closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Guys

I’m currrently helping to fund a trip for ten children with special educational needs.

Inner city Birmingham location and many of these kids have never seen the sea or felt the sand between their toes

So... to coincide with a theatre production of War Horse atvthe Lowry in Manchester, we are hoping to get the kids to Crosby beach near Liverpool

Costs are high...
    Already have managed to cover the tickets for the performance at £200 but the transport is coming in at about £400

This is the amount I am hoping to raise via donations

The kids are high level ASD and EBD - challenging yet totally loving and fun too

I managed the £200 but the rest....
    Well.... can anybody help?

Ten kids plus carerscand equipment means a large and reliable minibus

£400 is the best quote our organiser has to date

I appreciate that many of them give already to charity, indeed many of you help each Christmas when I organise the presents for social services kids

If it’s a no it’s a no - and if not suitable to ask - please delete the thread

PM for any payment details or reply to the thread and I’ll contact you these next few days

Many thanks - anything donated appreciated

Master
    Lovely place we where there yesterday.
    My mrs works with children with educational needs and is taking a few there tomorrow.

Will have a look see what I have I can put on sales corner to help.

While financial contributions to good causes are one thing, the fact that you are giving up your time and effort to help are even more important IMHO, particularly when you are trying to help a good cause that does not get as much exposure as others.

The world is a better place because of people like you, hope that you receive lots of PM's.

Hi
    Thanks so much to those of you who have contributed
    I’ll be giving them my own time in the day (a very long day) to help in any way I can too

Dig deep fellas - the price of a cheap nato would be great

PM for details

There has been an astonishingly generous donation made by a particular member which is sooooo generous

A few others which are all fab and appreciated

Come on fellas - we’re all guilty of wasting money

Just pledge the cost of two pints?

These kids are awesome - exciting times!

Blog Entries
    As a former Special Needs teacher, I am more than happy with the initiative. Free bump on me!

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    As a former Special Needs teacher, I am more than happy with the initiative. Free bump on me!

Menno
    Thankyou so much both for your enthusiasm and donation

We are half way there !!!!!

Thankyou so much to those that have contributed so far

No matter the amount big or small it all counts to making some young people with difficult lives much happier just for a short period of time

Memories are priceless

Please please help - can you give your bottle of wine a Miss tomorrow night?
    Hose the car down rather than pay £5-£10 to have it done this week?

Let’s smash this

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Donation made.

Come on people - let’s get this £400 raised for these kids!

How far off the target are you?

Bumping this thread up for Sweepinghand. Lets get those kids to the theatre and the beach for some candy floss

Quote Originally Posted by Lukea View Post
    How far off the target are you?

I’m about £140 off the magic £400
    Cannot stress the magnificence and thanks to all so far

Guys - please help!!

Seems like a fantastic cause.

Will you be issuing the charitable donation receipts by post or by email?

Haven't you just bought a BMW M3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Haven't you just bought a BMW M3 ?
    You’re correct I have

I’ve also contributed £200 towards tickets for all the kids to watch a production of war horse

What’s your point? Have you decided to make a donation? If not I would suggest leaving the thread alone

I do a lot of fundraising, volunteering etc and love the fact that some genuine people on here are willing with a good heart to help

I also own my own home and various quality watches

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Seems like a fantastic cause.

Will you be issuing the charitable donation receipts by post or by email?
    I will be providing photographic evidence of the funds being handed over
    Plus there will be supporting evidence of the day and a confirmation from the school concerned thanking TZ members etc

Hmmmm

People should probably read the Bear Pit Draft thread before considering giving this guy any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    You’re correct I have

I’ve also contributed £200 towards tickets for all the kids to watch a production of war horse

What’s your point? Have you decided to make a donation? If not I would suggest leaving the thread alone

I do a lot of fundraising, volunteering etc and love the fact that some genuine people on here are willing with a good heart to help

I also own my own home and various quality watches
    My point is.....you have your hand out here for free money on the back of splashing out for what I'd consider a very expensive toy.
    It doesn't feel/look/sound right in my opinion.
    Do you turn up to your fundraising and volunteering in the M3 ? I'd rather hope not because that, again, in my opinion wouldn't feel/look/sound right either...
    And no, I haven't made a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    My point is.....you have your hand out here for free money on the back of splashing out for what I'd consider a very expensive toy.
    It doesn't feel/look/sound right in my opinion.
    Do you turn up to your fundraising and volunteering in the M3 ? I'd rather hope not because that, again, in my opinion wouldn't feel/look/sound right either...
    And no, I haven't made a donation.

What a disgusting and unsavoury attitude you have

It’s not MY hand that is out - it’s that of the children and organisation I’m working with to raise the funds

The £200 worth of tickets covered by me

Do I turn up in my M3? Yes I do - if you perhaps understood anything at all about these young people and the issues they face you’d also see the excitement of seeing it, wanting to sit in it, talking about cars and wanting to learn to drive in the future
    All aspirational

If it doesn’t sit with you that’s fine
    Do celebrities representing unicef and the like get trolled by you too?

You have no positive input so please leave the thread alone

There are many good people here that have for example taught at SEN schools, understand that these kids have many issues and bond and interact with differing things in life

My clients and my volunteering placement appreciate what I do, people turn up there in Bentleys and volunteer - maybe we should all have a £10 beater and give our money to charity?

Do not please turn this fund raising thread into a bun fight or opinion battle

It doesn’t sit well with you - right - so sit somewhere that does

For the people that have sent their kind comments and their donations I applaud you

These kids will get their trip
    A huge help has come from here to date - Thankyou all

As much as I'd like to tell you to go F*** yourself, I'm limited because it's the G & D but what I will say is "Go and F*** yourself"

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I have donated here as I tend to take people at their word but I have to admit recent posts have made me a little concerned so I hope all is above board and at the moment I am still happy with my decision.

The issue raised by Reggie though is ridiculous. I earn a very high salary and have expensive possessions yet I would not hesitate to raise money for good causes from others (after having put something in the pot myself). I have done that many times via sponsorship. Many wealthy celebrities will front campaigns to raise money and there’s nothing wrong with that. Does somebody have to give away every superfluous possession and asset before they can ask others to help out for a good cause? My employer is at the upper end of the Rich List and does give away substantial monies to charity but does also serve on the boards of several charities and approaches others for their financial help.

If Reggie does not wish to donate here that’s his choice but I can’t understand why he has decided to mess up this thread, unless he is saying that the OP is not telling the truth when he states that he has donated £200 for the theatre tickets and is putting in his time and effort too.

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    I have donated here as I tend to take people at their word but I have to admit recent posts have made me a little concerned so I hope all is above board and at the moment I am still happy with my decision.

The issue raised by Reggie though is ridiculous. I earn a very high salary and have expensive possessions yet I would not hesitate to raise money for good causes from others (after having put something in the pot myself). I have done that many times via sponsorship. Many wealthy celebrities will front campaigns to raise money and there’s nothing wrong with that. Does somebody have to give away every superfluous possession and asset before they can ask others to help out for a good cause? My employer is at the upper end of the Rich List and does give away substantial monies to charity but does also serve on the boards of several charities and approaches others for their financial help.

If Reggie does not wish to donate here that’s his choice but I can’t understand why he has decided to mess up this thread, unless he is saying that the OP is not telling the truth when he states that he has donated £200 for the theatre tickets and is putting in his time and effort too.

Many thanks for your support

The “evidence” will show through by confirmation of the school and the pictures on the day

I have previously provided Coventry Social Services with brand new toys
    Supported well here - some of you guys took goods directly to them and the evidence of my collecting etc was there plain to see

It guts me to see trolls where things like this are concerned

Autism and Emotianal Behavioral issues are being supported, as too other needs and concerns including mental health, physical challenges etc

These kids have some amazing ABILITIES - autism itself is a complex and well researched area - great steps in early identification have been made over the years
    I’m here to try and give these young people a great new experience
    Nothing more
    Nothing less

Thankyou again - I look forward to posting the pics from the day and a formal Thankyou from the school too

There are many people that volunteer or do charitable work, myself included. I don’t doubt your sincerity and take you at face value. However, there has to be a level of accountability and auditing for anyone that is raising funds to protect those donating and those fundraising. I also think (well actually know) that you should not be posting any details or photographs of any children on an open forum. These children have not given permission, nor have their parents. I work with children, Local Authorities and various agencies and charities in a professional capacity and can tell you with a degree of certainty that they would not in any way agree to this approach. In fact I think that they may be quite surprised at the way in which you are going about this.

The other comments about how much children may want to see your M3 put me in mind of when I used to work for the Nspcc as a child protection officer and some of the very rich donators wanted us to bring some of the ‘poor’ children so that they could see them and give them a look at what they could have if they worked hard. Patronising at best......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    There are many people that volunteer or do charitable work, myself included. I don’t doubt your sincerity and take you at face value. However, there has to be a level of accountability and auditing for anyone that is raising funds to protect those donating and those fundraising. I also think (well actually know) that you should not be posting any details or photographs of any children on an open forum. These children have not given permission, nor have their parents. I work with children, Local Authorities and various agencies and charities in a professional capacity and can tell you with a degree of certainty that they would not in any way agree to this approach. In fact I think that they may be quite surprised at the way in which you are going about this.

The other comments about how much children may want to see your M3 put me in mind of when I used to work for the Nspcc as a child protection officer and some of the very rich donators wanted us to bring some of the ‘poor’ children so that they could see them and give them a look at what they could have if they worked hard. Patronising at best......
    Whilst I can see your perspective on the matter you are jumping the gun
    Any pictures will not show the children’s faces - that’s a safeguarding issue
    The car comments I can respect - it’s the PRU fellas more than the SEN that love cars
    A teacher asked me if it was ok for the kids to sit in a past Audi as they were pointing at it and interested in the audio install
    I saw no harm in it - none was intended - indeed we chatted about garage qualifications that they are hoping to work towards

If the thread causes any issue please let Eddie take it down as there is no intent

I have the upmost of respect for the irganisation you worked for, indeed my hope is to look to volunteer for childlike like some of the retired staff I’ve met. Lots of training before I get that far for sure, and I’m way too busy.

My car is never used as a “bullseye” look at what you could have won prize, it’s just something that if the kids see it I’m ok with them looking at or asking about

Sorry again if things don’t sit right
    The accountability will be clear and shown

For those of us who would like to support a good cause but have some understandable reservations in light of the questions raised above, perhaps a level of transparency about the donations would be helpful. Are the donations going straight to the school or local authority account, to a charity account, or to a justgiving account? I’m sure there would be no issue in simply naming the destination account here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When you're ready John, my sister works for the NSPCC and coordinates volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    For those of us who would like to support a good cause but have some understandable reservations in light of the questions raised above, perhaps a level of transparency about the donations would be helpful. Are the donations going straight to the school or local authority account, to a charity account, or to a justgiving account? I’m sure there would be no issue in simply naming the destination account here.
    All funds paid have gone to my PayPal gift account
    The monies will then be converted to a bankers draft made payable to the school

I have details of ALL donations and donaters via PayPal email addresses

As STRESSED - all monies will be proven to the school and the forum

Most donations have been made privately with messages of support with no issue at all
    One or two people I believe have helped with the Christmas toy donations in years gone by

There is no issue surrounding credibility and thanks to the people so far that have donated

Total funds to date raised; £252.58 precisely

I was hoping to hit the £400 but it appears that the thread has now been hijacked by a load mother and foul languages individual who has a post record and history of negativity

I will let the donations therefore close at midnight tonight allowing me to speak with the school representative and donate the funds

A genuine attempt to help - a genuine attempt to do good - derailed by a few people in a forum where large sums of money (including my own) are sent on trust sometimes days or even weeks in advance to secure to some vulgar levels of materialistic kudos

I look forward to sharing the evidence with you all in the weeks ahead

Thankyou again all that have expressed good wishes and donations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    When you're ready John, my sister works for the NSPCC and coordinates volunteers.
    I have sent you a pm to gain details

Master
    I work with SEN students on a daily basis in a secondary school. I remember your last post when you were shocked at lack of equipment and asked for money then. Whilst I understand your shock I felt it lacked a genuine understanding of the problem, which is fine, you don't work in that sector after all.

Fundraising is difficult and there are a lot of noble causes. When people donate, they have to make a choice and want to fully understand where the money is going. I would suggest trying to do something to raise money, run a marathon, do a bike ride. Overcoming some challenge will show genuine commitment from your part rather than just asking for cash. Good luck though, I think your intentions are right.

I’m putting the existing funds raised to date in below

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/john-coote

Hope this resolves matters?

