closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: HomeAway, Airbnb rentals....

Craftsman

HomeAway, Airbnb rentals....

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge/experience using sites such as HomeAway especially in France.

I am trying to book an apartment for a skiing trip at New Year and have seen loads of properties on HomeAway which show as available but when you request a reservation I either get no response or they come back and say it is available but they want £XXX more money! I have requested about 8 properties and every time have to put my credit card details in....so far no joy.

I have even tried Airbnb and whilst the response is much better, people are still coming back asking for more money! One even took my booking and money off my card then sent me an amendment for an extra £1000, I politly told them to poke it and insisted they refunded my money which they have.

The one thing in common is that these properties are French owned and I don't know if they use these sites in a different manner than I am used to when booking in the UK or Spain.

If anyone has any tips or other sites I could try please let me know.

Cheers

Neill

Master
    I’ve used Home and Away site numerous times, from France to Italy to Australia and places in between ! Always been ok, are you putting your preferred dates in and filtering as that used to tell you what the cost should be ?
    We’ve just booked for Barbados for next Year doing this and there were no ‘surprise’ costs .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No issue at all with our bookings. Worldwide travel with no probs, and used in France widely as we live here!

Craftsman
    Yes definitely putting the dates in and agree I have used both sites before without any issues but never for skiing accommodation. Just really weird, I am starting to think that all the good stuff is booked up and the only reason these are left is because the owners are lazy and not keeping their availability/prices updated.

Bloody frustrating

Craftsman
    We booked a 4 bed 4 bath villa in South of France two years ago with Homeaway. No problems except they notified us in advance that they wanted a €2000 deposit in cash at the start of the rental. Told them we would have no need of €2000 when we were going home so they accepted £1600 cash which they gave us back on the day we left. First time we’d gone with them too. I’d use them again.

Only experienced Airbnb and on the whole it’s been a positive experience.

On a couple of occasions we have had hosts cancel, one right at last minute which is annoying but the nature of a ‘hobby’ business.

We only use them for 1/2 night stays for less important things, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk