raised etc)
    Then go through the admin of asking every individual who donated to state how much

Then call Johnny Ball (of think of a number fame) you’ll need him to help as clearly you’ll need independent assurance that the maths are correct

I read a thread earlier today about buying watches from a charity shop - raffling them off and “after covering your costs” donating some to the charity shop and some to the fundraiser
    That’s fab - but are we to actually believe the guy hasn’t profited if he does it!
    Will we have an itemised link to the sake - each ticket sold - do the “costs” include petrol to and from the shop?

No.... of course not - but that’s where things are going due to the mind numbing behaviour of posters like this

Gone from knowing nothing of anything to clearing up things rapidly - let’s call Columbo...

Every penny raised has gone to the trust (apart from the stupid % that just giving take - which wasn’t my suggestion)

That’s the end of it - FINAL - I won’t post on this thread again unless I hear from Janine or until I receive and update on how the trip went etc
    I won’t be attending due to a funeral (pictures of that can be provided if needed with a copy of that days newspaper in hand as evidence of date etc) for the sick cynics amongst you
    sorry but you are a dick. You really need to sort it out- it is no wonder forum members had a go. Your attitude is something else.

You need to ''wind your neck in'' pal, you've got dodgy history on here, you could have raised far more money had you handled the whole affair differently, whilst your intentions may have been honourable if you have issues with anxiety and or depression you should have sought help organising the donations banking and payment, your beligerance is at odds with ''good deeds'', hence why I for one didn't contribute.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

(...)

(...)
    Since you are asking for it.

I don't know who wrote to the owner of your business, certainly not me. I did contact Janine as you had repeatedly and over a period of three week promised to produce evidence of the money being handed over but have failed to do so. As you know, Ruskin Mill have confirmed that they received money both from/via you as well as from your employer. So far, there is no information about how much money was received. How you can continue to claim that transparency has been established is beyond me.

If I go back to the beginning of this thread, you are claiming that you have donated the first £200 to cover the tickets. Add to that the £252.58 from forum mebers (post 28), that makes £452.58 which should have been received by the school (excluding money given by your employer). Or did the £200 come from your employer and you have donated nothing yourself?

The answer to this simple question will go a long way towards establishing transparency and will also leave members with enough information to judge for themselves.

Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

All is not correct. Far from it. But indeed you can give directly through Just giving. Go on the Ruskin Mill website and follow the links to donate. THAT is correct.
    BTW, they also have a page if you want to raise funds