closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pub quizzes

Pub quizzes

Hi there folk, noobie on here so hello to you all!
    Off to a pub quiz tonight, normally do quite bad but there is beer to make up for that, does anyone else go to these things and have any tips/ funny stories?
    Cheers,
    Andy

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have a nice time.

Only tip I have is don't take it to seriously. Between the serial pub quizzers (they'll be the ones wearing a wooly jumper in this heat), and the cheaters (off to the toilet every five minutes, phone in hand), winning one of these is unlikely!

Off to the Three Rooms of Gloom shortly for our regular Monday night quiz, as I have for the last 35+ years.

Anyone caught using a phobile moan will find themselves viewing their very own selfie colonoscopy within seconds.

Our wives still think that we are in the quiz league that we left in the 1990s. We even stage a Weardale Road Pub Quiz League Christmas Knockout every December to keep the illusion going. None of the distaff side of our relationships seem to have noticed that there is only one pub on Weardale Road, thus rendering themselves ineligible for team selection.

Classic, can i join your Christmas team please.?
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Off to the Three Rooms of Gloom shortly for our regular Monday night quiz, as I have for the last 35+ years.

Anyone caught using a phobile moan will find themselves viewing their very own selfie colonoscopy within seconds.

Our wives still think that we are in the quiz league that we left in the 1990s. We even stage a Weardale Road Pub Quiz League Christmas Knockout every December to keep the illusion going. None of the distaff side of our relationships seem to have noticed that there is only one pub on Weardale Road, thus rendering themselves ineligible for team selection.

Spot on chap, just there to have a laugh. The people that run back from the toilet with the correct answer after having a epiphany are the worst! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Have a nice time.

Only tip I have is don't take it to seriously. Between the serial pub quizzers (they'll be the ones wearing a wooly jumper in this heat), and the cheaters (off to the toilet every five minutes, phone in hand), winning one of these is unlikely!

Master
    What’s Paul McCartney’s middle name?
    Who was the first person to use an atm?
    What was the name of the 4 Polaris submarines?
    What city was Cary Grant born in?
    How many times have I been to Las Vegas?

1 out of 5 you’re a crap quizzer and you’ve wasted your evening.

2 out of 5 you could probably hold your own in general chit chat at a bbq.

3 out of 5 you’ll do fairly well - top 14% quizzer I’d say.

4 out of 5 the quiz is yours for the taking - play your joker in the faces round.

5 out of 5 - wow well done (bit weird though)

Paul
    Reg Varney
    Revenge, renown, repulse, resolution
    Bristol