No idea how it all works but hope it shows the openness needed

There is no issue surrounding credibility
    If you,

say so.

Master
    Ally, you of all people shouldn’t be taking a pop at anyone’s credibility following your recent fall from grace.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Ally, you of all people shouldn’t be taking a pop at anyone’s credibility following your recent fall from grace.
    Precisely.

A man with zero credibility on this forum, who very few TZ members would lower themselves to have any dealings with following recent revelations, seeks to discredit another member who appears to be trying to help the disadvantaged (even if perhaps somewhat misguidedly).

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Swindler.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=-Ally-

I nearly died laughing

Sweepinghand, could you just confirm for the viewers that you are the same John Coote who is registered as a user on this forum by the name johncoote69 but despite being banned from Sales Corner for "behaving like a market trader" you just decided to raise a middle finger to Eddie and the membership here and re-registered as Sweepinghand where you continue to behave like a market trader, flogging anything you can lay your hands on and hoovering up any freebies you see?

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Banned-from-SC

Credibility IS an issue...

My registration has been clarified with Eddie

I don’t need to clarify anything at all with you as individual
    You are not the forum police

Any issues past or present have been verified and sorted via Eddie

But thanks for your value add

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Sweepinghand, could you just confirm for the viewers that you are the same John Coote who is registered as a user on this forum by the name johncoote69 but despite being banned from Sales Corner for "behaving like a market trader" you just decided to raise a middle finger to Eddie and the membership here and re-registered as Sweepinghand where you continue to behave like a market trader, flogging anything you can lay your hands on and hoovering up any freebies you see?

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Banned-from-SC

Credibility IS an issue...
    2010.... it’s 2018 now

Wow.

I'm shocked and a little saddened by the way this thread's gone.

I have never met John personally but I've donated to both his 'Christmas toy' fundraiser and this one.

Like I said, I've never met the guy but in my (admittedly perhaps naive) view we're all supposed to be 'mates' or at least 'straight' on this forum, and I've taken his 'fundraisers' at face value and have no reason to believe they're not genuine.

'Benefit of the (if there is any) doubt' and all that IMO.

Payment details please.

Apologies, I’d missed the Justgiving link in your earlier post.

Also doubled my intended contribution due to the amusement of seeing Ally’s comment.

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 24th May 2018 at 15:07.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

List of patents etc - now all transferred etc

For clarity (and hopefully ok for those who have donated) a list of PayPal payments etc

These funds have transferred to a just giving page

Anybody therefore who has paid any money and is missing can shout that there’s fraud

Of course they won’t as all are listed

I’m pretty disgusted by attitudes and thread trolls
    I expect nothing less from some well known b-ends
    To those that have supported kids at Xmas - to those who have been to my property - to those locally that I know - I thank you for your support

I feel bullied into naming the people that have donated but nothing to hide but the anonymity of the donaters
    The biggest is aware of what is happening and is fine with this

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1taovrj1k/

Anybody wanting to donate please feel free

There’s a giving page link on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Wow.

I have never met John personally but I've donated to both his 'Christmas toy' fundraiser and this one.

Like I said, I've never met the guy but in my (admittedly perhaps naive) view we're all supposed to be 'mates' or at least 'straight' on this forum, and I've taken his 'fundraisers' at face value and have no reason to believe they're not genuine.

'Benefit of the (if there is any) doubt' and all that IMO.
    Thanks Souds - thetecare people on here who donated directly at the Xmas collections etc and were greeted by the people from the council etc
    All legit

There is a full list of those that have donated and I Thankyou massively

Craftsman

Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    It seems most threads end up like this and normally it’s the same people in them

I have been a member of many forums including photography, kit car and cycling where items change hands for up to 5 figures also and just don’t remember this amount of bitching and moaning or the amount of so called covert accounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by J3w3ll3r; 24th May 2018 at 15:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    It seems most threads end up like this and normally it’s the same people in them
    Sometimes fortunately and sometimes unfortunately this forum is frequented by some very astute individuals and some very untrusting individuals.

In this case, I do believe it's correct to question motives. There have been some questions raised in the Bear Pit which probably did need to be answered, mainly whether funds raised were going into a charity fund or send directly to the OP.

Charity work is to be applauded, but in this day and age it is very very easy to 'pick the pockets' of trusting individuals by using the "C" word and pulling on heart strings.
    To echo previous replies I applaud the efforts OP made with the Christmas Toy donations, but I have to add that I declined to take part because my hometown (as well as everybody elses, if they care to have a look) run the same gift-drive for impoverished familes in the local area.
    Ditto for the above scheme. There are tons of local disabled charities frantically trying to raise funds for the same sort of initiatives, but on a bigger scale.

If this is all registered and above board then I can't fault it, though for the amount required I would have loved to see OP make this happen using local donations rather than appealing on the forum. I would have understood if a child/family member was involved, but no mention of that.

I would urge anyone involved here to check the Bear Pit "Draught Thread" before proceeding further. Only one page back.

It concerns me a bit that this went from a casual "hey, if it's not allowed then no harm done", to a desperate plea for funds after the first interest was shown.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 24th May 2018 at 16:38.

All payments are visible

I had not ever set up a just giving post etc before and was prompted via pm by a guy who donated

I have no issues with any of it and all donations are shown

If any haven’t then stand up and shout thief

Transparent - but I do appreciate that in the vile world we live in that “charity” can indeed be used as a pickpocket tool or a blag etc

I repeat and repeat again - all will be proven with the donation and please please please I beg of you trolls - call 999 if I’m taking money under false pretences

Go on... imagine the embarrassment of wasting police time you’ll have right there

Perhaps call Taggart.....

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Sometimes fortunately and sometimes unfortunately this forum is frequented by some very astute individuals and some very untrusting individuals.

In this case, I do believe it's correct to question motives. There have been some questions raised in the Bear Pit which probably did need to be answered, mainly whether funds raised were going into a charity fund or send directly to the OP.

Charity work is to be applauded, but in this day and age it is very very easy to 'pick the pockets' of trusting individuals by using the "C" word and pulling on heart strings.
    To echo previous replies I applaud the efforts OP made with the Christmas Toy donations, but I have to add that I declined to take part because my hometown (as well as everybody elses, if they care to have a look) run the same gift-drive for impoverished familes in the local area.
    Ditto for the above scheme. There are tons of local disabled charities frantically trying to raise funds for the same sort of initiatives, but on a bigger scale.

If this is all registered and above board then I can't fault it, though for the amount required I would have loved to see OP make this happen using local donations rather than appealing on the forum. I would have understood if a child/family member was involved, but no mention of that.

I would urge anyone involved here to check the Bear Pit "Draught Thread" before proceeding further. Only one page back.

It concerns me a bit that this went from a casual "hey, if it's not allowed then no harm done", to a desperate plea for funds after the first interest was shown.
    I have no children
    I work around SEN for a LIVING

I’m not collecting for the RSPCA (I have a cat)

The school is in central Birmingham
    I live near Coventry

I sleep well at night

Master
    No need to explain to me - I decided immediately that I wouldn't be getting involved. You have to appreciate that such a vague and sketchy sounding project was going to attract some serious question marks though.
    I would want quotes from the travel companies, a full overview of who was involved (which school, for instance) and a breakdown of costs with receipts. Then again, I'm a sceptic. Luckily some on here aren't .

No need to explain to me - I decided immediately that I wouldn't be getting involved. You have to appreciate that such a vague and sketchy sounding project was going to attract some serious question marks though.
    I would want quotes from the travel companies, a full overview of who was involved (which school, for instance) and a breakdown of costs with receipts. Then again, I'm a sceptic. Luckily some on here aren't .
    +1
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Yet you feel the urge to post
    Not to worry

Master
    Yet you feel the urge to post
    Not to worry

Simply putting into very mild language some of the suggestions from The Pit, and offering (in a none confrontational way, I hope) the opportunity to clear up any confusion.
    I want to wish you the best of luck with the endeavour, but you're not making it easy.

I have no children
    I work around SEN for a LIVING

I’m not collecting for the RSPCA (I have a cat)

The school is in central Birmingham
    I live near Coventry

I sleep well at night
    I know plenty of people who '…work around SEN for a LIVING', having a son who is SEN, and not many of them drive an M3 or own a collection of luxury watches so whatever corner of the SEN 'market' you've managed to secure, well done you. The SEN workers I know just about make average wage.

Anyway, no dog in this fight, just mild confusion surrounding your fund-raising methods, especially if you do '…work around SEN for a LIVING'?